Matterhorn in the Magic Kingdom?

PhilharMagician

Well we should do 1 of 2 things (or maybe both)

1. Sign a petition to Glendale and Burbank for bringing the Mattehorn here

And/or

2. Get a large group of people and go to TDO and try to reason with them.

Why would anyone want to bring a completely outdated ride to the MK. You would have to be completely insane to want that towering in the background of the castle. It would completely ruin MK. The only place to put a mountain would be behind JC and PotC and it certianly does not fit the theme there.

As Lee mentioned it will not be coming to FL anymore. It is dead and for good reason! If you want to petition for something then try for the expansion of AK,

jt04

Pointless question. It's like speculating if Cali Screamin' is coming to MK.

It ain't.

But now someone on another site will say you were talking about Screamin' coming to the MK. Of course they will fail to mention you said it isn't. And so it goes.

raven

Which they won't do, since there are absolutely ZERO plans to put Matterhorn in MK.
None.
Zilch.

Let's just let this baseless rumor fade away.
Nothing to see here...move along...

Anything placed in this section of the forums will have the same outcome. People will continue to make threads here based on questions, assumptions or overhearing a bus driver. As long as they are posted in this collum they will be considered "official rumors" and people will keep on believing it.

On another topic, yet somewhat related: People want new attractions yet they don't want ticket prices to go up. They complain about TDO but look at all of the conflicting reports they are getting.

How would YOU come up with the money for a new attractions, resorts, restaurants, shows and free transportation without passing the charge along to the guests? :rolleyes:

cookiee_munster

i dont understand why people cant really see the logic in them building this ride at disney world when they have a version much like it but times 100 in another one of their parks at the resort???

everest is basically a re-imagined version of the matternhorn and so, a version like cali's will never come to the world... it just ain't logical :shrug:

misterID

On another topic, yet somewhat related: People want new attractions yet they don't want ticket prices to go up. They complain about TDO but look at all of the conflicting reports they are getting.

How would YOU come up with the money for a new attractions, resorts, restaurants, shows and free transportation without passing the charge along to the guests? :rolleyes:

Disney will raise ticket prices without a new attraction. One has nothing to do with the other anymore.

jt04

Anything placed in this section of the forums will have the same outcome. People will continue to make threads here based on questions, assumptions or overhearing a bus driver. As long as they are posted in this collum they will be considered "official rumors" and people will keep on believing it.

I could come up with myriad ways they could save money. But also, building new attractions can and should make money by creating new ticket sales, merchandise sales etc. It seems too many people are losing their grip on how business works. Spending money wisely can make money. Bean counters are not taught this anymore. :brick:

On the other end of the spectrum, if I was Disney I'd forget about saving the Yeti. I'd either replace him with different/cheaper/smarter effects or just keep it in "strobe mode". The few die hard fanboys and internet tantrums are not worth the expense to fix it. Disney should learn the lesson that cutting edge technology requires full budgets. Do it right or don't do it. The Yeti is a money pit. Time to move on.

That is just one idea. I have many more.

raven

Disney will raise ticket prices without a new attraction. One has nothing to do with the other anymore.

Read my post again.

Your ticket price includes much more than prices for the attractions. Whether or not you use the transportation system, see the shows, take advantage of other amenities on the property, the price of your ticket often goes toward the operations and developement of these as well. If guests want something more and Disney plans to build it, you will pay for it. One does have to do with the other.

sponono88

Why would anyone want to bring a completely outdated ride to the MK. You would have to be completely insane to want that towering in the background of the castle. It would completely ruin MK. The only place to put a mountain would be behind JC and PotC and it certianly does not fit the theme there.

this reminds me.. It's said that when Walt pitched the idea of the Matterhorn, the imagineers told him it wouldn't work and it would ruin the sight lines around the park. They said a towering mountain would destroy the illusion of Main St. USA and Adventureland. Walt knew it would work and lucky for him, it did -- I can't imagine DL without it now.

MatterhornModel_Disney1-1.jpg

cheezbat

The Orlando parks are the most expensive theme parks in the world, and also the most attended. There's no reason to raise the prices even higher when they're alreay the highest to be found anywhere. But guess what? Almost every year now Disney raises prices. And then even worse, Universal and Sea World follow suit and do the same. In the long run, the only one truly winning out then, if no new attractions are being added, is the companies themselves.

lebeau

The Orlando parks are the most expensive theme parks in the world, and also the most attended. There's no reason to raise the prices even higher when they're alreay the highest to be found anywhere. But guess what? Almost every year now Disney raises prices. And then even worse, Universal and Sea World follow suit and do the same. In the long run, the only one truly winning out then, if no new attractions are being added, is the companies themselves.

It's simple supply and demand, people. If Disney can keep raising the price without investing another nickel and people keep coming and paying higher prices, they would be stupid NOT to raise them. They will continue to do so until they reach the point where it hurts their bottom line.

Like you said, WDW is the most attended tourist destination in the world. And the annual price hikes haven't changed that one bit. Why wouldn't they continue?

Maybe one day they'll reach a point where people decide it just isn't worth it any more. But until that happens, Disney is going to keep testing the breaking point.

erasure fan1

I dont agree. The way you do it is by smart spending, just like JT04 said

jt04 said:
building new attractions can and should make money by creating new ticket sales, merchandise sales etc. It seems too many people are losing their grip on how business works. Spending money wisely can make money. Bean counters are not taught this anymore. :brick:

If done right, a major attraction will pay for itself over time. All companies (well any good company) put money aside and budget for additions, renovations... This way you keep the current customer base happy and coming back and hopefully attracting new clientele.

Krack

Your ticket price includes much more than prices for the attractions. Whether or not you use the transportation system, see the shows, take advantage of other amenities on the property, the price of your ticket often goes toward the operations and developement of these as well. If guests want something more and Disney plans to build it, you will pay for it. One does have to do with the other.

Meh, I'd gladly take WDW Version 1994 (or even 1985, sans DHS) at 1994 prices over what we have today at today's prices. All I'd ask for is the high standard of upkeep and maintenance we had back then, too.

BrerFrog

this reminds me.. It's said that when Walt pitched the idea of the Matterhorn, the imagineers told him it wouldn't work and it would ruin the sight lines around the park. They said a towering mountain would destroy the illusion of Main St. USA and Adventureland. Walt knew it would work and lucky for him, it did -- I can't imagine DL without it now.

That is interesting. I would have assumed the same, but I guess Walt was right - even if I have never been to DL to check it out for myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom