Incredibles to replace COP?

RiversideBunny

I really like COP.

What they need to do is spruce up the outside entrance.
Currently the COP building is rather plain and could easily be mistaken for a maintenance bldg. instead of an attraction.

:)

flFigment

It won't happen if the urban legend about one of Walt's final wishes was to keep the CoP open is true.

I've always heard that a Flying Saucer ride themed to the Little Green Men of Toy Story might one day go in CoP's place.

It is NOT an urban legend I have it on video from vault Disney that all the rides in the 1964 worlds fair were to find a permenant home in Disney. IF Disney were to take out COP it would be like taking out IASW. Personally I would like to see the COP moved to Epcot it will never happen but it would be a good place to keep in the true spirit of what EPCOT was supposed to be.
So it is NOT and urban legend but a fact. I wish I had a way to transfer it from VHS to digital video to be put on the web for all to see.

Lee

Adventurer
It is NOT an urban legend I have it on video from vault Disney that all the rides in the 1964 worlds fair were to find a permenant home in Disney.

Please...that's not what he meant at all.
All attractions at World's Fairs are temporary, in that they close after the fair ends. All Walt meant was that the Disney-designed rides would continue to operate after the "temporary" fair had ended. He NEVER said that CoP, or any other ride, should not ever close. On the contrary, Walt often insisted that the parks were meant to change.

Back on topic...CoP is on it's last legs. Has been for a while, and will be for a bit more. Same for Galaxy Palace, most likely.

Peterwhite171

It's quite clear that Disney is turning the WDW Tomorrowland into a futuristic Fantasyland. I can see why they want to do this. Two miles down the road is Epcot and it's future world which sort of competes with TL at the Magic Kingdom.

Turning the WDW TL into a land where Disney's space characters can co-exist with the fairy tale types is a smart move. Recent rumors point towards Meet the Robinson's attraction and the Incredibles taking up home in the next five years.

Dragonrider1227

It's quite clear that Disney is turning the WDW Tomorrowland into a futuristic Fantasyland. I can see why they want to do this. Two miles down the road is Epcot and it's future world which sort of competes with TL at the Magic Kingdom.

Turning the WDW TL into a land where Disney's space characters can co-exist with the fairy tale types is a smart move. Recent rumors point towards Meet the Robinson's attraction and the Incredibles taking up home in the next five years.
Now Meet the Robinsons would make WAAAY more sense than the Incredibles as it actually takes place in the future, heck, I think it actually takes place in Tommorowland! I know I saw Space Mountain in their future world

WaltsApprentice

Thats what I was basically saying in another post... tomorrowland MK is slowly turning into Todayland... soo there best route is to go with a fairy tale future...a sci fi convention theme lol. I would love to see a meet the robinsons.....I know I said earlier as a joke as the Incredibles replacing the family in COP... its crazy... but they could also put the The Robinsons Family in replacement... JUST kidding though :hammer:

baz212

I've been going to WDW since I was 5 and I've ridden COP everytime I've gone with the exception of on my honeymoon. I'm now 28 and I still don't like the ride. I've never liked the ride. IASW, WoM and 20K I did like. COP was boring and dated when I went in 86 and was still boring and dated when I went in 94 after the refurb. It and the Seedway need to go or be completely rethemed. My Dad is one of the biggest Disney nuts, and he doesn't like COP.

WaltsApprentice

Now Meet the Robinsons would make WAAAY more sense than the Incredibles as it actually takes place in the future, heck, I think it actually takes place in Tommorowland! I know I saw Space Mountain in their future world

It is and so is the rocket ship ride... the orginal one from disneyland.... and you'll notice a big sign that says TODAYLAND! :animwink: a little joke for disney fans... Its a great movie... i would love to see it as an attraction they could totally replace sitch with it...and make it Robinsons Labs... and they are trying their transportation device to help ship items... eh nevermind... I thought I was going with something there. I would think it would be cool if they added a furturistic bill board that changes to say " Robinson's Industry" then change to "Keep Moving Foward!" just as a little extra touch to the backdrop :animwink:

Foolish1

I don't see how closing CoP helps. It's not a very big building. The railroad tracks are right behind it. What is gained by closing it? Sure, you can save a little on staffing, and electricity. Sure, you can save what, $5 a year in maintenance. Oh, and nobody has to be paid to update the year in front either. :lol:

I guess image is what they save in some fashion.

Oh, and as for comments about Iger. Remember back when people praised Eisner as having saved Disney? The problem was only partly Eisner. The real problem is the corporate business world we live in now. As long as making the most amount of money for stockholders is the true goal, then whoever is in charge will always be making tough decisions. Decisions which include closing CoP. I personally think there is a way to make CoP work, even in today's world. Yes, it will take money. Perhaps money that some perceive better spent on other things, though. Maybe that's part of the problem here. Maybe the money has been earmarked for something better already.

My personal belief is that those who think Iger is great, has a rude awakening coming one day. Those that don't like him, eventually will realize he's not that bad after all. In the end, he is probably somewhere in the middle. My biggest complaint about Iger is that he is not really a cheerleader or an idea guy. And that is what Disney most needs. Yes, he listens to the creative types a lot more and a lot better than his predecessor did. The idea that Disney should be run by bean counters is ridiculous. A company like Disney desperately needs creative types at the top, and in more decision making roles than we have now.

I remember doing CoP before the refurb, and thinking it was a bit dated. When I saw the refurb the first time, I thought it was nice. Then after a couple viewings realized the prior one was better. But the same happened for Hall Of Presidents. The previous HoP was better than what we have now. It truly was. I'm not sure who suggested this refurb was a good idea, but they should be banished. Most of the creative thinking was sucked out of HoP.

But maybe we should be more concerned with rumors running rampant about other changes coming to Tomorrowland than just CoP. I have heard a couple, but nothing that I put any faith into. So perhaps anyone might comment on just what changes for TL are in store?

FECNS

Well of course the incredibles would fit right into COP that way they can change tomorrowland to Pixarland since they already have Buzz lightyear spaceranger and monsters inc laugh floor. Whats next Mickey changed to the Pixar Lamp

darthjohnny

I don't see how closing CoP helps. It's not a very big building. The railroad tracks are right behind it. What is gained by closing it? Sure, you can save a little on staffing, and electricity. Sure, you can save what, $5 a year in maintenance. Oh, and nobody has to be paid to update the year in front either. :lol:

I think it costs a little more than $5 a year to maintain a giant rotating building....

Now Meet the Robinsons would make WAAAY more sense than the Incredibles as it actually takes place in the future, heck, I think it actually takes place in Tommorowland!

The Incredibles took place in a retro-futuristic time and setting (an idea which is embodied in Tomorrowland itself) so I could see it fitting into Tomorrowland.

WaltsApprentice

Well of course the incredibles would fit right into COP that way they can change tomorrowland to Pixarland since they already have Buzz lightyear spaceranger and monsters inc laugh floor. Whats next Mickey changed to the Pixar Lamp

Is this the cave of wonders because there must be an echo of comments lol :lookaroun

tractorm3

ok coem on people, i know that the COP is no e-tickets but its one of those legends that should never get removed and should stay standing for all time. Dont they say in it that it was walt himselfs favorite ride and his own idea on design?

im pretty sure disney can fine a spot that is undeveloped and place it there.

can we get a petition going?

WaltsApprentice

ok coem on people, i know that the COP is no e-tickets but its one of those legends that should never get removed and should stay standing for all time. Dont they say in it that it was walt himselfs favorite ride and his own idea on design?

im pretty sure disney can fine a spot that is undeveloped and place it there.

can we get a petition going?

I agree with you... the only thing is... if it is something needs to be done to get people attention...and most of the time its closed or at least looks like it is... I'm not saying do something cheap to get more attention (like put sitich on the building :hurl:) but something to clean off the dust of it. Its so hidden behind all the excitment of SM, Buzz, and Rockets.
And I do believe that there is a petition on a fan site for it....http://www.carouselofprogress.com/main.htm or I think there was :veryconfu

Dragonrider1227

They ought to create a new ride that uses the same technology. It's good technology, even by today's standards. I was always impressed with the physics of COP just not really the ride itself ^^;

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom