Kids Thrown Out Of Disneyworld

Do you agree with Disney's decision to thow these kids out?

• Yes

Votes: 411 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewaves

I used to go on trips in High School with my marching band and we never once had a problem , it was made clear don't do anything. I think Disney should be commended for their actions, kick them all out it'll teach them all a lesson.

gelan

By reading this womans statement I can't help but feel she may be a slight bit racist.She doesn't just refer to them as the other team but instead just calls them the "colored boys" To me she shows her ignorance by ripping Disney security but what she fails to realize is that these guys are not allowed to just jump in to a fray.These are not police officers they are 8 dollar a hour retirees for the most part and I am sure don't want to get hurt themself by this mob-mentality driven kids.

I noticed this too. Not necessarily racist, but she needs to get with the times.

gelan

It is Disneys obligation, as a private property owner, to ensure safety for all of its guests. If they do not, they will be held liable. The "private property" mantra simply states they can do pretty much as they please as long as they are within legal boundries. In this case they would have been out of bounds if they had not done what they did. Does this answer your question?

I think you missed it here phichi. All property owners have an obligation to make their premises safe for their guests. This goes for private property owners (including you) as well as the government. The distinction between a private and and non-private owner has nothing to do with providing safety. It has to do with the ability to regulate individuals while on the property. Private property owners, like WDW, have much more freedom in terms of regulating individuals than does the government. For example, Disney can implement a policy that says everyone gets booted regardless if you were directly involved. If a public body implemented such a policy it would be subject to challenge on the basis that some individuals were deprived a benefit without due process.

JJHale

Now that we know they are from Baltimore i see the problem. Did anyone watch the NFL Patriots vs Ravens a few weeks ago? When these kids grow up they seem to already fit the mold of their parents and grandparents. Being from Pittsburgh we deal with Baltimorons all the time!

I truly fail to understand how you could offer a connection like this and find it very insulting to the city of Baltimore. Pittsburgh fans are no better than Baltimore fans. As a matter of fact both fan bases are known as being among the better behaved in the sports world. I know this from experience as well.

The city the team was from has NOTHING to do with their behavior. (Hawaii, yeah pretty rough, impoverished area there too. Make some connection there if you can.)

As far as Disney's reaction to the incident? I support and applaud Disney 100%. Having just returned from WDW last weekend and seeing some of the Pop Warner attendees "in action" I would love to see Disney put some additional restrictions on them in the future. The behavior in the parks and resorts is truly shameful.

Sorry, I don't usually rant on the boards but this struck a nerve.

phichi17

I think you missed it here phichi. All property owners have an obligation to make their premises safe for their guests. This goes for private property owners (including you) as well as the government. The distinction between a private and and non-private owner has nothing to do with providing safety. It has to do with the ability to regulate individuals while on the property. Private property owners, like WDW, have much more freedom in terms of regulating individuals than does the government. For example, Disney can implement a policy that says everyone gets booted regardless if you were directly involved. If a public body implemented such a policy it would be subject to challenge on the basis that some individuals were deprived a benefit without due process.

Exactly.

mickey&me

Upon further reflection, I hope they DO bring suit. Maybe that will prompt Disney to distance themselves from Pop Warner group discounts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I truly fail to understand how you could offer a connection like this and find it very insulting to the city of Baltimore. Pittsburgh fans are no better than Baltimore fans. As a matter of fact both fan bases are known as being among the better behaved in the sports world. I know this from experience as well.
The city the team was from has NOTHING to do with their behavior. (Hawaii, yeah pretty rough, impoverished area there too. Make some connection there if you can.)

As far as Disney's reaction to the incident? I support and applaud Disney 100%. Having just returned from WDW last weekend and seeing some of the Pop Warner attendees "in action" I would love to see Disney put some additional restrictions on them in the future. The behavior in the parks and resorts is truly shameful.

Sorry, I don't usually rant on the boards but this struck a nerve.
I thought the Philadelphia fans were supposed to be the worst in the nation? Weren't they the ones that booed Santa Clause as well as mentally disabled kids and also had a custom of throwing batteries?

:lol:

majortom1981

stupid

Hmm Disney was really really stupid for doing this.

Lets kick out a team from the exact place we are trying to build a resort. Yeah thats a great idea. Lets get the surrounding area of the resort all upset at us.

How stupid can disney be?

phichi17

Hmm Disney was really really stupid for doing this.

Lets kick out a team from the exact place we are trying to build a resort. Yeah thats a great idea. Lets get the surrounding area of the resort all upset at us.

How stupid can disney be?

Let mob mentality rule, is that what you are saying?

majortom1981

Disney handled it badly. They woke everybody up at 3 in the morning. Families with little kids and everything had to leave . They couldnt wait ill maybe 7am or 8 am?

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/NEWS01/712120425/1001/NEWS01

Many people were upset by the way Disney handled the early-morning eviction. Kong was able to find the families rooms at a Holiday Inn by 4:15 a.m. Saturday after organizing a convoy of taxis to transport baggage and people.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawai'i teams, speaking to Central Florida News Channel 13.

"They could have said, look, you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning," Kubo said. "Then our babies — we have 1-year-old, 2-year-old, 3-year-olds — that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene

phichi17

Fro mwhat I have read on other sites why was the whole group thrown out? This group will go back home and any time disney needs approval to do somethign for their new resort they will have a whole bunch of the local people at the meetings saying not to approve what disney wants.

Why throw the whole group out and not just the few that were involved?
Because the agreement was that if ANYONE in your group acted in this manner, all were affected. There is no wiggle room in the policy.

majortom1981

Because the agreement was that if ANYONE in your group acted in this manner, all were affected. There is no wiggle room in the policy.

Then explain to me why they had to throw them out at 3:15 am in the morning. Families with babies and little kids? Why not wait till the morning to kick them out?

They should have handled it much better especially when involving people from area where you are building a resort.

Ellura

Honestly, your generalization of all teammates of the few offenders as "hoodlums" is simple-minded.

I'm not one of the parents of those children, nor am I a parent at all. However, I am proud to say that I have two very well-behaved cats.

Let's hear it for our four legged children!! :sohappy:

phichi17

Then explain to me why they had to throw them out at 3:15 am in the morning. Families with babies and little kids? Why not wait till the morning to kick them out?

They should have handled it much better especially when involving people from area where you are building a resort.

As was stated earlier, it was more than likely because of retaliation on the part of the involved parties. Disney, the police and Pop Warner officials all came to the agreement. Where they were from had no bearing whatsoever on the decision. Guest safety was (probably) the number one concern. Can you think of a better reason for them to handle it this way?

Testtrack321

It took them over an hour to settle this down. An hour later they kicked everyone out. How about instead of thinking of those kids, lets think of all the OTHER people in the resort who were in harms way, babies and little kids included.

majortom1981

As was stated earlier, it was more than likely because of retaliation on the part of the involved parties. Disney, the police and Pop Warner officials all came to the agreement. Where they were from had no bearing whatsoever on the decision. Guest safety was (probably) the number one concern. Can you think of a better reason for them to handle it this way?

Yes they should have waited till say 8am . Told them that in the mornig you will all have to leave. Then kick them out at 7 or 8am.

majortom1981

It took them over an hour to settle this down. An hour later they kicked everyone out. How about instead of thinking of those kids, lets think of all the OTHER people in the resort who were in harms way, babies and little kids included.

Yea and what about the little kids that the people getting kicked out had? Waiting till 8am would not have been a big deal.

echoscot

Disney handled it badly. They woke everybody up at 3 in the morning. Families with little kids and everything had to leave . They couldnt wait ill maybe 7am or 8 am?

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/NEWS01/712120425/1001/NEWS01

Many people were upset by the way Disney handled the early-morning eviction. Kong was able to find the families rooms at a Holiday Inn by 4:15 a.m. Saturday after organizing a convoy of taxis to transport baggage and people.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawai'i teams, speaking to Central Florida News Channel 13.

"They could have said, look, you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning," Kubo said. "Then our babies — we have 1-year-old, 2-year-old, 3-year-olds — that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene

You apparently haven't read the whole thread. I don't know where 3:15 came from, but it was 1Am by all reports. Minor issue though still middle of the night.

The second point, this was not a couple of boys hitting each other, this was a brawl among three teams.

Disney has had ongoing problems with Pop Warner and similar groups (personal experience from having worked there) but for the most part have been tolerant of thier issues, so it had to be something severe.

There is no worry that they have "angered the surrounding community" Disney is in Orlando, not Baltimore or Hawaii, and they employ a majority of the Orlando workforce to the tune of about 60,000 people. Most of the community is in sympathy with what happened because they have experienced the "joys" of being in the park with Pop Warner as well.

There is a link I place further up to another forum where this is being discussed and one of the mothers/chaperones from one of the Hawaii teams joined in to try to make her case. She actually reinforced the idea that Disney was absolutely correct in making the decision they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom