Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmj91385

As far as being thrown out in the middle of the night, you broke the rules, and you had to pay the price. As far as controlling your kids, what were they doing out in the middle of the night? The parenting among teams is sad. I was there two weeks ago and the cheerleaders were running wild, all night at CBR. It was after midnight and they were running around and screaming. Is there no curfew in place? Where are there parents? We saw maybe four moms total. There was one incident of one not making it to practice and then losing her uniform. She was screaming f-bombs at the top of her lungs at her team mates. I was not impressed, to say the least.

Testtrack321

To everyone saying about how these kids could only chose one football team, etc, I have one thing to say...

PLAYING FOOTBALL IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT. GOING TO A BOWL GAME AND STAYING AT WDW IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT.

These kids had to take responsibility to do something that they normally couldn't have, and guess what, they screwed it up BIG time. They deserve to be kicked out and Pop Warner to be not allowed to use Disney property for their "events" again.

If I was the manager I'd be watching as they left and told the parents this PERSONALLY.

kucarachi

Ghetto is Ghetto. I know some of you think the kids and parents who got kicked out deserved to wait till morning but i think it took a great deal of cahones to do it the way they did. The parents of those kids should never be allowed near anything disney for at least 5 years. You take away the illusion that you are in a safe, family, carefree environment and what you have is a theme park almost anywhere else in the world. Somepeople are saying yeah you did have 8 year olds doing UFC fighting in the lobby but get a good nights sleep and you'll feel better in the morning. When you boil it down, you are guest at Walts house...and Roy's house not just the company itself. To some poor families that had to witness that it wont be the only memory of their trip but i bet it will be an unneeded highlight. The customer is not always right, we are humans we do make errors but in order to learn you have to at some point have consequences that arent at your best convience. Cheers to disney for laying the smack down on pop warner gang members.

DisneyPirate85

YAY DISNEY....Trash in Trash out! Maybe next year POP Warner will tighten up there part in this as well. But in the end, The kids reflect the parents!:fork:

csm7030

Unfortunately, parents with no respect for rule and authority will result in children without either as well. It's really a shame that they try to make Disney out to be in the wrong.

JML42691

[FONT=Arial,Arial]• A possible immediate ejection from the Pop Warner Super Bowl events and WALT DISNEY WORLD® property. The persons involved risk forfeiting hotel and other deposits. Revised Air reservations/ ticket payments will be your problem, not ours nor Disney’s. [/FONT]
So this supports Disney's justification for immediately ejecting these people at 1AM. So they were warned about the policy assuming that this statement was sent to them beforehand.

KeeKee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they have to sign a form with all of the policies clearly stated.

Whether or not they signed anything, wouldn't common sense dictate that kids that were in a hotel for a competition should be supervised and disciplined? Do we really need for Disney to be the first line of defense?

Come on...these parents knew the score. The problem is that they are from a culture that denies personal responsibilities and consequences, and only wants privileges. I don't feel sorry for them, their kids in the competition, or their 1 and 2 year olds that should be here in all of the chaos to begin with.

Some of the best lessons learned come at the highest price paid.

Ghetto is Ghetto.

That is messed up.

I know some of you think the kids and parents who got kicked out deserved to wait till morning but i think it took a great deal of cahones to do it the way they did. The parents of those kids should never be allowed near anything disney for at least 5 years.

I think it seems a bit cowardly to eject unsuspecting parents and their infant children from a hotel room in the middle of the night. "Look at our power over parents with small children!!!!"

And 5 years? Is that based on some established precedent or just ignorance?

Not having been there in person, I would assume the Disney Security didnt let all those involved go back to thier rooms, let them fall asleep , and go in and wake them up, just so they could kick them out at 1am. I would assume there were long discussions throughout the evening with those involved, and the final decision came, and by 1 am, they were on thier way out. It most likely wasnt a surprise that thier expulsion was about to take place. You cant leave those involved to get angry, and lash out while still at the resort. Getting them off the property was in the best intrest of the other guests at the resort.
How about if Universal hosts the Pop Warner next year?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
That is messed up.

I think it seems a bit cowardly to eject unsuspecting parents and their infant children from a hotel room in the middle of the night. "Look at our power over parents with small children!!!!"

And 5 years? Is that based on some established precedent or just ignorance?

You seem to still be missing that these kids were out and causing problems at 1:00?
Look at the rules stated above for Pop Warner...."immediate ejection"

What is unclear?

bleeding hearts and "convenient punishment" are the reasons these kids think they can do anything they want.

KeeKee

You seem to still be missing that these kids were out and causing problems at 1:00?

What is unclear?

bleeding hearts and "convenient punishment" are the reasons these kids think they can do anything they want.

One thing is abundently clear, the massive, overwhelming majority side with Disney on this. The whiners are definitely in the minority. Maybe there is hope for our nation after all!

carolina_yankee

Unless more details were buried in the responses to this thread, I don't see how Disney had a choice in the matter.

They have to evict the whole group, or risk letting some of the offenders stay. I can see the claims, "Why are you kicking me out, and not him? He fought too!" If it was violence related to team rivalry, then the risk of it escalating is high.

I feel sorry for the families whose kids didn't do anything, but they need to blame the ones involved in the fighting, not Disney. Disney did exactly what they said they would do, so no one can be surprised or upset. Disney probably doesn't even see it as kicking out "Families X, Y, and Z" but as "Team xxxxx" from whatever school. You belong to a team, you rise and fall with that team. I suspect there's a history with the kids involved and a lack of supervision at the parental or team level.

The deeper problem here is folks who support the rules until they are applied to them.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Here is a more realistic presentation of the behavior of the innocent tikes (and this was only one of a series of events):

'Pop' goes Buccaneers' sportsmanship

Sarasota Pop Warner team falls short in national title game
12/07/2007
LAKE BUENA VISTA -- From his grave, Glenn Scobey “Pop” Warner must have wanted out.

What was needed Friday at Disney’s Wide World of Sports was a huge dollop of old-school football discipline.

Pop-style.

But old school, like the great coach himself, has long since passed.

Without it, what we got was an embarrassing lack of composure and respect displayed by the Suncoast Buccaneers in their national championship game against the Westport Patriots.

A grade of “F” in representing Sarasota with class and sportsmanship. A failure to uphold the Pop Warner ideals.

Players fighting with each other. Players taking off their jerseys, quitting in the middle of the game. Players arguing with their coaches.

Even the Mean Machine, the convict football team from the movie “The Longest Yard,” didn’t behave this poorly.

“You can’t quit,” said Pete Castleberry, president of the Buccaneers. “There’s no reason for that. We just got to hold our composure.”

Then Pete was off again, imploring another Buccaneer player to finish the game until the end.

Continue to compete on a stage — the Super Bowl of Pop Warner — most may never reach again.

Pete and repeat.

Those looking for excuses could make them. The Buccaneers had not lost all season. They had whipped a team from Detroit in the Midget Division semis.
They were a collection of 12-to-15-year-old boys who hadn’t been forced to taste the bitter pill of defeat.

And when the Patriots, a team from Baltimore capable of both passing and running, jumped in front, the Bucs unable to respond, moods turned sour.

But the sight of two Buc players on the ground, throwing punches at each other, a parent running onto the field to help separate them, amazed even a sideline official.

"I’ve been doing this 13 years and I’ve never seen that,” he said. “Terrible, terrible.”
Neither had Sterling Brunson, head coach of the Patriots.

“Ah, nah,” he said. “No, no. I can feel their pain, but you can’t fight each other. And you can’t quit in the middle of the game.”

It might have been history following the Bucs all the way to Orlando.

“We come from a city league where they were used to having incidents like that over and over,” said head coach Ken Howard, “and that’s kinda why we started the Pop Warner, to try and get away from that.
“And some of those kids came over this year and they won all the way out and we played a tough team this year that took us out of our game plan and we kinda lost our composure.”

Only in their second year of existence, the Bucs certainly exceeded expectations.
Howard said they’ll be back.

By then, hopefully, having learned how not to act.

Last modified: December 07. 2007 10:46PM

MainSt1993

From the 2007 Pop Warners Advisors Manual on their website. Clearly this isn't the first time there have been problems and this memo gave their participants fair warning before heading to WDW this year:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

TO: [FONT=Arial,Arial]All Pop Warner Association, League & Regional Officers [/FONT]

FROM: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Jon C. Butler, Executive Director [/FONT]​

RE: Personal Responsibility [FONT=Arial,Arial]at PWLS Events/Activities [/FONT]​

DATE: [FONT=Arial,Arial]September, 2007 [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial]As Pop Warner’s events grow and attract more media attention, each of us has a duty to make sure that ALL of the people at those events represent Pop Warner appropriately. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]We’ve had serious behavior problems at past Pop Warner Super Bowls at WALT DISNEY WORLD®. This note gives you and your participants, young & old, players & coaches, parents & fans fair warning that such problems have not been tolerated in the past, and certainly will not be tolerated this year. Teams have been disqualified, and, in one case, sent home early at their increased expense. (all bolding mine - Aaka)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]Every Pop Warner Association is accountable for its players, cheerleaders, coaches, administrators, parents and others from your area at all Regional and National events. Any incidents of unacceptable behavior from any person(s) affiliated in any way with your Association will mean: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]• A possible immediate ejection from the Pop Warner Super Bowl events and WALT DISNEY WORLD® property. The persons involved risk forfeiting hotel and other deposits. Revised Air reservations/ ticket payments will be your problem, not ours nor Disney’s. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]• Possible lifetime ban from Disney World. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]• An AUTOMATIC PROHIBITION from all Regional and National events for all teams/squads from that Association for one full season. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]•Possible suspension and/or probation from coaching or administering within Pop Warner.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]Each Association is responsible for those who represent it. So is each League. So is each Region. If repeated problems occur within a particular Association, League or Region, additional measures will be taken.[/FONT]

Memos like these aren't uncommon for hotel stays of any sort. In fact, when I was checking in at a hotel at LAX, I saw flight crews checking in signing a similar sounding form. A private operator has a right and responsibility to protect everyone at their property. Sort of like US Park Police are at our natural parks, and eject, fine, and arrest people breaking the law.

Furthermore, what are we teaching kids if we let fighting pass? Very unsportsmanlike! An honestly, a trip to WDW is not cheap. Some punk's lack of self control shouldn't endanger me or my family when we're on vacation. Hurray for Disney!!

KeeKee

Not much more you can add to that, then, eh? Don't see how anybody could have been surprised, regardless of the hour of the incident.

What is unclear?

First of all, the memo mentions "possible immediate ejection." Let's not disregard words when they are not germane to your argument.

Second, I am not making a "bleeding heart" argument, nor am I calling for "convenient punishment."

Throughout this thread, I have maintained that Disney was well within its stated policies to ultimately eject the families of teams which engage in physical altercations--that is their policy, and the teams signed off on that agreement. However, it is unfortunate that they chose to eject ALL families, regardless of their involvement in these altercations, in the middle of the night.

Of course, there is the issue that we are working with very very limited amounts of information. From my perspective, given the information available, I think ejecting all families in the middle of the night was unreasonably harsh. Conversely, provided with more details, it is certainly possible that these actions were appropriate. However, I have not yet seen facts that support these actions.

bfbulldog

Original Poster
First of all, the memo mentions "possible immediate ejection." Let's not disregard words when they are not germane to your argument.

Second, I am not making a "bleeding heart" argument, nor am I calling for "convenient punishment."

Throughout this thread, I have maintained that Disney was well within its stated policies to ultimately eject the families of teams which engage in physical altercations--that is their policy, and the teams signed off on that agreement. However, it is unfortunate that they chose to eject ALL families, regardless of their involvement in these altercations, in the middle of the night.

Of course, there is the issue that we are working with very very limited amounts of information. From my perspective, given the information available, I think ejecting all families in the middle of the night was unreasonably harsh. Conversely, provided with more details, it is certainly possible that these actions were appropriate. However, I have not yet seen facts that support these actions.

Disney's not in the investigative business, they have no idea who's spoken to who or what's been said among everyone or what animosity is festering beneath the surface, so their recourse is to eliminate the potential problem at it's core and to eject everyone. Disney is responsible for the safety of the tens of thousands of people visiting their resorts daily, people are always coming and going as they please and they have to make sure they are doing all they can to ensure the safety of these guests. They shouldn't and aren't expected to be required to keep an eye on troublemakers.

As has been posted in several places every family was made clearly aware of the possible reprocussions for bad behavior not only when they signed their agreements with Disney but via letters sent by Pop Warner themselves.

In the end all of Disney World is private property and when you are on their property you agree to abide by the terms of behavior as set forth on the park tickets or in the hotel agreements and if you break those rules they can impose whatever punishment they have set forth. Including the possibility of banishment for life. In fact as it is private property, they can throw you out for any reason they see fit regardless of whether it's spelled out in an agreed upon document or not.

nmj91385

Just out of curiousity are the 13 of you who feel that Disney was in the wrong in the poll, parents of athletes who go on these trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom