Latest Info on Midway Mania!

WDWFREAK53

AndyMagic said:
Sounds VERY interesting and I'm officially excited. However, I have a question and perhaps Lee or someone can answer it. What is the proposed story for the attraction as a whole? I know we are shooting at things in a Toy Story environment but WHY are we shooting at things? The story itself seems like it is going to be fairly contrived. I too think the technology lends itself perfectly for an Incredibles attraction. Just thinking of the possibilities makes me foam at the mouth.

By the name "Midway Mania" I think that they're probably going to set it up like you're in the "Next Generation Toy" and the theming is of a video game based on the Midways of traveling fairs.

CaptainMichael

Pete C said:
People are wondering how this ties into the Studios...here's a question: how does Aerosmith and Twilight Zone tie in? Twilight Zone is a TV show that was produced on CBS. What does that have to do with MGM? And Aerosmith is just a rock band! At least Midway Mania features Pixar characters, which are in Disney movies. That makes way more sense than ToT and RnR..
I never understood why people always think that just because something is a movie, it belongs in the Disney-MGM Studios. "Harry Potter is a movie it belongs in MGM", "Monster's Inc. is a movie, it should be in MGM, not the Magic Kingdom", etc...I've had enough of that "logic" because it makes absolutely no sense.

The Hollywood Tower Hotel and G-Force Records on a recreation of Sunset Blvd. fit in perfectly at the Disney-MGM Studios. It's the Hollywood that never was, and is not restricted to just movies, but entertainment in general. If Midway Mania is like Steve says, then it will work.

Pete C said:
As for the attraction...it sounds awesome, but I agree the Incredibles should be the star of this attraction. Toy Story is old news.
Yes, but this just means that they have something even better lined up for the Incredibles.:)

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Yes, but this just means that they have something even better lined up for the Incredibles.:)

Yes. That's true. They have something incredible lined up for the Incredibles. All new ride system and all new technology that has never been done in a ride before.

Lee

Adventurer
Yen_Sid1 said:
Yes. That's true. They have something incredible lined up for the Incredibles. All new ride system and all new technology that has never been done in a ride before.

Correct...and if I hear correctly...not at the studios.

SirGoofy

:D I love this site, especially for things like the past 4 or 5 replies.

So, just a question, but will this Incredibles ride be put on the 20K ground?

Lee

Adventurer
wdwmagic said:
I'm being told MK, how about you?
Yeah...Tomorrowland. Probably on the stretch between Buzz and Space Mountain.

I can already hear the "Save CoP!" screams!:lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Lee said:

Snap! we either have the same source, or our info is matching up nicely. :)

Captain Chaos

Lee said:

Funny you are saying that... I remember a former member here, GB are the initials.. who first said that the Incredibles would come to this exact area you describe.. and you agreed with him/her while others attacked.. Maybe GB knew what he/she was talking about... LOL

wannab@dis

Lee said:

If CoP has to go, I'll be sad (for a minute). Love to see it remain in one of the parks, but it had a long and successful run.

However, that area is ripe for enhancements!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
If this is the case, then are we close to hearing an announcement regarding this Incredibles ride??

This concept has been going around now for at least a year. While I think its very much on the cards, Disney have enough new things on the way that are announced already to buy them more time on the Incredibles project.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
Funny you are saying that... I remember a former member here, GB are the initials.. who first said that the Incredibles would come to this exact area you describe.. and you agreed with him/her while others attacked.. Maybe GB knew what he/she was talking about... LOL
By his own admission GB had no official sources. He merely read many Disney forums like this one and drew his conclusions from that. I had read about the incredibles attraction on another board but I don't put much credit into things until they get confirmed here. I think the rumor originated on Screamsacpe and the ride would be something along the lines of a robocoaster. I don't know if the ride system is correct but at least it looks like the location was.

Lee

Adventurer
Master Yoda said:
I think the rumor originated on Screamsacpe and the ride would be something along the lines of a robocoaster. I don't know if the ride system is correct but at least it looks like the location was.
Robocoaster is just the starting point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom