Juan's Multi-park update with important SM news!

EPCOT Explorer

Nope. I'm extremely skeptical.
I mean...6300 feet of track.
Cut out by hand (leaving the existing supports), removing it from the building, bringing in steel (supposedly not already in track form) and hand-building a whole new track on the existing supports....

I'm having a real hard time with that.:shrug:

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this over the weekend.
It's odd, I agree. However, it is concurrent with the actual news we had gotten on it.
Oompaloompas, maybe? :lol:
Wonka+Slugworth.jpg

Tinker: Up the airy mountain, down the rushing glen, we dare not go a hunting, for fear of little men! You see, nobody ever goes in and nobody ever comes out!

:lookaroun

Yeah? :shrug:

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. I don't accept PM's cause I just don't have time. Nothing personal towards anyone.

As I have said many times, I have no inside knowledge, no first hand contacts and have never worked for the mouse. I just do a lot of reading and enjoy trying to figure out what is next for WDW. It's somewhat detective work mixed with a bit of wishful thinking.

That Disney is so secretive makes it all the more fun to try to figure out what is going on. I try to pass on my way of thinking about these things. Some people will enjoy that and some people will "hate" me for it. I recognize the reasoning behind both reactions.

Bottom line, I know why some folks want me ignored. It makes my day to know I'm being effective. I post here because I enjoy it. It's all in good natured fun on my part and I intend to continue. Thanks again. :)
Two questions, and I mean no harm. Seriously.

Didn't you once say that your Username referred to "Jedi Training 2004"? If I am totally off base, I apologize.

You mention that you are being effective. What are you trying to effect?
:wave:

jt04

It's odd, I agree. However, it is concurrent with the actual news we had gotten on it.

Wonka+Slugworth.jpg

Tinker: Up the airy mountain, down the rushing glen, we dare not go a hunting, for fear of little men! You see, nobody ever goes in and nobody ever comes out!
:lookaroun

Two questions, and I mean no harm. Seriously.

Didn't you once say that your Username referred to "Jedi Training 2004"? If I am totally off base, I apologize.

You mention that you are being effective. What are you trying to effect?
:wave:

You would have to ask the people who keep saying I should be ignored. You once encouraged that too, so you could answer the question far better than me. I try to avoid understanding too much about that way of thinking.

I'm just trying to encourage everyone to think about the WDW rumors in a critical way. Because many critical thinking contributors are far more effective. We are like a miniature think tank here about all things WDW.

Jedi Training 2004? Don't remember that. Might have been a joke for jedimaster or master yoda. Not sure :shrug:

WDWFREAK53

Lee, this is completely off-topic...but since I know that you're a fan...I thought I'd ask you.

Don't you think the U2 stage set would work perfectly in Tomorrowland? :lol:

When I saw it in person I said, "That's the Astro Orbiter!" :lol:

Attachments

• U2_360_Stage.jpg
    U2_360_Stage.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 70

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, this is completely off-topic...but since I know that you're a fan...I thought I'd ask you.

Dude...if TL had "the claw"......Stitch's show would still be running.
Of course, it would cover all of Rockettower Plaza....:cool:

calicommando

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. I don't accept PM's cause I just don't have time. Nothing personal towards anyone.

As I have said many times, I have no inside knowledge, no first hand contacts and have never worked for the mouse. I just do a lot of reading and enjoy trying to figure out what is next for WDW. It's somewhat detective work mixed with a bit of wishful thinking.

That Disney is so secretive makes it all the more fun to try to figure out what is going on. I try to pass on my way of thinking about these things. Some people will enjoy that and some people will "hate" me for it. I recognize the reasoning behind both reactions.

Bottom line, I know why some folks want me ignored. It makes my day to know I'm being effective. I post here because I enjoy it. It's all in good natured fun on my part and I intend to continue. Thanks again. :)

It's nice to hear you admit that.

Buried20KLeague

My problem with you is simple:

You CONSTANTLY state your opinion as fact. Uneqivocally. "Disney IS doing this"... "Disney IS doing that"... "This is going on behind the scenes"... "There is a new mindset"...

You CONSTANTLY do that. Constantly. You never say "I bet they're doing, etc". You never use qualifiers. Ever.

The only time you ever come back and say that "you're not an insider" and "everything you say is opinion" is when you get called out. Like your reply above. If you're confronted, you back way off, and play the "hey, I'm just a guy that pays attention and I'm just sharing my opinion" card, trying to disarm the person you're dealing with.

Listen, I've got no problem with your opinion. I think that at times it's a little irrational and doesn't flow with the way publically traded companies like Disney would work... But that's MY opinion. :lookaroun:lol:

It's that delivery of your opinion that people often don't like because it's never given as "opinion". That's why you get to people. It's not because you strike some sort of chord and people just can't stand that you're so correct, as you seem to be alluding to. :rolleyes: Ego much? :lol:

You might be right. Maybe Disney's getting back on track. It's possible. And I'll admit that I'm feeling better about things lately. But this is nothing that can be determined overnight. It takes time. And it also requires nobody stepping in the way of progress for a number of years. Will it happen? Don't know. But I hope so. FL seems to be a good sign (although I'm bothered it's so meet n greet heavy, but I'll live)... But then at the same time SM seems to be a BAD sign of what happens when TDO people are in charge of their own decisions.

The jury is out. But you know what? That's better than 8 months ago. 8 months ago, there wasn't even any DEBATE about the topic!! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

You would have to ask the people who keep saying I should be ignored. You once encouraged that too, so you could answer the question far better than me. I try to avoid understanding too much about that way of thinking.

I'm just trying to encourage everyone to think about the WDW rumors in a critical way. Because many critical thinking contributors are far more effective. We are like a miniature think tank here about all things WDW.

Jedi Training 2004? Don't remember that. Might have been a joke for jedimaster or master yoda. Not sure :shrug:
Fair enough. Thank you.

:lol: I think WDI helped...

EPCOT Explorer

My problem with you is simple:

You CONSTANTLY state your opinion as fact. Uneqivocally. "Disney IS doing this"... "Disney IS doing that"... "This is going on behind the scenes"... "There is a new mindset"...

You CONSTANTLY do that. Constantly. You never say "I bet they're doing, etc". You never use qualifiers. Ever.

The only time you ever come back and say that "you're not an insider" and "everything you say is opinion" is when you get called out. Like your reply above. If you're confronted, you back way off, and play the "hey, I'm just a guy that pays attention and I'm just sharing my opinion" card, trying to disarm the person you're dealing with.

Listen, I've got no problem with your opinion. I think that at times it's a little irrational and doesn't flow with the way publically traded companies like Disney would work... But that's MY opinion. :lookaroun:lol:

It's that delivery of your opinion that people often don't like because it's never given as "opinion". That's why you get to people. It's not because you strike some sort of chord and people just can't stand that you're so correct, as you seem to be alluding to. :rolleyes: Ego much? :lol:

You might be right. Maybe Disney's getting back on track. It's possible. And I'll admit that I'm feeling better about things lately. But this is nothing that can be determined overnight. It takes time. And it also requires nobody stepping in the way of progress for a number of years. Will it happen? Don't know. But I hope so. FL seems to be a good sign (although I'm bothered it's so meet n greet heavy, but I'll live)... But then at the same time SM seems to be a BAD sign of what happens when TDO people are in charge of their own decisions.

The jury is out. But you know what? That's better than 8 months ago. 8 months ago, there wasn't even any DEBATE about the topic!! :lol:
Quoted for pure, unadulterated TRUTH.:wave:

jt04

You never use qualifiers. Ever.

Ahem. Where is your "qualifier"?:lol:

At least 8 months ago I was saying that things were turning around. In fact, I was about the only one. You see, I understand why folks were attacking TDO and why they attack Iger verbally. And why they were drooling all over themselves when layoffs were announced. I get all that. I know what they are trying to effect. :rolleyes:

I'll just let my track record speak for itself. And remain vigilant.

In my opinion.:lol:

Main Street USA

There's critical, and hyper-critical. You're the latter.

On occasion (even a couple times in this thread) you make good sense and seem like a WDW fan. Then in the next breath you bash WDW management for horrible decisions, and in this case, a horrible rehab that isn't even finished yet. Now you're changing your tune a bit.

You're over the top negative in most cases, and in my humble opinion, you spout misleading nonsense half the time. Like earlier in this very thread...juan said they're replacing the track. Someone else ask a question about track replacement, and you posted, flat out, that they aren't replacing the track. The fact of the matter is that you DON'T KNOW what they're doing in there.

My question is why do you pretend to know something you don't know? Some of these people that trust what you say are getting false info half the time because you state "facts" that are not facts...hence the ignore comment.

I don't ever put anyone on ignore, because I'm not bothered enough in reading such posts. The good and the bad tend to balance out in the end, anyway.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
On the plus side you are getting attention...................... rather than some bits of (non) existant (??) track. :sohappy:

Hoorrrahh for the boobies as the Bloodhound Gang may have said.

jt04

There's critical, and hyper-critical. You're the latter.

On occasion (even a couple times in this thread) you make good sense and seem like a WDW fan. Then in the next breath you bash WDW management for horrible decisions, and in this case, a horrible rehab that isn't even finished yet. Now you're changing your tune a bit.

You're over the top negative in most cases, and in my humble opinion, you spout misleading nonsense half the time. Like earlier in this very thread...juan said they're replacing the track. Someone else ask a question about track replacement, and you posted, flat out, that they aren't replacing the track. The fact of the matter is that you DON'T KNOW what they're doing in there.

My question is why do you pretend to know something you don't know? Some of these people that trust what you say are getting false info half the time because you state "facts" that are not facts...hence the ignore comment.

I don't ever put anyone on ignore, because I'm not bothered enough in reading such posts. The good and the bad tend to balance out in the end, anyway.

Please provide quotes and I'll be happy to respond. I've never been accused of bashing management before. You've caught me off guard....IMO

Main Street USA

Ok, anyway.

I'd be surprised if they're replacing all of the track, but if they've been working on it all this time, then I suppose it's possible. Whatever makes the ride smoother will make me happy. Other than the small details starting to be inoperative, some cleaning here and there, and the somewhat dreary and dated post show, the jerkiness of the ride itself was the only thing that bothered me about the state it was in. The first three things I mentioned are relatively minor fixes for such a lengthy refurb.

Time will tell...

EPCOT Explorer

Ok, anyway.

I'd be surprised if they're replacing all of the track, but if they've been working on it all this time, then I suppose it's possible. Whatever makes the ride smoother will make me happy. Other than the small details starting to be inoperative, some cleaning here and there, and the somewhat dreary and dated post show, the jerkiness of the ride itself was the only thing that bothered me about the state it was in. The first three things I mentioned are relatively minor fixes for such a lengthy refurb.

Time will tell...
Agreed. I heard that it could be smoother just from changing out the wheels, too.

Add that and some new visuals, we have a nice refurb.
In your opinion. :zipit:
That's the point!:sohappy::lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom