Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

majortom1981

You apparently haven't read the whole thread. I don't know where 3:15 came from, but it was 1Am by all reports. Minor issue though still middle of the night.

The second point, this was not a couple of boys hitting each other, this was a brawl among three teams.

Disney has had ongoing problems with Pop Warner and similar groups (personal experience from having worked there) but for the most part have been tolerant of thier issues, so it had to be something severe.

There is no worry that they have "angered the surrounding community" Disney is in Orlando, not Baltimore or Hawaii, and they employ a majority of the Orlando workforce to the tune of about 60,000 people. Most of the community is in sympathy with what happened because they have experienced the "joys" of being in the park with Pop Warner as well.

There is a link I place further up to another forum where this is being discussed and one of the mothers/chaperones from one of the Hawaii teams joined in to try to make her case. She actually reinforced the idea that Disney was absolutely correct in making the decision they did.

The team that was kicked out was from the very community in HAWAII that disney is building that huge new DVC resort in.

nibblesandbits

Yes they should have waited till say 8am . Told them that in the mornig you will all have to leave. Then kick them out at 7 or 8am.
Yes, but as I stated earlier, two reasons why I can think Disney did it at the time they did.

1. For fear of retaliation. If these people knew they would be kicked out in the morning, what's to say they wouldn't do something in retaliation, knowing full well they were already getting kicked out. (Including possible fights or defacing property)
2. We don't know what time in the morning some of those people would be getting up and doing things. Since, as I think I have read, the Superbowl part was over, these people were now "on vacation." Who's to say that they wouldn't leave their rooms before 7 am to go to the parks, or a breakfast or anything. (Either without knowing that they were going to be evicted or knowing full well that they would be and were then leaving early so that they could essentially enjoy one more day without being kicked out. Then making it harder on Disney in the long run. (Meaning that Disney could have then removed their luggage from the room and that could have potentially caused even more of a problem with everyone! Invasion of privacy issues?))

Disney did it at that time to ensure that all the people in the party would be in their rooms and to ensure that other guests safety would be ok. Yes, it stinks that those parents with babies had to be out of the room so late, but life is life and it's not always fair. Disney did what was in the best interest of the majority of their guests...including those other teams they did not get involved in the fights.

phichi17

The team that was kicked out was from the very community in HAWAII that disney is building that huge new DVC resort in.
What does that have to do with this incident? That is dangerous mentality. If their new resort is vandalized, who do you think they would look at first?

echoscot

Wow, even better then, that fear of economic reprisals did not deter them from making a decision in the interest of the safety of the other Guests and Cast Members.

If you read the woman's report on the other thread, you will find this was a STREET BRAWL that put one kid in the hospital.

ZERO TOLERANCE for that stuff. No sympathy for that stuff, I don't really give a rip WHO started it. All of them needed to go. One of the chaperones had been drinking as well, parents and kids were hitting and fighting.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sounds to me like we've all said what we can say on the subject.
Probably time to put this thread to bed with 96% believing the action was appropriate and 4% disagreeing.
That is far and away the closest to concensus I've ever seen here.

Let's move on to more pressing issues, like the SSE makeover.

Because the agreement was that if ANYONE in your group acted in this manner, all were affected. There is no wiggle room in the policy.

I think the policy stated that physical altercations could lead to "possible immediate ejection."

Therein lies the "wiggle room."

phichi17

I think the policy stated that physical altercations could lead to "possible immediate ejection."

Point taken on the wiggle room incident, it was at Disney's discretion. They exercised the right to do it when hand how they wanted to. Ain't it wonderful to be a private property owner?

phichi17

Probably time to put this thread to bed with 96% believing the action was appropriate and 4% disagreeing.

Yep, thats in another thread(s).

KeeKee

Excellent point! I whole-heartedly agree with you, ClemsonTigger. This is one of the most lopsided discussions ever. It restores my faith in our country to see so many express so much common sense.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

You are correct.
And the decision was made by Disney, Pop Warner Officials (and I'm sure those officials were happy to be pulled out of bed for this) and Orange County Police for immediate ejection.
From the description of the associated womans postings on the other site, I'm surprised that there wasn't immediate transfer to the Orange County Police station.

Your position has been stated well, I believe all that can be done now is to agree to disagree.

echoscot

I just found this interesting news brief:

Disney Fiction News said:
12/12/2007 1:35pm

"In other news today several members of WDWMagic.com forums were evicted from the forum due to a fight that broke out among members who were discussing a fight that broke out at the Walt Disney World Resort.

The forum officials came to the members homes at around 1AM on 12/11 and told them they had 30 minutes to pack their belongings and get out.

One of the members, DisneyJesus, had asked "Why can't we at least stay until the morning? I mean I have two cats I have to get into carriers and food and litter box stuff"

Officials were not sympathetic, with one member MajorTom1981 having to be taken to the hospital for a broken nose. A forum spokesman, ModRAtor, said "We had to do this quickly for the safety and sanity of all the other forum members"

ClemsonTigger, another member, had asked why "can't everyone just get along and ride Spaceship Earth?"

We did get a quote from Phichi17 as well, that someone had mentioned 'wiggle room' which he then went on to state means "that the forum officials can apparently do what ever they like because it is a privately owned forum"

More details to come later."

Testtrack321

Yea and what about the little kids that the people getting kicked out had? Waiting till 8am would not have been a big deal.

Yes it would have been, i think you're missing the scope here. THREE TEAMS, brawl that sent one kid to the hospital that took the police over an hour to get everything straightened up. Official response from Pop Warner and Disney. We're not talking about one kid pushing another, we're talking about three teams having ego issues fighting it out off of the football field and at a resort. What would prevent all these angry guys from possibly taking a trash can or chair and throwing it through a window of an opposing team? Or, heaven forbid, they got the room wrong. Or how about an altercation at 8 am when they woke up after all the police had left?

I've seen stuff like this go down in HS, there is NO room for tolerance with things like this. As I said inititally, if you are so worried about the babies and little kids, then they SHOULD BE THROWN OUT FOR THOSE BABIES AND LITTLE KIDS SAFETY.

mousefan1972

I was just reading resort reviews on allearsnet.com, and thought this one on All Star Music in particular was relevant to this thread:

My family of four stayed in a standard room at this resort from 11/26-12/03. We knew it wouldn't be anything extravagant but basically just a place to rest our head at night. What we didn't bargain for was being put in the farthest building from Melody Hall. We were traveling with two other families and had given the grandgathering number when we made our reservation. The other families ended up together in Jazz #9 and we ended up in Country #5. We asked to be moved closer at check-in but were told they were too busy & didn't have any other rooms. The first few days weren't bad but then our parking area got roped off and we ended up having to park at least 1-2 buildings away every night. Then the groups of cheerleaders, football players & their parents arrived. Apparently there was some sort of tournament and the hotel had put them all around us. The noise was non-stop from 6am until about 2am. I called to complain but was told Management was too busy to take my call. After chatting with a security guy, I found out that the hotel had specifically hired more security just because of all the tournament people and there had already been a couple accidents. When walking back from Melody Hall you could see kids/adults throwing things from the 2nd or 3rd floor and screaming obscenities at other guests. While I know the hotel isn't responsible for the behavior of their guests, I do believe it is their job to at least attempt to keep people in line. My family was made to feel less important than the tournament people and we couldn't wait to leave on the 3rd. The other families we were traveling with experienced the same problems so I know it wasn't an isolated problem. We definitely will not stay at any of the value resorts on our next trip.

*copied and pasted from this link: http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=4&cat=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom