Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

blm07

I don't like coffee. I do like ice cream. If Fountain View smells like coffee or doesn't offer ice cream anymore, I won't step foot in that store until the coffee factor is gone. They'll probably also change the new age music, which I find relaxing and a cool little piece of 90s Epcot. They'll probably change it to John Mayer or something popular like that.

ParentsOf4

Gotta agree - an opinion based on complete conjecture, and in this case, total fabrications, is an invalid opinion. All the people freaking out about CMs, cinnamon rolls and Starbucks signs are willfully ignoring the facts of the situation. The opinion they've drawn - that of apocalypse - is invalid. In all reality, Disney Cast Members will be serving Disney cinnamon rolls in a refurbished bakery alongside Starbucks coffee products.

Meanwhile, at Splash Mountain, a chunk of mountain fell into the flume.
The primary falsehood built into your premise is that someone not liking the Main Street Bakery being replaced with a Starbucks is an ill-formed opinion. I don’t need “facts” to like or dislike Starbucks or its coffee. (Except perhaps to have tasted it at least once but even that is not needed to have an opinion of Starbucks as a corporation.) The only fact is that Starbucks is moving in.

I fully understand why some view this as an improvement while others do not. Most who seem to be in favor of the change like the taste of Starbucks coffee (an opinion) and dislike Nescafé (another opinion). Those that seem to oppose it either have an emotional attachment to the Main Street Bakery (opinion) or dislike Starbucks (opinion).

Beyond those opinions, others (I am one of them) are speculating what will happen both in the near and long term to Main Street USA now that the precedent has been set. In my opinion, having a sponsor of the Main Street Bakery is very different than having a third party store on Main Street USA.

Others are speculating (on both sides of the argument) exactly how much the Main Street Bakery will change. We will have the chance to see it after it opens. Even then, whether we like or dislike the change will still be a matter of opinion.

The secondary falsehood is that people cannot both dislike Starbucks moving into Main Street USA while simultaneously also disliking the current state of Splash Mountain. People can be unhappy about both.

Disneygram

I happen to love the taste of Starbucks. Assuming you think it has a burnt taste, you have tried all their blends, no? If you look at the article which features the one in DCA, you'd be able to relax a bit. There are far worse things to worry about than half a Starbucks being put on MSUSA.

Does no one remember McDonald's?
I'm sure there are alot of people that do like Starbucks, or else they would not be in business. LOL,and I have tried some of their brands as the hospital I work in, their cafeteria serves Starbucks, and I'm still not a big fan of it although they are better then Seattle's Best which is what they use to serve.and you are right there are far worse things to worry about, but WHY change ????????????????Mc Donalds?? that must have been before my time to WDW

MaryJaneP

I doubt the change will be as drastic as some fear. Anyone remember the Fuji film tie-in, how about Kodak, or Welch's juice. It is possible this is the beginning of a slippery slope, and when CP is a Red Lobster, I will likewise wring my hands for what once was. Until that happens, I recall someone saying that the MK is never finished and constantly changing. City Hall may be the best place to voice the dismay many apparently feel. I am glad this forum exists to collect everyone's point of view.

Disneygram

These kind of partnerships SHOULD be welcomed by the Disney Faithful. Anything that allows Disney to focus on what matters and not have to worry about mundane things like brewing coffee is a step in the right direction.

And anyone that thinks Starbucks is downgrade from the standard Disney swill should seek out professional medical advice.
I don't think we think it as a downgrade, just not wanting to see the bakery change as we see it now, somethings should be left as it is in a world that is constantly changing.:)

wayneway

Gotta agree - an opinion based on complete conjecture, and in this case, total fabrications, is an invalid opinion. All the people freaking out about CMs, cinnamon rolls and Starbucks signs are willfully ignoring the facts of the situation. The opinion they've drawn - that of apocalypse - is invalid. In all reality, Disney Cast Members will be serving Disney cinnamon rolls in a refurbished bakery alongside Starbucks coffee products.

Meanwhile, at Splash Mountain, a chunk of mountain fell into the flume.

It's difficult to base an opinion when they were pretty vague about the reopening. They could've said we are adding Starbucks but they said it would be opening back up as a Starbucks, I wish they would've given a few more details.

Disneykidder

What also stinks is that to me this came as a shock because it is so close that they are changing it. January is a month and a half away. I didn't even get to say goodbye to the bakery.:(

FutureCEO

Starbucks makes great coffee....much better than Dunkin Donuts but all I care is about my PB cupcake (haha....like I created it) but change is not bad if Disney did what they did with Mickey D's...that is keeping a low profile. I can't imagine what this would cause if Disney had chosen The Plaza. And it seems Disney doesn't care about Epcot so no ones talks about it.

the point is...everybody will still spend money at disney

emcclay

If memory serves, there was a fry cart/stand between adventure land and frontier land. I don't recall seeing the golden arches on MSUSA.

There were golden arches on the signs where McDonald's products were being served. Kodak is all over the place, maps, signs, "Picture Spots". Look at Spaceship Earth after Illuminations -- SIEMENS. Where are the threads where people are complaining about branding? It's just coffee, folks. Remember, we are a small percentage of people that even know what is going on in the parks.

I'm sure there are alot of people that do like Starbucks, or else they would not be in business. LOL,and I have tried some of their brands as the hospital I work in, their cafeteria serves Starbucks, and I'm still not a big fan of it although they are better then Seattle's Best which is what they use to serve.and you are right there are far worse things to worry about, but WHY change ????????????????Mc Donalds?? that must have been before my time to WDW

Change is inevitable.

ParentsOf4

It's difficult to base an opinion when they were pretty vague about the reopening. They could've said we are adding Starbucks but they said it would be opening back up as a Starbucks, I wish they would've given a few more details.
Yes, at this point we are short on facts. What we have is mostly speculation based on a vague announcement along with extrapolation based on what has happened so far at DLR. The only "fact" I'm 100% sure of is that after Starbucks opens, some people will like it and others won't.;)

WDW1974

OK, let's see another four pages on this bull(crap). ... This IS the problem with WDW fans. Pure and simple. And great fodder for my Mental Health and the Disney Fan Community: How Pixie Dust Destroys the Brain tome (maybe coming sooner than I expected!)

There is a new thread here asking about a piece of Splash Mountain falling into the flume last week. It actually was a bit longer ago and I mentioned it elsewhere ... a piece of mountain actually hit a few ride vehicles WITH people in them. From what I've been told, no one was seriously injured and since there's little in the real media about it, one could concur that Disney paid the folks as little as possible for having a chunk of the Briar Patch fall on their logs and moved on.
THAT IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!

GET OFF THE COFFEE DEAL WHEN PROBABLY HALF OF YOU ARE AFRAID TO EVEN DRINK THE STUFF!!!

It's utter insanity (if you make it a latte it's udder insanity too!) This is why we can't have nice things. 25 pages in and people still think they're losing the bakery or their big buns (no one can say WDW fans ever pass on desserts with 3,000 calories in them!)

Attractions are literally falling apart while guests are riding ... WDW is crumbling all over the place and you're all upset because of some childlike view of how the Starbucks brand isn't compatible with the Disney BRAND. Guess what? You're wrong. ... and just like I don't like the Marvel BRAND becoming part of Disney, I'm a grownup and can look at the positives and deal.

It's like we need a forum intervention here.

Now back to the beautiful weekend in paradise.

TalkingHead

You know, I almost always agree with you ... but not here. The battle for MSUSA was lost in the mid to late 90s when all the unique shops started disappearing and just continued with one bad decision after another. This isn't a bad decision. This will actually improve MSUSA.

I see where you're coming from. MK's Main Street is a lost cause, agreed. It's just a place to walk through before you go dodge falling rocks on Splash Mountain.

But I'm also not a fan of Starbucks. I can only wonder if the MK will supply 28-year-old blogging hipsters who still live at home and who listen to Coltrane because it's "deep" to give the authentic Starbucks atmosphere.

(Wait...self-important bloggers...moochers...maybe Starbucks is a perfect headquarters for Social Mediates at the MK ;) )

Californian Elitist

OK, let's see another four pages on this bull(crap). ... This IS the problem with WDW fans. Pure and simple. And great fodder for my Mental Health and the Disney Fan Community: How Pixie Dust Destroys the Brain tome (maybe coming sooner than I expected!)

There is a new thread here asking about a piece of Splash Mountain falling into the flume last week. It actually was a bit longer ago and I mentioned it elsewhere ... a piece of mountain actually hit a few ride vehicles WITH people in them. From what I've been told, no one was seriously injured and since there's little in the real media about it, one could concur that Disney paid the folks as little as possible for having a chunk of the Briar Patch fall on their logs and moved on.

THAT IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!

GET OFF THE COFFEE DEAL WHEN PROBABLY HALF OF YOU ARE AFRAID TO EVEN DRINK THE STUFF!!!

It's utter insanity (if you make it a latte it's udder insanity too!) This is why we can't have nice things. 25 pages in and people still think they're losing the bakery or their big buns (no one can say WDW fans ever pass on desserts with 3,000 calories in them!)

Attractions are literally falling apart while guests are riding ... WDW is crumbling all over the place and you're all upset because of some childlike view of how the Starbucks brand isn't compatible with the Disney BRAND. Guess what? You're wrong. ... and just like I don't like the Marvel BRAND becoming part of Disney, I'm a grownup and can look at the positives and deal.

It's like we need a forum intervention here.

Now back to the beautiful weekend in paradise.

Oh my gosh, yes, yes, YES. This thread, and the absurd posters that continue to complain about some stupid coffee, is the main reason why I don't post anymore (except the Disneyland forum). The stupidity and ignorance is ridiculous, and it drives one (me) insane. I had to stop posting because I was seriously about to pop off on some people and use language my own mother hasn't witnessed me use. This post shouldn't be taken as a comeback post. Just replying to my wise friend, Spirit.

I find it hilarious, yet very annoying at the same time, that people keep talking about the bakery as if it is on its way out, when people HAVE REPEATEDLY POSTED PHOTOS OF DCA'S STARBUCKS AND HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. And the complainers. Out of all things to complain about, you complain about Starbucks having a small presence in the parks? And some of you are writing letters?! LMAO!!!!!! It's hysterical!!! Splash is in crap shape and you're writing letters regarding coffee. Write a letter regarding Splash! Oh man. You guys are making this Disneyland vet cry. Too funny.

Seriously though, get over it. There are three more coming, and wherever they decide to put them, that's where they're going. Now I'll be going back to my Disneyland forum happy place, where no one posts and it's peaceful and sane. You guys have fun continuing to post stupid comments in this train wreck of a thread. Enjoy yourselves.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The stupidity and ignorance is ridiculous, and it drives one (me) insane. I had to stop posting because I was seriously about to pop off on some people and use language my own mother hasn't witnessed me use.

While I agree there has been a lot of over the top reaction to this, there is no reason to resort to name calling. Seems like an over reaction to some people's over reaction. Can't we all just get along;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom