Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Tinkerbell 8

I love Starbucks and I am excited that I will finally be able to get a good cup of coffee in Disney. I was pretty upset when I read the news that it would be taking over the Main Street Bakery, however, after looking at the pictures from DL and seeing how well Disney and Starbucks blended I'm okay with it, for now. I just hope that WDW does the same thing that DL did with incorporating Starbucks into the Bakery, and not having an overpowering Starbucks presence. I hope they keep the same theme since it is on MS USA and should have that old style Bakery feel. I don't want them to replace the tables with Starbucks tables or anything, or have a huge Starbucks sign hanging outside. And as long as I can get a sticky bun somewhere in MK it should be fine.

SirLink

Yeah, I've been going to WDW since the 1970s and they've always had sponsors and brand placement. Even in the 1970s, it always took away a bit from the "magic" when some third party's wares were being peddled. It's the reason I didn't have a strong reaction when the Emporium was taken over. No matter what you think of the merchandise, at least they were selling generic Disney stuff.

Sponsors give us things like TDR. Personally I would favour no merch at all if the only alternative was generic
Disney merch.

Figment2005

Yes, because until the Starbucks is open their opinions are based on as much fact as mine. But their opinion is not what I am bashing, I'm bashing the way they state their opinion. Kicking and screaming about something they can't change will get them nowhere.

ParentsOf4

Sponsors give us things like TDR. Personally I would favour no merch at all if the only alternative was generic Disney merch.
No, sponsors give TWDC additional sources of revenue and profit. Unfortunately, less and less of that profit is being used to fund WDW refurbishments and enhancements while more and more is being used elsewhere.

Do you really think the net proceeds from Starbucks are going to be used to fund a new attraction? That money is going to be used to fix any one of a dozen rides? That money is going to be used to hold down the price of admission?

ParentsOf4

I would advise you to watch this. Not everyones opinion is equal.
Don't confuse opinion with fact or knowledge. Right or wrong, everyone's opinion is equal in a democracy. People arrive at their opinions using different means, some arguably better than others.

The Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks is a fact; whether or not that's an improvement is an opinion.

SirLink

No, sponsors give TWDC additional sources of revenue and profit. Unfortunately, less and less of that profit is being used to fund WDW refurbishments and enhancements while more and more is being used elsewhere.

Do you really think the net proceeds from Starbucks are going to be used to fund a new attraction? That money is going to be used to fix any one of a dozen rides? That money is going to be used to hold down the price of admission?

Yes it really does, compare sponsorship in WDW to say 20 years ago - when one could argue that WDW was at its peak. We have less sponspors and more maintenance issues. Mmmmmm might there be a link... Add to the fact that without GM paying the lion share(or maybe 99%) of the Test Track upgrade - you think Disney would pay for it? Nope

OLC got the sponsorship business model directly from TWDC - the only reason why people crave that resort is because it always feel like it has just opened up - because of sponsorship, enabling OLC to keep it freshened up with paint.

No the net gain from Starbucks is one location in each park that doesn't sell Nescrape and the 4 locations in WDW will be refreshed otherwise Starbucks will simply flip the coffee table up and refuse to pay Disney more money until the locations are refurbed etc. Thats the benefit. Its the reason OLC has the best Pooh attraction after all.

SirLink

Don't confuse opinion with fact or knowledge. Right or wrong, everyone's opinion is equal in a democracy. People arrive at their opinions using different means, some arguably better than others.

The Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks is a fact; whether or not that's an improvement is an opinion.

I take it you didn't watch the video

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Beholder

I don't think anyone is being "whiny" or being unreasonble in their concerns, just expressing an opinion. People make or have formed strong attachments to certain attractions, vendors or even simple scenic areas, and any change that "threatens" what they love about those things, will justifiably upset them. An opinion, by it's nature, is a personal thing. I don't have a particular attachment to to MS Bakery, but I have an opinion on the intended change. I also repect other opinions and the why's and why nots of those opinions, and believe it or not, I actually enjoy all the different views expressed here. But that's all just my opinion.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Opinions are like arses, everyone has one, but its not nice to have some one else's shoved in your face and some stink.

bubbles1812

Not all opinions are created equal... if you use false facts or illogical reasoning (something very prevalent on here at times) to make your opinion, I'd certainly say that's less superior to someone who does. Your statement is silly. Sorry.

Also, all this has me craving a Starbucks... ;)

SirLink

Yes I did and he is confusing fact with opinion.

No he isn't hes stating that opinion based on lies is... I don't want a headache...

Not all opinions are created equal... if you use false facts or illogical reasoning (something very prevalent on here at times) to make your opinion, I'd certainly say that's less superior to someone who does. Your statement is silly. Sorry.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

Beholder

I tend to agree with what you're saying, but I think when people use questionable data to form or reinforce an opinion, it's less opinion and more like an agenda or ideology. It's sometimes hard to tell what someone really means when opinion, fact, and motive become part of someone's "argument". And throw in emotion (which is the basis of many opinions) and it's just becomes a shouting match. I'm generalizing, but it's proven itself out quite a few times in my experience.

emcclay

Do you really think Starbucks coffee is that great? It is strong and has a burnt taste to me...Just sayin!I mean can't they just leave the Bakery there,with the name and just feature the coffee???????????

I happen to love the taste of Starbucks. Assuming you think it has a burnt taste, you have tried all their blends, no? If you look at the article which features the one in DCA, you'd be able to relax a bit. There are far worse things to worry about than half a Starbucks being put on MSUSA.

Does no one remember McDonald's?

GiveMeTheMusic

Gotta agree - an opinion based on complete conjecture, and in this case, total fabrications, is an invalid opinion. All the people freaking out about CMs, cinnamon rolls and Starbucks signs are willfully ignoring the facts of the situation. The opinion they've drawn - that of apocalypse - is invalid. In all reality, Disney Cast Members will be serving Disney cinnamon rolls in a refurbished bakery alongside Starbucks coffee products.

Meanwhile, at Splash Mountain, a chunk of mountain fell into the flume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom