Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Kman101

Inside Out's best fit is clearly the Imagination Pavilion. Should it replace Figment? Highly debatable. The current attraction is nothing worth saving, but Figment is iconic.

Inside Out should definitely take over the theater, though.

Inside Out isn't really about the imagination though (not in the way people think it's a great fit for a Figment replacement). It's about emotions. Cranium Command is what it should replace. It can go in the Imagination theater, that's fine. It's much more fitting for Wonders of Life.

geekza

What was done was a comic that was well received even the suits in CA took notice. They could have done a Figment movie.
While that's true and the comic was a lot of fun, I'm wondering how many more films based upon attractions Disney will make? None of them outside of the Pirates films have been successful and even they have been declining in popularity, with the last one barely making half of what the first one did. I think it will all come down to the performance of the upcoming Jungle Cruise film. Disney seems content with remaking their animated films as only slightly-less animated films these days (except for Lion King, which is almost 100% animated).

brb1006

Inside Out's best fit is clearly the Imagination Pavilion. Should it replace Figment? Highly debatable. The current attraction is nothing worth saving, but Figment is iconic.

Inside Out would work better at Wonders Of Life if it ever get's reopened in the future. But that's not saying much.

brb1006

While that's true and the comic was a lot of fun, I'm wondering how many more films based upon attractions Disney will make? None of them outside of the Pirates films have been successful and even they have been declining in popularity, with the last one barely making half of what the first one did. I think it will all come down to the performance of the upcoming Jungle Cruise film. Disney seems content with remaking their animated films as only slightly-less animated films these days (except for Lion King, which is almost 100% animated).
A Journey Into Imagination would work much better in animated form compared to previous Live-Action films based on Disney Attractions. Especially since animated films has a bigger audience (Not dissing Live-Action movies though).

Kman101

Personally I think the JC movie is a mistake based on their history and they have a lot of live action "bombs" but I know many jump on 'The Rock' bandwagon but I doubt even he can make this a hit. But who knows?

Pirates was a success.

I think a Figment movie could have worked. We certainly didn't need a remake of Pete's Dragon, even if the film was ok. Could have been a Dreamfinder/Figment movie. I think in the age of Marvel and SW being so popular this was the time. It has a built in fan base. Not sure it would translate to high enough ticket sales but who knows? They could have been marketing Figment better for years now to capitalize on him.

I'd like them to be invested in Figment going forward but I question it. I know many think it's a sure thing because of plush sales and he's popular, but I still don't think they value him enough to greenlit a new ride featuring him right now. JMO. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

brb1006

I don't understand why Disney has never pushed for a new Figment animated tv show in order to help keep the character fresh in the public's eye. It would be a great fit for Disney channel or Disney junior. Just sayin'.....
There was the "Dreamfinders" show that was planned to air as part of the original Disney Channel lineup back in 1983 starring Dreamfinder and Figment that never got aired.

The closest Disney ever gotten to making a TV show starring Figment was an edutainment series called "Language Arts Through Imagination" that was made for public schools back in the late 1980's.

Here's a link that has all the episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuL0d0AOafoeP_3inPxbnjxRweElG7k-9

Here's an episode

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Inside Out isn't really about the imagination though (not in the way people think it's a great fit for a Figment replacement). It's about emotions. Cranium Command is what it should replace. It can go in the Imagination theater, that's fine. It's much more fitting for Wonders of Life.

Inside Out would work better at Wonders Of Life if it ever get's reopened in the future. But that's not saying much.

Disagree. Wonders of Life is about the body and how it works, and Cranium Command was about how your brain controls your body.

Inside Out is about your thoughts. Something not as tangible as your actual body parts. The main antagonist of the movie is really her imaginary friend, after all.

geekza

I'd be down with a Dreamfinder and Figment film, but it would need to avoid being too dark. It did my heart good to see the Paddington films retain the sweet and upbeat nature of the original stories. We have enough darkness and confusion in the real world these days.

geekza

Inside Out is about your thoughts. Something not as tangible as your actual body parts. The main antagonist of the movie is really her imaginary friend, after all.
Actually, there isn't a personified antagonist in the film. The antagonist is the struggle of growing up and trying not to lose one's childlike sense of hope and wonder. Still, the characters and settings could absolutely work in a ride focused on imagination.

brb1006

Disagree. Wonders of Life is about the body and how it works, and Cranium Command was about how your brain controls your body.

Inside Out has not antagonist (In villain form at least).

Phil12

According to Toontown polling data, Figment has a very low approval rating and a very low recognition rating as well. It's obvious that the people want Stitch as he goes through the roof on the cute and fluffy index.
1526324320135.png

Kamikaze

Inside Out has not antagonist (In villain form at least).

Actually, there isn't a personified antagonist in the film. The antagonist is the struggle of growing up and trying not to lose one's childlike sense of hope and wonder. Still, the characters and settings could absolutely work in a ride focused on imagination.

Bing Bong is the antagonist of the film. He pushes the protagonist to the conclusion of the movie. Just because he's not a 'villain' doesn't mean he's not the antagonist.

brb1006

I'd be down with a Dreamfinder and Figment film, but it would need to avoid being too dark. It did my heart good to see the Paddington films retain the sweet and upbeat nature of the original stories. We have enough darkness and confusion in the real world these days.
I would picture a Journey Into Imagination movie combining elements of the Marvel Figment comics while still keeping the charm and whimsical feeling as the original. Another reason I love the Figment comics was that the later stories introduced an antagonist called The Doubtfinder (Who was a nightmarish version of Dreamfinder) who was a personification of Dreamfinder's doubts and fears. While the arc wasn't to dark, it gave some emotional depth between Dreamfinder and Figment.
latest

I own two hardcover versions of the Marvel Figment. Just reading the stories is just screaming to be adapted into an animated feature film. It would be a perfect way to reintroduce the duo to the public.

FigmentJedi

Inside Out is a movie about tiny people in a teenager's brain trying to successfully get a kid through their life as an adolescent okay. And one of the tiny people involved in brain piloting is a short-tempered loudmouth. It's pretty much just Cranium Command with "representations of how the mind works" instead of the parts of the body.

If they were to re-imagine Wonders of Life with that health theme, Inside Out would be a way to get Mental Health in there right alongside Physical Health.

Kman101

If you look at it from the Joy angle, sure. But the movie wasn't about the imagination. It was about Riley's emotions. But I could see why you and others think it could work in Imagination.

But, I mean, Cranium Command was the inspiration, in a lot of ways, for the movie! lol. It's the perfect replacement.

brb1006

If you look at it from the Joy angle, sure. But the movie wasn't about the imagination. It was about Riley's emotions. But I could see why you and others think it could work in Imagination.

But, I mean, Cranium Command was the inspiration, in a lot of ways, for the movie! lol. It's the perfect replacement.
Fun fact, one of the older drafts for Inside Out was originally going to have an antagonist called "Gloom" but was scrapped since it was too close to depression.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom