Matterhorn in the Magic Kingdom?

ryanduggers

move the dumbos to where PH was supposed to be. (the circus comes to toontown)

keep the houses and boat. do not retheme banstomer.
get rid of the tents and add a silly symphony dark ride.
whatever space is left make a new toontown.
if there is space left, make PH M&G like at DL

that was easy.

Lee

Adventurer
So you're saying we still have a shot at Night Kingdom, Radiator Springs, Monsters, Inc. rollercoaster, and Beastly Kingdomme?!?!?!?!
Well....maybe not that last one...

Would the Tomorrowland Tron ride be the next attraction outside of Fantasyland to be constructed?
No.
I've been hearing, and recently had it confirmed by leemac on LP, that the only Tron concept currently moving forward is for Disneyland only.

SeaCastle

No.
I've been hearing, and recently had it confirmed by leemac on LP, that the only Tron concept currently moving forward is for Disneyland only.

Thanks for the info. Can you comment on what would be the next land to receive an attraction, and what it may be?

tjkraz

I don't see how anyone would even begin to think the Matterhorn would be cloned in Orlando.

There's no need for it! As has been stated by so many here EE is essentional the next gen of Matterhorn and with plethora of needed refurbs...rethemes...repurposing needed...my bring over a retread?

Amen!

Fellow east-coasters: Disneyland really isn't THAT far away! If WDW is gonna put $100 million into a new "E" ticket, how about we root for something new and different rather than yet another clone. :hurl:

lebeau

Amen!

Fellow east-coasters: Disneyland really isn't THAT far away! If WDW is gonna put $100 million into a new "E" ticket, how about we root for something new and different rather than yet another clone. :hurl:

Depends. I'd take an Indy clone. Matterhorn, not so much.

The Empress Lilly

move the dumbos to where PH was supposed to be. (the circus comes to toontown)

keep the houses and boat. do not retheme banstomer.
get rid of the tents and add a silly symphony dark ride.
whatever space is left make a new toontown.
if there is space left, make PH M&G like at DL

that was easy.
Sounds good to me!
I love a toontown. Wish they would keep it or renew it. But not the DL one, everything there looks too crooked, too zany, too Roger Rabbit. (You can ask your grandparents who Rogger Rabbit was).

I wish there would be a Duckburg inspired toontown in the MK, a home for the Big Five.

(But what I really wish for is for Disney to build a separate kiddie park, so that the MK can be returned to big kids of all ages again)

FutureWorld1982

And no...for anyone still wondering....Matterhorn is NOT coming to the MK. That concept died years ago.

A BIT OF OFF-TOPIC: Is there any chance for it to go to Epcot (with the Switzerland pavilion)?
I would love to see a Switzerland Pavilion for Epcot.....
END OFF-TOPIC

wizards8507

A BIT OF OFF-TOPIC: Is there any chance for it to go to Epcot (with the Switzerland pavilion)?
I would love to see a Switzerland Pavilion for Epcot.....
END OFF-TOPIC

Regardless of WHERE it were to appear in WDW, it would still be an out-of-date version of E:E.

lebeau

Matterhorn is not supposed to be a "version of E:E". The only thing they have in common is the Yeti and being mostly inside a mountain.

That's kind of "a lot" all things considered.

I'd rather have something new rather than the spiritual grandfather of an attraction already on property.

wizards8507

Matterhorn is not supposed to be a "version of E:E". The only thing they have in common is the Yeti and being mostly inside a mountain.

You make it sound like that is perfectly ordinary. The ONLY thing in common is a yeti and a mountain? How many yeti-mountain themed attractions can you think of in the WORLD?

lebeau

You make it sound like that is common. The ONLY thing in common is a yeti and a mountain? How many yeti-mountain themed attractions can you think of in the WORLD?

Other than being a boat ride with pirates, it's nothing like Pirates of the Caribbean...

Tigerace81

You make it sound like that is perfectly ordinary. The ONLY thing in common is a yeti and a mountain? How many yeti-mountain themed attractions can you think of in the WORLD?

No I'm saying they are completely different rides themed to completely different locations on the globe.

In Matterhorn its an Abominable Snowman, Everest is the Yeti. Everest has a completely different theme, and its more of a mine train coaster on steroids.

3167024.jpg

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/images/tracks/trk_ak_everest.jpg

Matterhorn: http://rcdb.com/200.htm
Everest: http://rcdb.com/2389.htm

Clearly different. Matterhorn has a ton of differences. Single seating (which im sure if it came here it would be 2 across for capacity) use of water as brakes instead of having to trim the ride which trims kill coasters. And most of all its a open feel.

mpaul32001

Regardless of WHERE it were to appear in WDW, it would still be an out-of-date version of E:E.

You'd be surprised the potential Walt Disney Imagineering has. If this were to even be considered, I'm sure they would make sure Everest and Matterhorn have a noticeable distinction from each other, and the technology would be updated. And even if they didn't, I think the fact that they're in two different parks, with two completely different settings would help as well. There's a big difference between Asia and the Swiss Alps.

wizards8507

You'd be surprised the potential Walt Disney Imagineering has. If this were to even be considered, I'm sure they would make sure Everest and Matterhorn have a noticeable distinction from each other, and the technology would be updated. And even if they didn't, I think the fact that they're in two different parks, with two completely different settings would help as well. There's a big difference between Asia and the Swiss Alps.

*Puts head through wall.*

There's a big difference between New Orleans and San Juan, so let's bring Disneyland's PoTC to DHS and call it different.

Norway is different from the United Kingdom so let's clone Maelstrom, switch out the trolls for goblins, and stick it in the UK pavilion.

Hell, Cinderella is way different than Sleeping Beauty so why not have two castles in the Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom