**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Disneyfalcon

I'm afraid it was okay until our Disney names triggered a closer look. It's okay. If they won't listen to reason tomorrow, we can find somewhere else.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The problem is that the way Zazzle structures the store creation you can't opt-out of any royalties. Royalties accumulate per item sold. There's no way to disable it like Cafe Press has. So, they're going to say I was making money off a Disney image. I don't want to. I tried not to. Hell, send the royalties to Disney. Whatever. Just print our shirts and honor the coupon code.

Sans Souci

My order got kicked back. I ordered the tote and the non personalized shirt. The tote was canceled, but the t shirt was not. I can re-order the t shirt again, apparently. I have the feeling if I order the t shirt, that will get kicked back.

Haven't some people ordered items already? I want to say @Tiggerfanatic ordered items earlier.

PartOfYourWorld

Didn't get a chance to order anything, even though for some reason right now the shirt stayed in my cart there from earlier in the day, but the button is gone and everything from the store. Weird how these stores work. I used Cafe Press to order a bride sweatshirt and wrote Disney Bride and then on the front had a picture of a minnie mouse head and it had went through....was totally surprised at that...weird how certain things will get picked up and other's won't.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
More weirdness--had an email overnight that my cruise tshirts are shipping, but the logo button is missing from the order with no explanation. Oh, we'll I'm sure Kelly will get it as straightened out as it can be.

Off topic, but related to cruise preparation, I am right now a sweaty mess from the boot camp workout I just completed! :D

PolynesianPrincess

Didn't try and order anything yesterday as everyone seemed to be having issues so I'm going to wait until it's all straightened out. That makes me sad that they pulled our stuff! Don't they know who we are?!? We
are the WDWMagic Dream Girls, dang it!!! :D

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Okay. I'm gonna call in a few minutes. I fully expect them to say it's a copyright deal and too bad. **sigh** I have a headache already. :mad:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Yep. Just got off the phone with Zazzle. It's the mouse ears. She did say anyone who has placed orders that went thru can return them for a full refund. That was it. Nothing more. Guess I need to find somewhere else that will print for us. Sorry, y'all. I tried to get a review before I ever went thru the whole store process thing and was told by Zazzle that everything looked fine.

Sans Souci

Yep. Just got off the phone with Zazzle. It's the mouse ears. She did say anyone who has placed orders that went thru can return them for a full refund. That was it. Nothing more. Guess I need to find somewhere else that will print for us. Sorry, y'all. I tried to get a review before I ever went thru the whole store process thing and was told by Zazzle that everything looked fine.

Thanks for calling, Kelly. There's no need to apologize, you've done due diligence on your part. Zazzle is to blame here.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I was afraid this would happen which is why I called Zazzle when I set up the store to begin with. I knew Zazzle had licensing agreements with Disney and I really was surprised that I got an okay on the design to begin with. I know that Vista Print isn't so particular about what they print. Lots of people from another fan forum use them to print all sorts of stuff with pics of Mickey on it, etc. Bulk orders for FE stuff. I wanted to set this up so we could personalize our shirts, have front/back options, and each person could place their own order. If you go the traditional route we aren't likely to get the personalization and the order will have to be placed and shipped to 1 person. Then I would need to, in turn, ship out each person's items that they wanted. It'd create a lot of additional work. KWIM???

Chandler just came in the kitchen and saw me sitting here all teary-eyed. God bless the boy for knowing when Mom needs a hug. I feel bad. I was supposed to take him to IKEA today. Anywhoo, I told him what was up and he said, "So find someone else who will do the shirts." I explained the parameters I was trying to work with. He said, "Have you tried Spreadshirt?" Apparently that's who one of the big gamer guys he follows has a storefront set up thru. Problem is, how do I know they aren't going to decide to shoot our design down for copyright infringement as well??? Obviously calling ahead for approval doesn't mean jack.

PolynesianPrincess

I was afraid this would happen which is why I called Zazzle when I set up the store to begin with. I knew Zazzle had licensing agreements with Disney and I really was surprised that I got an okay on the design to begin with. I know that Vista Print isn't so particular about what they print. Lots of people from another fan forum use them to print all sorts of stuff with pics of Mickey on it, etc. Bulk orders for FE stuff. I wanted to set this up so we could personalize our shirts, have front/back options, and each person could place their own order. If you go the traditional route we aren't likely to get the personalization and the order will have to be placed and shipped to 1 person. Then I would need to, in turn, ship out each person's items that they wanted. It'd create a lot of additional work. KWIM???

Chandler just came in the kitchen and saw me sitting here all teary-eyed. God bless the boy for knowing when Mom needs a hug. I feel bad. I was supposed to take him to IKEA today. Anywhoo, I told him what was up and he said, "So find someone else who will do the shirts." I explained the parameters I was trying to work with. He said, "Have you tried Spreadshirt?" Apparently that's who one of the big gamer guys he follows has a storefront set up thru. Problem is, how do I know they aren't going to decide to shoot our design down for copyright infringement as well??? Obviously calling ahead for approval doesn't mean jack.

This is such a bummer :( I see people down at Disney all the time with different shirts on with Mickey and personalization and what not. I wonder where they get them done at?!? And that would be a lot of work for you to get the order and then have to ship it out for everyone. Ugh, this is frustrating. Thank you for all your doing to rectify this situation though, Kelly. You are AWESOME!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Awww, Kelly, don't be teary-eyed, not on our account!! :( ((((((virtual hugs))))))

I saw a tv commercial just last night for some online tshirt printer, wish I could remember what they were called.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
This is such a bummer :( I see people down at Disney all the time with different shirts on with Mickey and personalization and what not. I wonder where they get them done at?!? And that would be a lot of work for you to get the order and then have to ship it out for everyone. Ugh, this is frustrating. Thank you for all your doing to rectify this situation though, Kelly. You are AWESOME!!

Thanks, Darolyn. I'm still working on it. We'll figure something out.

Awww, Kelly, don't be teary-eyed, not on our account!! :( ((((((virtual hugs))))))

I saw a tv commercial just last night for some online tshirt printer, wish I could remember what they were called.

Thanks. :)

Probably was Custom Ink. They have a lot of commercials. Their structure is to do the bulk orders, not a storefront. I'm still digging around to see what I can find. Even if I have to do a bulk order, pay a local shop to do the customization, then ship to everyone. We'll get it done.

Ariel484

I don't get that either. I see tons of Etsy shops that sell Disney items and really don't understand how they get away with it.

Sorry about the shop, Kelly. :(

ratherbeinwdw

When I taught kindergarten, the librarian came into each teacher's room to make sure we didn't have anything Disney, that we made ourselves. I had a couple of the characters that I had used an overhead projector to enlarge. I had painted and cut them out and had them on one of my centers. She made me take them down. They had gotten notice that all Disney icons/characters were copyright protected and should be removed from any rooms in the system. I had put tons of work into those and didn't think since I wasn't selling them or anything, that it was okay. Wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom