Incredibles to replace COP?

GenerationX

Every attraction should dazzle us. Those that don't are just filler. As far as filler goes, CoP is great: indoors, mildly amusing, nostalgic. So, if WDW is going to keep some filler around (Tea Cups, Small World, Astro Orbiter, etc.), I agree that CoP is a good one to keep. Ditto for the WDW Railroad, which doubles as transportation. However, CoP has the unfortunate luck of being located in an area large enough to house something with more entertainment value.

As for old vs. new, CoP is not in the same league as some of its fellow "older" attractions. The Haunted Mansion, for example, still dazzles people to this day. I've never heard any rumor that it may be replaced.

We all have our favorite low-key filler attraction (I love TSI), but we have to recognize their existence is more fragile than their dazzling counterparts.

Tim G

Finally somebody hit the nail on the head. They could leave Carousel of Progress alone and build something new somewhere else.

But the way the are going they will likely fix it like the fixed the Enhanced Tiki Room dumb it down.:hammer:
Please refrase to "finally someone who says I'm right" which you're not btw.

Wether you like it or not, C.O.P. will be closed...

Tim G

Wouldn't really surprise me. The Magic Kingdom is a joke right now, but unfortunately the attendance numbers aren't going down for the park.
Indeed, I wish they did... maybe then they would understand... :rolleyes:

It's too late for another rebuilding of Tomorrowland.

Oh well... the Disney era (as we know it) is over... the Pixar era has begun...(Yikes!) :(

That's life... and sometimes life sucks.

dxwwf3

I can only hope. When you step into Disneyland park, you see how this type of park is really supposed to be done. But it took letting the park get into terrible shape before things got turned around. Maybe the same will have to happen in Florida before anything good can get started.

Tim G

I'm in for ousting this CEO...

With Robert Iger gone, the power of Pixar would be little, as a human he's a nice guy, but as long as Steve Jobs is looking over his shoulder, Disney will be lost.

And don't tell me "Pixar IS Disney" it was a corporate take over staged by Steve Jobs, and everyone agreed... (I didn't)

Disney was raided.

optjay

Question, when was the last time you waited in a line for this ride? When was the last time you didn't just walk on? My answers: never and never. There's no line because people don't really like the ride, think it's outdated, think it's hokey...That's the reason to get rid of it. It does not draw.

The same can be said of Stitches not so great anything attraction.

dxwwf3

I'm in for ousting this CEO...

Well a lot of good has come to the parks during his time as CEO though. I don't know how much he's had to do with it, but he was in charge during the time. Yes the work had started beforehand, but he was there when DL had the 50th Anniversary that was a HUGE success. He was also on board when the Submarine Voyage was built at Disneyland, which is the best marriage of nostalgia and current technology that I've seen in the parks and is one of the top 5 attractions at the park easily. And a lot of good has come to WDW as well, but unfortunately not much of it has to do with the Magic Kingdom (Haunted Mansion rehab is a huge exception).

Dragonrider1227

I've never been a huge fan of C.O.P but i they DO close it at MK, it should be moved to Epcot. Where I think it fits better anyway
For the record, am I the only one that never really cared for C.O.P? I mean, it's a nice ride and all and cool for it's time but being a man with a very cynical look at the future kinda kills the chance of me enjoying a ride that's about how great the future is. Mind you, if they DO replace C.O.P with anything, it shouldn't in The Incredibles. They feel more like a Studios kind of attraction to me

WaltsApprentice

Good point, what about the Speedway as well.

Ya the speed way is kinda a stretch to me it always felt like its own limbo land... that it wasn't even really part of anything.

M. Inc: I can understand because they look alot like alien...true not as much as snitch...and also they are finding useful energy sources that are a bit futuristic...

Incredibles: Its a bit of a stretch but... if you think about it superheros have always been very futuristic with all their gagets and powers. Ex) like superman.. he was an alien basically if you think about it... but again a stretch but I don't mind it...

but I have always looked at Tomorrowland...like a sci-fi convention...the furture that may never be. If your looking for real world tomorrowland go to EPCOTS todayland, j/k I mean futureworld that are showing tech of today and tomorrow.

If they would take COP out I would be sad I would prefer them to keep it or maybe move it to EPCOT. Has anyone ever pointed out using the "par" or Incredible family to replace the COP family??? NOT saying I would like it but crazier plot lines have happened ::cough:: Sitch!

WaltsApprentice

Blasphemy!! :eek:
:ROFLOL:I know I know... silly idea...I should be tared and feathered and stoned!:brick: It was like a Jim Hill Media rumor...almost as bad as the suggestion in the Imagination refurb rumor that someone joked saying replace figment with sitich!! :fork: I like sitich just not in a ride... well perhaps not with that terrible plot line!!

Bullredchaser

COP is my all time favorite ride,I love seeing things from the past as much as I do about things in the future.It would be nice to see the last seen updated showing a scene in 2020 and General Electric picking up the sponsorship again.

Cynderella

I would be extremely upset if they did away with COP. They'd be hearing from me that's for sure! :fork: Why must they always go and mess with the good stuff?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

It's too late for another rebuilding of Tomorrowland.

Oh well... the Disney era (as we know it) is over... the Pixar era has begun...(Yikes!) :(

That's life... and sometimes life sucks.
bumper sticker material right there..... forever ill think of this perfectly stated phrase when i step in my next pile of dog ____........ :D

what do the incredibles have to do with tomorrowland..?

also what do monsters have to do with it either?
lets not start picking apart TL.... if you do, nothing will make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom