Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielLover

I agree. They overdid the enforcement on this one.

Instead, they should have written a letter and put it under everyone's door overnight... "due to infraction of.... etc., etc. your contract is hereby terminated and you must leave Disney property. We regret this is necessary due to...."

Not, 1 a.m., get everyone out of bed and make them leave immediately.

Did you happen to read that the incident took place at 1AM?

ArielLover

Disney definitely had the right to kick all of them out, but I'm also on the side that feels it is too harsh. And while it may be convenient for Disney to get all of the kids who were fighting out of Disney to just force the entire group to leave in the middle of the night, there are tons of things that our law enforcement can do that are "convenient" to find criminals but those are illegal for a reason.

I think everyone is too busy thinking about the Pop Warner brats that they have encountered as opposed to the entire group. And as stated before, not many kids have the luxury to pick and choose between football teams. And if you really want to play football, you're going to play football no matter where and how you have to. Plus, what kid would pass up the chance to go to Disney World? And how much control do you have over your team-mates anyhow?

I think it was a bit excessive to kick them out in the middle of the night. As for getting rid of the kids who were fighting right away...why not call the police immediately? I think there would be no better lesson to these students and their parents on what happens if you don't control your kids than having to bail them out of jail. My teacher told us all the time that if we got into trouble it would be our parents who would have to fly out to Florida and bail us out, that he would have no problem leaving the troublemakers behind. That would have solved the problem, and put a more of an immediate stop to the fighting, don't you think? And then Disney could have kicked them out the next day. (Plus they would have trouble competing in Pop Warner because some of the students would be in jail...go figure)

And yes, in terms of whether this is truly classism or not, the question isn't whether Disney has the right to enforce the policy, but the question is truly how many times has Disney NOT enforced the policy when it should have been implemented? That is the real question. Oh, how so inconvenient that we never have statistics on that...

It amazes me how anyone can come down on this side of the issue.

echoscot

I'm surprised how many people would kick everyone out based on the actions of a few kids. I certainly agree that the kids involved and their parents should have been asked to leave. But the other kids and their parents too?

This was not "a few kids" and the agreement is with large parties, the entire party is responsible. The goal is to encourage the adults to enforce good behavior.

This was not a little incident either, it was an outright brawl. On another Disney site, one of the parents involved posted in to show how wrong Disney was, but wound up making a case against herself. She stated she was there, the three groups were out at 1AM. One group started shouting insults, the others shouted back then fists started flying. By her own admission, some of the chaperones had been drinking as well, and one of the adults threw some punches too.

Disney was well within their rights and the best interest of the other guests to say "Everyone out NOW!"

ArielLover

That is messed up.

I think it seems a bit cowardly to eject unsuspecting parents and their infant children from a hotel room in the middle of the night. "Look at our power over parents with small children!!!!"

And 5 years? Is that based on some established precedent or just ignorance?

Honestly you seem to be one of the parents of these hoodlums

ArielLover

I'm surprised how many people would kick everyone out based on the actions of a few kids. I certainly agree that the kids involved and their parents should have been asked to leave. But the other kids and their parents too?

ummm yes, did you actually read the whole thread?

gelan

How do you propose Disney do that? With the thousands of guests that frequent those resorts daily, should they take away resources from 99.9% of the guests who do as they are supposed to try and figure out who the few people were who were not involved? If any were not involved at all? The good suffer for the bad. That's life.

Are you suggesting that if there was a fight in a restaurant, Disney should just kick everyone in the restaurant out of the park rather than trying to find out who was actually involved??? I think you are being a bit silly. Of course management should take the time to find out who was involved. Remember, they didn't just kick out the people who were present. They kicked out people who were no where near the incident. Like I said, I agree parents are responsible for their kids' actions and I have no problem with booting the families of the kids involved in the altercation. But it sounds like some families got kicked even though their kids were not present and that the basis for their boot was nothing more than the fact that they were on the same team.

Assume you are visiting WDW as a family reunion. Imagine being kicked out of WDW because your cousin got in a fight at a park while you back in your room sleeping. Fair?

ArielLover

Are you suggesting that if there was a fight in a restaurant, Disney should just kick everyone in the restaurant out of the park rather than trying to find out who was actually involved??? I think you are being a bit silly. Of course management should take the time to find out who was involved. Remember, they didn't just kick out the people who were present. They kicked out people who were no where near the incident. Like I said, I agree parents are responsible for their kids' actions and I have no problem with booting the families of the kids involved in the altercation. But it sounds like some families got kicked even though their kids were not present and that the basis for their boot was nothing more than the fact that they were on the same team.

Assume you are visiting WDW as a family reunion. Imagine being kicked out of WDW because your cousin got in a fight at a park while you back in your room sleeping. Fair?

I almost wonder if at time people just post to watch our heads explode. I just realized most of the people coming down on the side of the parents are new here...any corelation?....you decide :shrug::hammer:

echoscot

You do not have the correct facts. The fight took place at 1 AM at the hotel. There is an agreement that everyone in the group is evicted for acts of violence. It is made VERY clear to the Pop Warner people especially, because there have been numerous difficult incidents with them in the past.

This was not "your cousin" having a fight, this was a street brawl at the resort hotel. One of the boys was sent to the hospital. This was not just done with Disney either, they consulted the Pop Warner leadership and the Orange County Sheriff's office.

mickeydude

Teaches them a valuable lesson about associating with low quality people - lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.

i agree, the harsh punishment is a sure fire way to get the message across. i also love your 'saying' mousemerf: lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas
ITCHY lol

Testtrack321

Disney is kicking the PARTIES INVOLVED. You go as a team, you leave as a team. They kicked teams out, not EVERY TEAM THERE.

The Mom

Premium Member

I have never booked a grand gathering, but have stayed in condos where EVERYONE staying together would be evicted if ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY (checked in under your reservation) didn't follow the rules. If you made the mistake of travelling with your unruly cousin, and didn't watch him like a hawk, too bad.

Everyone in your party = everyone on YOUR team, in this instance. Everyone on the team is responsible for everyone else on the team. The OTHER teams who were staying there, but were not involved in the brawl, were NOT evicted. Just all of the party members of the teams involved.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
This was not "a few kids" and the agreement is with large parties, the entire party is responsible. The goal is to encourage the adults to enforce good behavior.

This was not a little incident either, it was an outright brawl. On another Disney site, one of the parents involved posted in to show how wrong Disney was, but wound up making a case against herself. She stated she was there, the three groups were out at 1AM. One group started shouting insults, the others shouted back then fists started flying. By her own admission, some of the chaperones had been drinking as well, and one of the adults threw some punches too.

Disney was well within their rights and the best interest of the other guests to say "Everyone out NOW!"

Link?

bfbulldog

Original Poster
Why does everyone keep talking about retaliation? There was no mention of fear of retaliation in the article. If it was unreasonable to take any other action other than to immediately evacuate EVERYONE, then fine. I have yet to read the article that details the investigation involved, or the circumstances that would have facilitated a less drastic means to eject the families not connected to the altercations.

So far, any discussion of retaliation or the inability to conduct further investigations or circumstances that would otherwise necessitate the ejection of all families in the middle of the night is based on pure speculation. That's all I'm saying.

As has been stated it is not Disney's responsibility to conduct an investigation to determine who was involved, what the involvement was, take witness statements, etc. It doesn't make any difference whether retaliation was mentioned or not, when dealing with adolescents the threat of retaliation MUST be taken into account when determining the action to take.

mickey&me

It just seems kinda funny--odd, strange, peculiar--that on the one side, all these people are clamoring for children's rights, while at the same time, saying out of the other side of their mouths that nothing is the kids' fault. With rights come responsibilities.

That said, playing football is not a right--it's a privilege. If you can't behave, then the privilege is revoked.

It appears to me that Labryanna (or whatever her weird name was) had decided to vacation--not chaperone. She should have registered separately from the group.

gelan

I almost wonder if at time people just post to watch our heads explode. I just realized most of the people coming down on the side of the parents are new here...any corelation?....you decide :shrug::hammer:
You're being silly. Please stop.

gelan

You do not have the correct facts. The fight took place at 1 AM at the hotel. There is an agreement that everyone in the group is evicted for acts of violence. It is made VERY clear to the Pop Warner people especially, because there have been numerous difficult incidents with them in the past.

This was not "your cousin" having a fight, this was a street brawl at the resort hotel. One of the boys was sent to the hospital. This was not just done with Disney either, they consulted the Pop Warner leadership and the Orange County Sheriff's office.

Let me start by saying that I realize I am in the minority on this issue and that I typically err on the side of too much protection at WDW.

And I agree that every kid that was involved in the brawl, in any way, should be kicked, along with their parents for not properly supervising them. However, I do not agree with kicking the kids that were in their rooms sleeping. That just doesn't seem fair to me. I understand that it may be a condition of the group deal and Disney would probably argue that one of the quid pro quos for the discounted group rates is that you have to assume responsibility for the actions of other people in your group. But it still doesn't sit right with me.

kucarachi

Ravens Fans?

Now that we know they are from Baltimore i see the problem. Did anyone watch the NFL Patriots vs Ravens a few weeks ago? When these kids grow up they seem to already fit the mold of their parents and grandparents. Being from Pittsburgh we deal with Baltimorons all the time!

CJR

I'm under the impression that many of the kid's parents were not there. So, they had to kick out the chaperones who were in charge of the kids involved. By kicking out the chaperones, they had to kick out the rest of the kids because there would be no one to supervise them.

They did it at night because there's a greater chance of everyone being in the room. If they waited until morning, the kids could have snuck out, went to the parks (EMH?), went to the pool (even though it's technically closed), etc. As a business, Disney made the right move. I don't see how they can possibly even try to get away with suing Disney. They broke the rules, if anything, Disney could be taking action on the ones who brawled on their resort.

KeeKee

Now that we know they are from Baltimore i see the problem. Did anyone watch the NFL Patriots vs Ravens a few weeks ago? When these kids grow up they seem to already fit the mold of their parents and grandparents. Being from Pittsburgh we deal with Baltimorons all the time!

Hey, hey, hey! Don't go pickin' on Baltimore! Some nice people come from Baltimore, too, ya know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom