Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

GlacierGlacier

I was just asking becauseI was just at Epcot 2 weeks ago and I didn't see it. Thought i missed a soft opening.
What is a c/d ride? LOL I've been a Disney regular for 10 years and I swear I still don't know 1/2 of this stuff.
Rat is still in the early stages of construction.

Disney used to operate on a ticket system for attractions, ranging from A to E. A ticket rides were the simplest and (if I remember) the cheapest to do. As you walked down the alphabet to E it became more complicated attractions and more expensive. E-tickets are big guys like ToT, Big Thunder, RnRc, anything that is traditionally a headlining ride. Around the C-D range is the mid-range stuff that is enjoyable but not something people will wait in several hour lines to ride. It's like NRJ.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was just asking becauseI was just at Epcot 2 weeks ago and I didn't see it. Thought i missed a soft opening.
What is a c/d ride? LOL I've been a Disney regular for 10 years and I swear I still don't know 1/2 of this stuff.

As in C Ticket, D Ticket, and E Ticket.

Rich T

I miss the Ticket Books! :)
aticket.jpg

bticket.jpg

Cticket.jpg

dticket.jpg
eticket.jpg

These are from different years, and note that at one point Alice (pre-remodel) got demoted. I was really ticket off about that. :D

Bender123

No I didn't, that's why I was wondering how they graded it. I have absolutely no idea with DLP has.

So next question, is it slated to be exactly like the ride at DLP?

"They" never graded it. Im just going off experience with the ride, the original category and the experience on the WDW rides. Its screens and sets, is about 5 minutes long and tells a simple story. If I were to put it on a ranking, as a ride, its right around the experience you would expect on a traditional dark ride. Think Toy Story, but its an actual story/ride and not just a station to station shooting gallery.

NelsonRD

but just because there is nothing else like it, doesn't make it good. has Ratatouille opened up at Epcot or did you ride it else where?

Imagination is one of those things we do while we wait for someone to use the bathroom. now I admit, I have testosterone hyped boys. Even little Figment was not their type of character. Batman and Robin? yes. Xmen Yes. Figment?? not even close.
They enjoyed "honey I shrunk the kids" show when it was there.

Do you think Imagination isn't good? Why?

The fact that there is nothing else like it, is what makes it good. If it was terrible, I would compare it to other dark rides at smaller parks, then claim it is terrible because I can experience something similar without Disney magic at a 6 flags.

I rode the Rat ride over the summer on our family trip to Paris. I have been a hard critic of it since then.

- Imagination has a story, has physical sets, a catchy tune, and doesnt require glasses.
- Imageworks is in poor condition, but so is what is left of innoventions, which is less excusable.
- Ratatouille is trackless, but that doesnt make it a good attraction, is screen based with limited physical sets, and has no coherent story.

The point is, I am glad Epcot is getting something new, but Ratatouille is worse than Imagination, and everybody seems to have a bone to pick with Imagination, but is already defending Ratatouille.

lazyboy97o

Rat is a fine C/D ticket ride. Its a great at accomplishing what it sets out to do. If you are expecting a ToT level ride, then you are in for disappointment. Its a fine ride, just don't get your hopes up thinking its a superheadliner.
Ratatouille is a physically massive and expensive attraction. That is not a C/D ticket kind of scope.

eliza61nyc

Do you think Imagination isn't good? Why?

The fact that there is nothing else like it, is what makes it good. If it was terrible, I would compare it to other dark rides at smaller parks, then claim it is terrible because I can experience something similar without Disney magic at a 6 flags.

I rode the Rat ride over the summer on our family trip to Paris. I have been a hard critic of it since then.

- Imagination has a story, has physical sets, a catchy tune, and doesnt require glasses.
- Imageworks is in poor condition, but so is what is left of innoventions, which is less excusable.
- Ratatouille is trackless, but that doesnt make it a good attraction, is screen based with limited physical sets, and has no coherent story.

The point is, I am glad Epcot is getting something new, but Ratatouille is worse than Imagination, and everybody seems to have a bone to pick with Imagination, but is already defending Ratatouille.

lol not me, as you saw with my other post I didn't even know it (Ratatouille) was in existence until you commented on it. Just as with Star wars land, toy story land and GoTG rides I'm reserving critiquing until I actually ride it.

There is/was nothing else like the great movie ride and that ride was old, boring, horrible play acting from the cm's made it simply brutal to be on. I know I'm in the minority but I'm beyond happy it being replaced. so imo unique does not automatically translate to good. Captain Eo was unique to Epcot also and that was 7 minutes of my life I can never get back.

I didn't hate imagination, my kids really quickly outgrew it by the time they were say 6. cool colors and such, they simply weren't into figment and nowadays with kids having technology from birth up, there wasn't much for them to "imagine". they liked the little water acrobatics outside the pavilion better than they did what was inside.

We haven't been to that pavilion in the last 5 or 6 visits.

Phil12

I love that the Country Bears and the Tiki Room were E ticket attractions.
The Tiki Room was downgraded to an E ticket. It was personally owned by Walt Disney and you couldn't use any of the tickets from the ticket book for the Tiki Room. It had its own separate ticket booth and it was the most expensive attraction in the park. Walt was building his fortune.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom