Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

geekza

If you look at it from the Joy angle, sure. But the movie wasn't about the imagination. It was about Riley's emotions. But I could see why you and others think it could work in Imagination.

But, I mean, Cranium Command was the inspiration, in a lot of ways, for the movie! lol. It's the perfect replacement.
I think Cranium Command was definitely an influence. I think we need to give up on the WoL pavilion returning in any sort of meaningful way, though.

Kman101

I think Cranium Command was definitely an influence. I think we need to give up on the WoL pavilion returning in any sort of meaningful way, though.

Probably.

But it could and Inside Out and BH6 gave them exactly what they needed.

CC was definitely more than an influence. Pete Docter and all that ... Do people think it belongs in Imagination because he and someone else said it does?

It seems so simple to me and makes complete sense for Inside Out to go into Wonders of Life. I'm kind of surprised it doesn't feel as obvious to some.

WDWTank

What was done was a comic that was well received even the suits in CA took notice. They could have done a Figment movie.

They don't have to recreate the original (which never should have been gutted to begin with) but they can still create a new ride that captures the spirit of the original. But unfortunately we live in a "must be IP" universe now so even I have a hard time seeing them do a new Figment ride, as much as I want them to.

Inside Out doesn't need a dark ride. I really don't need one at all. It could work for a simulator or a theater (ya know, what it was inspired by, Cranium Command ...)
But Figment is an I.P.! Do you mean massive two hours long commercials in theaters?

Kman101

But Figment is an I.P.! Do you mean massive two hours long commercials in theaters?

He's not an IP in the way they view IP's currently. I'm not saying he's not but it's not the same thing to them, IMHO. It SHOULD be. But it doesn't appear to be. Just because they market him as the mascot and take advantage of those who love him to sell plush .....

I mean a massive two hour long commercial in theaters. The comic book was a good start. But they don't seem convinced to go all in on Figment. Again, just because he's the mascot and is on merch and sells plush. That's not really a big wig thing, Iger hasn't demanded Figment be the park mascot ;) . That's merchandise designing what sells. I think it all matters and Figment should be viewed as a successful IP, but I don't think they view him that way. It sucks but it's just how I see it. I don't think they value him enough right now to devote a new ride to him. But they should. And I hope beyond hope I'm wrong in how they view him.

geekza

CC was definitely more than an influence. Pete Docter and all that ... Do people think it belongs in Imagination because he and someone else said it does?
I think it's just that those "in the know" have said that was being discussed, so we're bandying about ideas of how it could work. I agree that the film probably is a better fit for WoL, but nothing has really come out that Disney is even considering redoing the pavilion. I think at this point, they've kind of given up on a cohesive theme for Epcot and are simply using it as Magic Kingdom 2 with World Showcase. Frozen and GotG have made that pretty clear.

brb1006

The only reason I want that to happen is for Disney to finally understand how important the original version of the ride is and find a way to keep the spirit of the original version if they ever make a new version.

FigmentJedi

Probably.

But it could and Inside Out and BH6 gave them exactly what they needed.

It seems so simple to me and makes complete sense for Inside Out to go into Wonders of Life. I'm kind of surprised it doesn't feel as obvious to some.
Figment has a cameo in the trash in the movie. Also, people making a lot out of the idea of "Imagination Land", even though it was a very reductive take on creativity in just being "Floor is Lava Games" and a Husbando Generator.

WDWTank

I think it's just that those "in the know" have said that was being discussed, so we're bandying about ideas of how it could work. I agree that the film probably is a better fit for WoL, but nothing has really come out that Disney is even considering redoing the pavilion. I think at this point, they've kind of given up on a cohesive theme for Epcot and are simply using it as Magic Kingdom 2 with World Showcase. Frozen and GotG have made that pretty clear.
I’ll fix that!.....bbbuuuuuttt I need to finish school first ;)

RSoxNo1

He's not an IP in the way they view IP's currently. I'm not saying he's not but it's not the same thing to them, IMHO. It SHOULD be. But it doesn't appear to be. Just because they market him as the mascot and take advantage of those who love him to sell plush .....

I mean a massive two hour long commercial in theaters. The comic book was a good start. But they don't seem convinced to go all in on Figment. Again, just because he's the mascot and is on merch and sells plush. That's not really a big wig thing, Iger hasn't demanded Figment be the park mascot ;) . That's merchandise designing what sells. I think it all matters and Figment should be viewed as a successful IP, but I don't think they view him that way. It sucks but it's just how I see it. I don't think they value him enough right now to devote a new ride to him. But they should. And I hope beyond hope I'm wrong in how they view him.
It's true, but Disney needs to start recognizing that park attractions are IPs and should be treated as such. I'm willing to bet that "it's a small world" has more name recognition than Inside Out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom