Incredibles to replace COP?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
General Grizz.......damn those were the days at WDWMAGIC:ROFLOL: :rolleyes:
Ahhh yes. The days of the D-army, pictures of paint chips and burned out lights and the general declining by degrees attitude.

Quite frankly I like where we are today much more than the good old days.

Expo_Seeker40

My solution would be to move the CoP where it would be in a more relevant area. I.e. Innoventions....major floorspace required :lookaroun

An extension to "One Man's Dream"

Off of Main Street somehow, somewhere

In liberty square. Taking out the buildings and the path that runs from adventureland to liberty square.

I would have one theater to be used as load and unload. Guests enter from right side of the theater and guests are moving across and leaving from the left side.

The theater would once again rotate clockwise. Not counterclockwise like it does now, but ehh who's being picky. ;)

The single load and unload theater would once again have a fullpiece band and orchestra playing "beautiful tomorrow". Glitzy silver curtains with a kaleidophonic screen.

Act One 1890s would remain, as would the 1920s, and 1940s, but can easily be dressed to their world's fair counterparts. The final scene would end in the 1960s as it originally did.

Now because we have an unused theater....they could have a bonus ending of showing how far we have come since walt disney's original world's fair creation.

The show would need to be updated say every 10 years. A script would be permanent for the load/unload theater, as well as acts 1-4, but a new cast would have to be hired to reread the script let alone a new script comissioned for an updated ending.

OR to save money...the ride can be restored back to it's world's fair version, and won't have to to be updated, and can be billed as a nostalgic look but at the future, a ride created by walt disney, etc, etc and how expo_seeker led a battle to save it, including commemorative pins at the exit to the ride. :lol:

JimboJones123

My solution would be to move the CoP where it would be in a more relevant area. I.e. Innoventions....major floorspace required :lookaroun

An extension to "One Man's Dream"

Off of Main Street somehow, somewhere

In liberty square. Taking out the buildings and the path that runs from adventureland to liberty square.

I would have one theater to be used as load and unload. Guests enter from right side of the theater and guests are moving across and leaving from the left side.

The theater would once again rotate clockwise. Not counterclockwise like it does now, but ehh who's being picky. ;)

The single load and unload theater would once again have a fullpiece band and orchestra playing "beautiful tomorrow". Glitzy silver curtains with a kaleidophonic screen.

Act One 1890s would remain, as would the 1920s, and 1940s, but can easily be dressed to their world's fair counterparts. The final scene would end in the 1960s as it originally did.

Now because we have an unused theater....they could have a bonus ending of showing how far we have come since walt disney's original world's fair creation.

The show would need to be updated say every 10 years. A script would be permanent for the load/unload theater, as well as acts 1-4, but a new cast would have to be hired to reread the script let alone a new script comissioned for an updated ending.

OR to save money...the ride can be restored back to it's world's fair version, and won't have to to be updated, and can be billed as a nostalgic look but at the future, a ride created by walt disney, etc, etc and how expo_seeker led a battle to save it, including commemorative pins at the exit to the ride. :lol:
Sounds to high concept. I'm with Lee. Scrap the .

Timmay

There are only a few options.
-Dump a load of money into it and update every scene. Space the time intervals out differently, and try to move it forward. (So what, then we could maybe have 1900, 1940, 1980, 2020?)
-Keep bumping up the final scene every few years. We've seen that won't help.
-Leave it alone to draw minimal crowds and take up space.
-Pull it out, say thanks for it's years of service, and replace it with a more modern, guest friendly attraction.

Seem obvious to me.:rolleyes:

Ah, yep...onward and upward.

dxwwf3

There are only a few options.
-Dump a load of money into it and update every scene. Space the time intervals out differently, and try to move it forward. (So what, then we could maybe have 1900, 1940, 1980, 2020?)
-Keep bumping up the final scene every few years. We've seen that won't help.
-Leave it alone to draw minimal crowds and take up space.
-Pull it out, say thanks for it's years of service, and replace it with a more modern, guest friendly attraction.

Seem obvious to me.:rolleyes:

Looking at Tomorrowland's recent track record, it seems obvious to me too :p

In all seriousness, I don't see why a "load" of money has to be dumped into it, unless they spent that much to do the '94 rehab. Something along those lines is all the attraction really needs, IMO.

CThaddeus

I guess I must just be messed up. I fell in love with Disney World for all the reasons many seem now to dislike it. I was blown away by two Magic Kingdom attractions Disneyland doesn't have - Carousel of Progress and the Timekeeper. At EPCOT, I was similarly awed by Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Wonders of Life, Food Rocks!, the original Journey Into Imagination, and all of the edu-tainment around me. And at Disney-MGM, I found The Great Movie Ride and Muppet-Vision to be far superior to the incredibly overrated Tower of Terror or Rock n' Rollercoaster. Now, little by little I'm seeing my reasons for wanting to visit Disney World get ripped out or left to rot by WDW management and many "fans" don't seem to mind. These are classic Disney. No, they're not there for cheap thrills. They're there to tell a story. Some of us still like attractions with a story (and have attention spans longer than a gnat's). If the story has gotten outdated and attendance has dropped, that's Disney's fault for not doing the upkeep. Lately, it seems like all Disney does is just let an attraction fall into disrepair and then kill it for some low budget piece of nonsense to capitalize on a recent fad, movie, or TV show. Some here seem to think putting money into an attraction with waning attendance is a bad thing. Really? If Carousel of Progress is so unwanted by WDW visitors, give it back to Disneyland. I, for one, would appreciate having a classic back, and hopefully people like Tony Baxter would make sure it stays fresh and slightly futuristic. He helped revive the Subs, he can certainly do this.
Keep up the good fight Expo_Seeker40! Carousel of Progress deserves far better than what it has gotten of late. At this rate, all of the classic attractions (and my reasons for falling in love with Disney Parks) will be gone in 20 years. I certainly wouldn't be as interested in going to a Park where every attraction is nothing but interactive video screens ala Crush and Laugh Floor.

dxwwf3

Some here seem to think putting money into an attraction with waning attendance is a bad thing. Really? If Carousel of Progress is so unwanted by WDW visitors, give it back to Disneyland.

Now that's not a bad idea at all. It would probably be more appreciated there anyways.

Shere_Khan

Some of us still like attractions with a story (and have attention spans longer than a gnat's). If the story has gotten outdated and attendance has dropped, that's Disney's fault for not doing the upkeep. Lately, it seems like all Disney does is just let an attraction fall into disrepair and then kill it for some low budget piece of nonsense to capitalize on a recent fad, movie, or TV show.

Amen to that!!!

Expo_Seeker40

I couldn't resist. :dazzle:

867vdrb.jpg

Maerj

Move it to the Wonders of Life area. Update that last scene but keep the whole attaction as a look at life through the 20th century. In the final scene have a line that says something like "You've just seen how technology has helped us progress through the 20th Century, now step beyond this door and imagine your future!" You exit into another attraction where you see where the future might take us then you help to design one possible future. Essentially making COP a pre-show to a new attraction that could be the Horizons 2.0 that so many want.

DisneyGigi

I guess I must just be messed up. I fell in love with Disney World for all the reasons many seem now to dislike it. I was blown away by two Magic Kingdom attractions Disneyland doesn't have - Carousel of Progress and the Timekeeper. At EPCOT, I was similarly awed by Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Wonders of Life, Food Rocks!, the original Journey Into Imagination, and all of the edu-tainment around me. And at Disney-MGM, I found The Great Movie Ride and Muppet-Vision to be far superior to the incredibly overrated Tower of Terror or Rock n' Rollercoaster. Now, little by little I'm seeing my reasons for wanting to visit Disney World get ripped out or left to rot by WDW management and many "fans" don't seem to mind. These are classic Disney. No, they're not there for cheap thrills. They're there to tell a story. Some of us still like attractions with a story (and have attention spans longer than a gnat's). If the story has gotten outdated and attendance has dropped, that's Disney's fault for not doing the upkeep. Lately, it seems like all Disney does is just let an attraction fall into disrepair and then kill it for some low budget piece of nonsense to capitalize on a recent fad, movie, or TV show. Some here seem to think putting money into an attraction with waning attendance is a bad thing. Really? If Carousel of Progress is so unwanted by WDW visitors, give it back to Disneyland. I, for one, would appreciate having a classic back, and hopefully people like Tony Baxter would make sure it stays fresh and slightly futuristic. He helped revive the Subs, he can certainly do this.
Keep up the good fight Expo_Seeker40! Carousel of Progress deserves far better than what it has gotten of late. At this rate, all of the classic attractions (and my reasons for falling in love with Disney Parks) will be gone in 20 years. I certainly wouldn't be as interested in going to a Park where every attraction is nothing but interactive video screens ala Crush and Laugh Floor.

Excellent post & if you are messed up I am too and so are my thrill ride/video game/plasma TV crazed kids. They love it especially DS. :shrug:

DougK

I hope they keep CoP just as it is, or even revert it back to the 1964 version. It's not like they need the space, they have "the blessing of size" as a wise man once said.

So let's keep it as a tribute to Walt, a nostalgic look at the 20th century, what's wrong with that? Does every atttaction have to set attendance records to stay open?

I will be very upset if they close Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. There is NO GOOD REASON to do so.

disneypearl

I hope they keep CoP just as it is, or even revert it back to the 1964 version. It's not like they need the space, they have "the blessing of size" as a wise man once said.

So let's keep it as a tribute to Walt, a nostalgic look at the 20th century, what's wrong with that? Does every atttaction have to set attendance records to stay open?

I will be very upset if they close Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. There is NO GOOD REASON to do so.

I agree. There is no good reason to close Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. It will not happen.

GenerationX

CoP is a quaint, kitschy two-star attraction. The average park visitor does not put CoP on their "Must See" list. There are old attractions that are entertaining - HM, DL's PotC - because they tell a story in a way that still dazzles people. CoP no longer dazzles. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Astro_Digital

Finally somebody hit the nail on the head. They could leave Carousel of Progress alone and build something new somewhere else.

But the way the are going they will likely fix it like the fixed the Enhanced Tiki Room dumb it down.:hammer:

DougK

CoP is a quaint, kitschy two-star attraction. The average park visitor does not put CoP on their "Must See" list. There are old attractions that are entertaining - HM, DL's PotC - because they tell a story in a way that still dazzles people. CoP no longer dazzles. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Again I say, why does every attraction have to dazzle us? I am not against change, I am not saying they should never get rid of anything. But as the years go by and Walt Disney himself is further removed from the WDW experience, I see no harm in keeping CoP. They have plenty of room for many other attractions due to the foresight of Walt and Roy Disney after learning from their Disneyland experience. I think it's kind of cool that this attraction was worked on by the man himself.

Consider this: if he were alive today Mr. Disney would no doubt be amazed at the internet and seqways. But he would probably still like boat rides and trains too.

It doesn't ALL have to be new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom