Latest Info on Midway Mania!

MiklCraw4d

Lee said:
Yeah...Tomorrowland. Probably on the stretch between Buzz and Space Mountain.

I can already hear the "Save CoP!" screams!:lol:

The sound you probably heard was my heart fibrillating dangerously

*Would* it wipe out CoP? That's a freaking huge footprint if it goes between Buzz and SM. Why not nuke the Skyway station and put it between CoP and SM? Even if they have to leak it out over the berm it could be done.

Verrrrry interesting.... is there a timetable for this?

And most importantly (to me), is this going to be some bonejarring thing or something everyone can ride?

Austin1

This sound like great technology. But to be honest, I'm sick of PIXAR attraction. Pretty soon they are gonna have to name the whole place "Walt Pixar World" Good greif! Can't tomorrowland stay tomorrowland? I liked it much better back in the day when the attractions weren't based on kiddie movies. Not to say that I don't like the pixar movies. They are great, but I would much rather see some original ideas. O, and why the heck do we need another toy story ride @ MGM? I think they should make that one the Incredibles.

nibblesandbits

For those of you who are sick of Pixar attractions...Pixar is the only thing that has been successful for the Disney company as of recent. I can't name one Disney cartoon film that was successful (besides Stitch...which trust me, they have used) that could be turned into an attraction. I hate to say it, but Disney just has not been successful with coming up with good cartoon movies. Plain and simple.

And another thing we all have to remember...Disney OWNS Pixar now. So truthfully, they are all Disney movies...they just have one other name attached to it. So all these new characters are Disney characters...not just Pixar characters. And while it might be nice to see them focus in on other characters...Pixar characters are what's popular...why not cash in on them?

Lee

Adventurer
MiklCraw4d said:
*Would* it wipe out CoP? That's a freaking huge footprint if it goes between Buzz and SM. Why not nuke the Skyway station and put it between CoP and SM? Even if they have to leak it out over the berm it could be done.
Not sure. The footprint will be very big for this attraction, possbly Indiana Jones Adventure big. I don't think it would fit on either side of CoP.....

MiklCraw4d said:
Verrrrry interesting.... is there a timetable for this?
2009-ish.....I think.

MiklCraw4d said:
And most importantly (to me), is this going to be some bonejarring thing or something everyone can ride?
Not bone-jarring...but not Small World either.

Pete C

This Incredibles attraction is what I would most like to see at WDW. I think they need to set their sights on Spiderman as the attraction to beat, obviously. Something that is incredibly exciting, yet accessible to everyone. Robocoaster kind of scares me since it is so low capacity, and there is a lot of potential for breakdowns with such a complex system. I'd think they'd get that ironed out, but then again I look at Test Track and wonder why that ride always has problems. I assume this robocoaster would be combined with 3D film? I am thinking traditional dark ride scenes would not cut it for an attraction like this.

socalkdg

Yen_Sid1 said:
Actually, the robocoaster is near the middle of the ride, when you are on the jungle island, but the problem they are having is with ride capacity. 2 people at a time won't work. WDI is trying to up the capacity to 6 or 8 people at a time.
I'll assume this is the same ride system for the proposed ride at DCA(in the Wharf are) where you are on a cable car that travels along a route and then attacked in the first third of the ride by a giant robot. Incredibles help you escape, you move on again, see a couple show scenes, etc, but just when you think you have escaped you are attacked a second time before the Incredibles put the final stop to the robot. I had heard they had already solved the capacity problems by having your vehicle picked up by a giant robotic arm. As you move to another show room the next vehicle would then be picked up, etc.

socalkdg

Why not move COP back to Disneyland. Innoventions is only mildly amusing and removing it wouldn't be any great loss. Nice to see COP back home.

coasterphil

I don't get the fascination with the robocoaster technology. I don't how many of you have actually been on a robocoaster, but they really aren't much fun at all. Hopefully Disney can do something with it that makes it interesting, not just being thrown around like a ragdoll.

I'm not sold on MM either. I think I'll need a better explanation of the technology before a can really pass judgment on it.

MiklCraw4d

Lee said:
Not sure. The footprint will be very big for this attraction, possbly Indiana Jones Adventure big. I don't think it would fit on either side of CoP.....
Good lord, that's-a big attraction.

Lee said:
Not bone-jarring...but not Small World either.
Between Mission Space and Small World lies..... THE INCREDIBLES! :)

M:SpilotISTC12

I read every single response in this thread and i have a few things to say:
1.MGM is still a fully functional movie stuido...someone said that its not anymore.(correct me if i misread)
2. Toy Story is every were at MGM, so why not put the Incredibles in.
3. Monsters Inc has a place in Mk and MGM.(my opinon)
4. A robocoaster would be nice for the Incredibles but better for Monsters Inc. with the huge door room from the movie.

ballewclan

Ok here a few random statements from me...

1. I'm really excited about MM's ride technology. I mean looking at something and seeing an x-ray in 3-d?! Then shooting it and having it appear normal!?

2. The incredibles sounds great too, I'm excited how innovative this attraction will most certainly be.

3. In regards to Tomorrowland...does anyone else think that maybe the pixar-fication of TL is purposeful considering that 4 highly possible pixar rides may be in by the next few years? (Cars, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Toy Story) That only leaves SM and astro orbitors that would be left. As someone has mentioned, Meet the Robinsons (not pixar though) is SO futuristic, I wouldnt be surprised if they somehow fit that into TL.

4. Lee is pretty darn cool. :wave:

Pongo

ballewclan said:
3. In regards to Tomorrowland...does anyone else think that maybe the pixar-fication of TL is purposeful considering that 5 possible pixar rides may be in by the next few years? (Cars, Lilo and Stitch, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Toy Story) That only leaves SM and astro orbitors that would be left. As someone has mentioned, Meet the Robinsons is SO futuristic, I wouldnt be surprised if they somehow fit that into TL.

Neither Lilo and Stitch or Meet the Robinsons are Pixar. Both are WDFA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom