Matterhorn in the Magic Kingdom?

Mickey_777

I totally respect the Matterhorn for it's significance and as a DL icon. But in terms of an attraction...it's not fun at all. It's rather boring and can leave you bruised up with how rough and primitive the actual ride is. Again, it's so classic and deserves our respect but not much of an attraction.

Enchantâmes

I totally respect the Matterhorn for it's significance and as a DL icon. But in terms of an attraction...it's not fun at all. It's rather boring and can leave you bruised up with how rough and primitive the actual ride is. Again, it's so classic and deserves our respect but not much of an attraction.
See I couldn't stop riding it, its one of the funnest rides I've been on in my life and I've been around. :wave:

the-reason14

See I couldn't stop riding it, its one of the funnest rides I've been on in my life and I've been around. :wave:

Ya, Matterhorn was real fun. I would have done it more had they offered fastpass, but it is definately in my top 3 Disneyland rides/attractions. Pirates, Matterhorn, and Indy in no particular order.

Krack

Its a fun ride, but I dont see the reason to bring a 51 year old attraction to the MK. If thats not setting a park back 5 decades I dont know what is.

I've seen what progressing the park can do ...

2614120032_642063c9a6.jpg

sge.jpg

216704102_c985a504c2.jpg

I'll take "setting back the park decades", thank you.

Krack

Very good point, I gotta agree with you there. But still why would you want a dated attraction in the MK?

Because it's fun, it's better than what they were discussing putting in that spot (Pixie Hollow) and it's something almost everyone can enjoy. Plus, if they ever were to put a Matterhorn in MK (which isn't even on the drawing board), we all know they'd update and modernize it so that the least enjoyable aspects (the herky-jerky bumpiness, the queue, the single-file seats) would be severely improved upon.

_Scar

Very good point, I gotta agree with you there. But still why would you want a dated attraction in the MK?

How would it be a dated attraction if it is built brand new in the park? :shrug:

Are you insisting it's dated because the original was built in 59?

Grizzly Hall 71

The Mattehorn is an amazing attraction. It will bring more boys to Fantasyland. Also if it comes I'm sure they'll imporve it to fit with these new times. A smoother tracks, side by side seating. It wouldn't be an exact copy. They don't bring exact copies from Disneyland they change it around a little bit. Also it doesn't have to be about Harold chasing us in the mountain, it could be themed as a simple bobsled race.

This is would be a great addition to MK.

The Mattehorn is an amazing attraction. It will bring more boys to Fantasyland. Also if it comes I'm sure they'll imporve it to fit with these new times. A smoother tracks, side by side seating. It wouldn't be an exact copy. They don't bring exact copies from Disneyland they change it around a little bit. Also it doesn't have to be about Harold chasing us in the mountain, it could be themed as a simple bobsled race.

This is would be a great addition to MK.
Im all for it coming to WDW, but this will only happen if Glendale or Burbank forces it on TDO.

Lee

Adventurer
Im all for it coming to WDW, but this will only happen if Glendale or Burbank forces it on TDO.

Which they won't do, since there are absolutely ZERO plans to put Matterhorn in MK.
None.
Zilch.

Let's just let this baseless rumor fade away.
Nothing to see here...move along...

Grizzly Hall 71

Well we should do 1 of 2 things (or maybe both)

1. Sign a petition to Glendale and Burbank for bringing the Mattehorn here

And/or

2. Get a large group of people and go to TDO and try to reason with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom