Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shere_Khan

I have no idea if this has already been posted since I have not read the last few pages of this thread, but on magicalmountain.net there is a little more info about which teams were involved.

From www.MagicalMountain.net
Disney World, host to the Pop Warner Super Bowl Competition, had to evict three teams from the resort property over the weekend because of a fight that took place. The teams were all staying at the All-Star Resort.

"This was unfortunate, but with thousands of guests staying at the resort we have to maintain a safe environment for everyone," Jacob DiPietre, a spokesman for Walt Disney World, said Monday. "All participants were made aware of our strict zero-tolerance policy regarding any physical disturbances. Any teams involved in fighting are subject to disqualification and eviction. We were in direct consultation with both Pop Warner officials and law enforcement throughout the course of the event."

The midget league teams, their families, and anyone traveling with the teams were all asked to leave after the fight took place around 1:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. The three teams that were involved in the fight were the Westport Patriots of Baltimore; the Kahalu'u Hei'eia Broncos of Kailua, Hawaii; and the Waianae Tigers of Waianae, Hawaii. The midget league teams range in age from 14-16.

Enderikari

Then explain to me why they had to throw them out at 3:15 am in the morning. Families with babies and little kids? Why not wait till the morning to kick them out?

They should have handled it much better especially when involving people from area where you are building a resort.

Because, at Walt Disney World, with all the breakfast reservations, and the early extra magic hours, and families lining up to enter the parks as early as 7:30; there was no way of making sure that every got out before the morning.
Also, THIS IS AN EVICTON! Stow away your emotional appeals with the *boo hoo, all the poor little children... Won't someone think of the children?* routine. This rambunctious group was in violation of their contract, and in violation of simple human responsibility (on both the players and their parents) so, they have to get out.
They have learned from this experience. There are only one of two options for the folks from Hawaii and Baltimore; they will either straighen up and fly right (what my dad always told me when I did something bad) or they will not return to the Walt Disney World resort again. Both of these are desirable outcomes, considering the trouble they have caused in the past.

And, about this:
The team that was kicked out was from the very community in HAWAII that disney is building that huge new DVC resort in.
The teams and the people involved were at fault! If they were adults in the first place, they would accept this, along with their punishment, and grow to become better people. Is that going to happen? No, not at all, because they have already proven they have no right to have responsibility for any living being, much less their children. If they plan some sort of retaliatory gesture towards the disney company, they are just simple people, with simple goals, and should be locked away for doing so. Until they accept responsibility, everyone, including the adults, are juvenile.

Robert Heinlein said:
I told you that juvenile delinquent is a contradiction in terms. Delinquent means failing in duty. But duty is an adult virtue - indeed a juvenile becomes an adult when, and only when, he acquires a knowledge of duty and embraces it as dearer than the self-love he was born with. There never was, there cannot be, a juvenile delinquent.

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree that this discussion has run its course. I will lock it until more official information about the incident is reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom