Latest Info on Midway Mania!

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
I heard that “Midway Mania” is officially a go for the Studios. (and also DCA)
It will be replacing Millionaire and the soundstages.
It will be a dark ride, a cross between Buzz and sort of like Spider-Man
It will be a 3-D virtual reality environment.
There will be 10 – 12 different scenes.
It will be themed after Toy Story Characters
It will be a shooting game where everyone will score points.
Each character will introduce the object of their game.
Like the Green Army Man Commander would say “Alright Men, the object is to shoot as many moving tanks as you can” (just a example) and you will shoot in 3-D.
Then Woody would introduce another game but it would be in a Western setting or ghost town, etc. ( I don’t know all the specifics)
But the vehicles won’t rotate like in Buzz.
They will be 8 person vehicles, 4 on each side
They will be back to back facing outboard and be playing the same game
They said it is going to take tremendous amount of computing power and basically software based hardly any physical sets.

napnet

Hrm interesting... so users are loaded back to back? that should be interesting load pattern... when (if) does construction start?

wannab@dis

Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing more information.

A virtual 3D set of this size with a lot of riders will be a massive undertaking. The viewing of the sets is one thing, but interaction with all the riders will be cutting edge.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yen_Sid1 said:
Like the Green Army Man Commander would say “Alright Men, the object is to shoot as many moving tanks as you can” (just a example) and you will shoot in 3-D.
Then Woody would introduce another game but it would be in a Western setting or ghost town, etc. ( I don’t know all the specifics)
They said it is going to take tremendous amount of computing power and basically software based hardly any physical sets.

I've been told the same info just recently (apart from the green light), looking good :)

Shaman

Yen_Sid1 said:

Great stuff...they better get to it...before the competition gets word and starts building their own virtual-reality-shooter-dark ride...I love this rumor! And the studios needs something like it (although I question the location)!

Thanks for sharing! :wave:

Skippy

Thanks for the info!
I'm interested to see this work in 3D. I wonder how long the ride or at least each section is going to last.

1stStarIC2nite

Sounds alright.. but will the MGM version have a different name? I hope so... I don't see how the name Midway Mania will fit into Mickey Avenue...

Lee

Adventurer
Yep...it's all true.
I'd heard about, and posted about, most of it.
Only new info to me was the part about characters introducing their area...nice.
:cool:
I still think I would have preferred another location, though......

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Strange location though, it's almost hidden back there on that Avenue...oh well, it'll still be really sweet and maybe the location will keep the lines down!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
PianoManKD said:
Strange location though, it's almost hidden back there on that Avenue...oh well, it'll still be really sweet and maybe the location will keep the lines down!

The location is good for the park in my opinion. It would certainly help balance things out a little more. Move some of the crouds from Sunset to another area of the park.

I think Soarin has shown, that even if you hide an attraction inside another, it will soon be found once the word gets out!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
STR8FAN2005 said:
Interesting...I'm curious to see how they justify this to be in the Studios...

Shouldnt be a problem. The environments are all those found in the Toy Story movies. Very much like the Great Movie Ride, its a journey thorugh a movie, and in this case, a CGI 3D set. That fits in the Studios perfectly.

CaptainMichael

wdwmagic said:
Shouldnt be a problem. The environments are all those found in the Toy Story movies. Very much like the Great Movie Ride, its a journey thorugh a movie, and in this case, a CGI 3D set. That fits in the Studios perfectly.
Okay, I didn't realize that. Thanks Steve.

Captain Chaos

wdwmagic said:
The location is good for the park in my opinion. It would certainly help balance things out a little more. Move some of the crouds from Sunset to another area of the park.

I think Soarin has shown, that even if you hide an attraction inside another, it will soon be found once the word gets out!

I totally agree.... Sunset Blvd is always packed... This part of the park, for the most part, is dead.... This new attraction, hopefully, leads to a revitalization of that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom