Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's true, but Disney needs to start recognizing that park attractions are IPs and should be treated as such. I'm willing to bet that "it's a small world" has more name recognition than Inside Out.

I get what you're saying but in all fairness Its a Small World has been around a little while longer and people experience it every day of the year in multiple theme parks. Before it was an attraction it had no recognition.

I've wondered if turning the ride into an Inside Out attraction and creating a figment 3D show in the old Kodak theater would work? whatever they do I agree figment needs to be somewhere.

shortstop

There’s no reason WoL needs to be the health pavilion anymore. In fact, I’d rather see an IP-free new pavilion concept than see Inside Out. But I guess that’s not all too likely.

jaxonp

Ratatouille is a physically massive and expensive attraction. That is not a C/D ticket kind of scope.

All these people that want to label Rat c/d ticket lol... it’s the headliner of Wdsp and will
Be the headliner at Epcot. It is an E ticket... a weak one. Y’all need to go ride these rides and stop labeling rides based on YouTube viewings...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I know. But some, like certain bald Disney executives and some posters around here, need that breadcrumb trail to lead them down the correct, logical path. ;)

So we want an entire pavilion centered on the Id. Electroconvulsive therapy (aka Shock Treatment) ride, that would fit in with the new Disney Princess Dr Frankenfurter once the Fox deal closes. How do you make psychosocial orientation, neuroses, and mental illness into an entertaining attraction ? That's the larger question as that's what Inside Out is all about, that inner dialog.

One and Done.

Bender123

All these people that want to label Rat c/d ticket lol... it’s the headliner of Wdsp and will Be the headliner at Epcot. It is an E ticket... a weak one. Y’all need to go ride these rides and stop labeling rides based on YouTube viewings...

Ive been there...Ive been on it. Calling it a "C/D ticket" level doesn't make it a bad ride or an unpopular one, it just categorizes its scale and scope. Peter Pan was considered a C ticket ride and its one of the most popular rides in the Magic Kingdom. As for Rat being the centerpiece of WDSP, its a ride that is based on the highest grossing animated movie in French history and its a very well executed one to boot.

Rat is a fantastic, fun and well executed ride, but it also is not on par with a PotC, HM, ToT or SE in scale or scope. Don't make an assumption that that means that it is bad...its actually fantastic and fun...It just isn't a "super headliner" in the classical definition.

voodoo321

All these people that want to label Rat c/d ticket lol... it’s the headliner of Wdsp and will
Be the headliner at Epcot. It is an E ticket... a weak one. Y’all need to go ride these rides and stop labeling rides based on YouTube viewings...
I've ridden it and generously think it is a D-. Forgettable. I would guess that if you did a poll of people who have ridden it the C and D option would both beat out E. Who cares how big the building is and how much it cost. It is all about the experience. There are some that absolutely love it and think it to be an E, but I believe the consensus in DLRP is that it is a D. It will no doubt be popular and crowded for a couple of years but anything new at WDW always is. And it being the headliner at WDSP isn't exactly praise.

Haymarket2008

OK...

Cranium Command was NOT about emotions. It was actually about the body reacting to stress and how the brain works to keep things in functioning order so that the person can get through the day.

Also, Figment is not dead at Disney...
I wish I could give out more info, but I don't have it yet. Just know that there's hope for the future.

You have info, but you don’t...?

Inspired Figment

For this particular pavilion, at least at this juncture, I think you're absolutely right. While I do think the original ride had a timeless quality that could have withstood the decades had a little TLC and technological updates been performed, the time for that passed when they tore out the original ride structure. The folks who designed the original ride are long gone from the company and, even if they were to try and recreate something akin to the original, it would not be the same and would please no one. Inside Out was a great film with memorable characters and has ample creative ideas that fit perfectly with the original theme of the pavilion.
I certainly don’t agree. Inside Out was about *emotions* and the struggles of depression and growing up. The film had absolutely nothing to do with imagination or creating new things. Yes, there was the scene with Imagination Land and of course, Bing Bong. But that was supposed to represent the struggle of moving on from childhood and growing up. Imagination Land is falling apart, abandoned, and being torn down. Not to mention, Bing Bong ultimately is forgotten and fades away into the dump. So no, it doesn’t fit with the theme. If anything, it fits better in the Wonders of Life pavilion where Cranium Command once was.

KrazyKat

jim-carrey-on-the-car-oh-really-meme.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom