1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Just4Pics, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Just4Pics

Just4Pics Well-Known Member

The DIS is reporting that 'multiple reliable sources' are saying that Inside Out will replace Figment at the Imagination pavilion.

I couldn't find this anywhere on this site. Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe this was one of the announcements they held back on at D23. I know this rumor has been around a while, but this is new reporting saying that this is definitely in the works.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...o-imagination-will-be-replaced-by-inside-out/

2. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

I sure hope not.

3. Kram Sacul

Kram Sacul Well-Known Member

4. JonnyK

JonnyK Active Member

Oh Please dont let this be true, but would love to see it being restored back to its orginal version or an update it with an trackless system.

5. Just4Pics

Just4Pics Well-Known Member Original Poster

I agree. They seem to be giving out trackless systems left and right. They should throw one at Figment :)

WDWTank, Speedy71, bee and 5 others like this.
  6. Madame Medusa

Madame Medusa Active Member

Hallelujah! I love Inside Out and hate the Imagination ride, possibly the worst and most barren ride in the entire park. Whatever replaces it will be MUCH better (yes I rode the original...that was awful too).

[​IMG]

Kailee, ryguy, Zipitidoda and 6 others like this.
  7. Padraig

Padraig Well-Known Member

Epcot's Journey into Imagination replaced with an IP based attraction.... Irony.

8. Madame Medusa

Well, Inside Out was far more imaginative than the concept of "imagination" as presented on the ride, a vague and ambiguous bunch of nothing sung about by a horribly designed and irritating purple dragon.

9. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

Well I have heard about this rumor but I have also heard about Figment as a character remaining present at the park. So its either two attractions or one combining the two (which i hope not).

10. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

Just bulldoze Epcot and get it over with Disney

11. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

5dde3205e8ce789383045d6ab3d6cc78--epcot-gift-shops.jpg

12. Madame Medusa

The ride is literally always empty when I go on it, so I'm not the only one who dislikes it.

Inside Out will likely be a massive hit.

13. Johnny Hess

Johnny Hess Member

I don't dislike Journey into Imagination (actually go out of my way to ride it, I think it's cute)...but I think most of us can agree that it's time for something - anything - new.

bee, jyn erso, dreamscometrue and 3 others like this.
  14. STITCHGEFAN

STITCHGEFAN Member

If an IP is to lead that area of the park, Inside Out is a good fit.

But the IPCOT taunts are vindicated if this is true. Don't think this is a good move.

Speedy71, thehowiet, jyn erso and 5 others like this.
  15. deeevo

deeevo Well-Known Member

I wish I could see the results of that survey. I am guessing they will be move here.

[​IMG]

16. WDWBear84

WDWBear84 Member

Anything you needed to hear about the plans for EPCOT were said at the presentation. They feel the park isn't "Disney" enough and it needs more Disney. So look for IPs to probably show up in every area of the park even if it dosent belong.

Peter Pano likes this.
  17. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

It's been discussed for several months now. Not exactly new news.

The IP has been proposed for the pavilion as a possibility. Nothing is planned for a good 5-6 years at the moment.

tokelazor, Zipitidoda, Sloan and 74 others like this.
  18. Madame Medusa

By what metric is this not a good move? The ride will be more popular in terms of attendance and satisfaction...it couldn't really get much worse. At the end of the day that's all that matters in determining whether or not it's a good move. So a few people on the internet care about too much IP in EPCOT, the vast majority of the public doesn't care, and I mean vast. And they'll be happy to see a new and innovative Inside Out attraction, which has a lot of potential as a concept.

But the IP argument aside, I can't imagine why ANYONE, diehard fan or not, would care about this attraction being changed. Imagination in its current form is the epitome of a "no one cares" ride just taking up space. It's a shame such a beautiful and majestic pavilion hosts such a lackluster ride.

19. Madame Medusa

Inside Out also fits. It's literally PART OF THE MOVIE
    [​IMG]

20. MerlinTheGoat

MerlinTheGoat Well-Known Member

The lead director and writer of the movie was one of the imagineers who created Cranium Command, and that attraction was effectively Inside Out's inspiration. If they MUST shoehorn IP into Epcot then go plop Inside Out there. Or you know, don't, and stop linking everything to a movie. Yeah I know, ridiculous idea.

Dreamfinder is still waiting for his return. Get Tony Baxter involved (LMAO) and get him to work his magic once again. I would actually be perfectly satisfied with a return of the original ride. The current ride occupying the space is trash, as is the personality they gave Figment. But the original version was one of Disney's absolute best.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017