Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Figjam

I've been a lurker here up until now, but I just have to pipe up here and point out that in the "World Nature" part of the presentation the concept art seems to very deliberately include only the Land and the Seas pavilions, so I'd venture to assume the Imagination Pavilion is definitely not in World Nature.

Then again, it's not really mentioned or showed anywhere else, so maybe they just want to pretend it doesn't exist...like a figment...of our imaginations...

D23 Parks Presentation World Nature Screenshot.PNG

I'll go back to lurking now, bye. 😶

RSoxNo1

I've been a lurker here up until now, but I just have to pipe up here and point out that in the "World Nature" part of the presentation the concept art seems to very deliberately include only the Land and the Seas pavilions, so I'd venture to assume the Imagination Pavilion is definitely not in World Nature.

Then again, it's not really mentioned or showed anywhere else, so maybe they just want to pretend it doesn't exist...like a figment...of our imaginations...

View attachment 403049

I'll go back to lurking now, bye. 😶
Imagination is not part of World Nature. I have very little objection to the definitions they established in Future World. They effectively defined what we already knew about Future World East and West while also acknowledging the components that don't really fit in either (SSE and JIIWF).

Goofyernmost

The DIS is reporting that 'multiple reliable sources' are saying that Inside Out will replace Figment at the Imagination pavilion.
Hey guys, I have some really exciting news. I figure it needed it's own thread since it's separate to the current one about Inside Out, and both could happen in some way.

Figment is a serious contender for the reImagination of the pavilion. The budget remains from previous proposals, and I am just as surprised as you are.
One, or possibly both, of these revelations is incorrect. However, if I were to "make a wish" I'd go with wanting it to be Inside Out. From the moment I saw the movie my first thought was... Wow, this would make a good, colorful and interesting dark ride. They have already shown how badly they were able to screw up the original, with or without, Figment. I'd hate to think that they would be given the go ahead to screw it up even more. They don't seem to grasp the idea of imagination like the original imagineers and have put the hatchet to absolutely everything that made it what it was, so lets not go any further. Keep the building because it is awesome in design just fill it and make it something that utilizes the entire thing. A place that makes the amount of money that WDW does has no excuse to be that damn lazy.

UNCgolf

I think the time may have already passed for them to change it into an Inside Out ride. If everything we've heard is correct, and it's going to be another 5-6 years before a new Imagination ride is open, that would make it 10 years since Inside Out was released. If they don't have plans for a sequel (and they certainly could), I think it's more likely they'd tie it in to a more recent IP.

FigmentJedi

One, or possibly both, of these revelations is incorrect. However, if I were to "make a wish" I'd go with wanting it to be Inside Out. From the moment I saw the movie my first thought was... Wow, this would make a good, colorful and interesting dark ride. They have already shown how badly they were able to screw up the original, with or without, Figment. I'd hate to think that they would be given the go ahead to screw it up even more. They don't seem to grasp the idea of imagination like the original imagineers and have put the hatchet to absolutely everything that made it what it was, so lets not go any further. Keep the building because it is awesome in design just fill it and make it something that utilizes the entire thing. A place that makes the amount of money that WDW does has no excuse to be that damn lazy.
Inside Out had an even more shallow grasp on the concept of Imagination then what's in there now. A "The Floor is Lava machine"? A "Shapes in the Clouds" town? A "Husbando Generator"? A pink hobo clown Snuffleupagus that has to commit suicide to be of any value? Terrible thing to put in Imagination.

Homemade Imagineering

Inside Out had an even more shallow grasp on the concept of Imagination then what's in there now. A "The Floor is Lava machine"? A "Shapes in the Clouds" town? A "Husbando Generator"? A pink hobo clown Snuffleupagus that has to commit suicide to be of any value? Terrible thing to put in Imagination.
I agree, figment and dreamfinder should Definately be reintroduced with new tech. Now, Disney really missed an opportunity to put inside out into the former cranium command space. Hopefully the new play pavilion keeps the cranium command theatre intact in some way for a new attraction, because now would be the time to do it, but I’m not sure if Disney is already using the space for an expansion of the pavilion or something else.

trainplane3

I agree, figment and dreamfinder should Definately be reintroduced with new tech. Now, Disney really missed an opportunity to put inside out into the former cranium command space. Hopefully the new play pavilion keeps the cranium command theatre intact in some way for a new attraction, because now would be the time to do it, but I’m not sure if Disney is already using the space for an expansion of the pavilion or something else.
The Body Wars and CC areas are not going to be used as of right now. The "attractions" are going to be centered around the middle and outer edges of the dome (according to the one who lacks sleeves on his shirt). Apparently part of the Body Wars extended queue may be used but that's it.

Goofyernmost

I guessing that it will no longer be the "Imagination" pavilion. No one that works for Disney anymore has an imagination. If they did that building wouldn't be so pathetically empty all these years. It can be the "Emotions" Pavilion. We all have emotions, but non-paranoid imagination is hard to find.

FigmentJedi

Now this is what the new imagination attraction should be like with the return of figment and dreamfinder!

Or leave Meow Wolf alone with the Imagination Pavilion and see what sort of environment they could put Figment and Dreamfinder in. I mean, this is what they were able to do with an old Ghost Blasters installation in a regional park. Just think what they could do with some Disney backing.

solidyne

Or leave Meow Wolf alone with the Imagination Pavilion and see what sort of environment they could put Figment and Dreamfinder in. I mean, this is what they were able to do with an old Ghost Blasters installation in a regional park. Just think what they could do with some Disney backing.

Yeah, the Meow Wolf in Santa Fe is pretty wild, too. I'd love to see their creativity but with a Disney budget. (No "cardboard cutouts.")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom