Matterhorn in the Magic Kingdom?

Enchantâmes

Not sure if you guys caught the latest post over at the imagineeringdisney blog:

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/7/25/matterhorn-for-magic-kingdom-fantasyland.html

All I can say is YES, YES, YES!!!! Wait did I say yes already? This is what we need!!!!

What do you guys think? Is this better than a franchise eccentric, non-catering-to-all-guest-demographic, meet and greet with a possible C ticket?
Its drawn on a napkin.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SeaCastle

How do you know that something is in the works then?????

If you pay attention to what our forum insiders say, you will learn that very exciting things are planned for the Resort, both in and out of the theme parks. Whether or not you choose to believe that is up to you.

LaughingGravy

When and where the Matterhorn was built, it was a big, bold, and creative thing to do.
I think the FLE is a step in the right direction.

But wait, what's that sound.....shhhhhh.....listen...
.It's Walt spinning in his grave at the selling of the land he worked so hard to get for a quick buck for the shareholders. Nothing speaks of shortsightedness more than that.
Out of ideas? Built too many hotels for the time?
Out of ideas with a quick return on investment(because anything else is not worth doing)?

Once you sell the land, it's gone. Even if bought back someday, whatever one would have to buy it for with improvements to be destroyed for a Disney replacement is certainly going to be much more than simply paying the taxes on the land would have been for the whole amount of time, whatever that is. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Enchantâmes

When and where the Matterhorn was built, it was a big, bold, and creative thing to do.
I think the FLE is a step in the right direction.

But wait, what's that sound.....shhhhhh.....listen...
.It's Walt spinning in his grave at the selling of the land he worked so hard to get for a quick buck for the shareholders. Nothing speaks of shortsightedness more than that.
Out of ideas? Built too many hotels for the time?
Out of ideas with a quick return on investment(because anything else is not worth doing)?

Once you sell the land, it's gone. Even if bought back someday, whatever one would have to buy it for with improvements to be destroyed for a Disney replacement is certainly going to be much more than simply paying the taxes on the land would have been for the whole amount of time, whatever that is. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
Train-Derail-3.jpg

lazyboy97o

What I find equally odd is that the CM's at Animal Kingdom have never given a name to their Yeti. It's just "Yeti". Harold is famous at Disneyland! The Yeti needs a name.
Is the name from Cast Members or the Imagineers? I was under the impression that "Harold" came from a boot screen that read something to the effect of "Harold isn't going to like this."

TP2000

If you pay attention to what our forum insiders say, you will learn that very exciting things are planned for the Resort, both in and out of the theme parks. Whether or not you choose to believe that is up to you.

Okay, but with all due respect, those types of vague statements seem to drift around message boards year after year. I've been hanging out on Disney theme park message boards since the late 1990's, and the whole "exciting changes are coming" line has been used off and and on for years, for parks on both coasts.

And it never amounts to much. :eek:

TP2000

Is the name from Cast Members or the Imagineers? I was under the impression that "Harold" came from a boot screen that read something to the effect of "Harold isn't going to like this."

The name is from Matterhorn Attraction CM's who christened him that shortly after he appeared in the Matterhorn makeover in 1978. The name stuck, and now WDI uses his name for stuff like computer breakdown warnings on the ride control computer programs.

The CM's at Everest don't appear to have given their Yeti any name at all. They apparently don't care, which compared to the passionate CM's at Disneyland seems very odd.

IWant2GoNow

I know some people on these boards have given him a name, but it was so long I don't remember anymore. I do remember that the word "broken" was somewhere in that name. :lol:

My vote is still for "Fubar". It's Asian sounding and explains the condition quite nicely.

The Matterhorn is great for nostalgic purposes, but I still dont see the reason why anyone would want to clone a 51 year old attraction. Build something fresh and original in the MK, dont set it back 5 decades.

WorldKey

You're avatar rocks. I found the kiosks captivating in the early 80s - touch screens were like magic.
Me too - I was facinated by the whole process of reservations with touch screen and talking directly with a person via 'video' conference. Ah, the early EPCOT days!

jt04

The Matterhorn is great for nostalgic purposes, but I still dont see the reason why anyone would want to clone a 51 year old attraction. Build something fresh and original in the MK, dont set it back 5 decades.

Could it be possible they are considering the mountain without the coaster but rather with something entirely different? It would look awesome towering in the distance over the FFE.

Timmay

No I'm saying they are completely different rides themed to completely different locations on the globe.

In Matterhorn its an Abominable Snowman, Everest is the Yeti. Everest has a completely different theme, and its more of a mine train coaster on steroids.

Clearly different. Matterhorn has a ton of differences. Single seating (which im sure if it came here it would be 2 across for capacity) use of water as brakes instead of having to trim the ride which trims kill coasters. And most of all its a open feel.

And you really think the average, once in a lifetime guest to WDW will see it that way? Seriously? To them, and to most people I bet, Matterhorn would be a cheap, uninteresting copy of Everest.

It is just, plain and simple, a silly idea to have this ride at WDW. Thank goodness there is nothing to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom