Imagination Demolition?

dxwwf3

This is VERY exciting stuff.

I'll go on record and say that I've enjoyed both of the sequels to the original JII attraction (yes even Journey Into Your Imagination) and I actually love the whole Imagination Institute theme, but if this is the beginning of something big and important, bring on the wrecking balls. It's time for a HISTA replacment as well (as much as I LOVE the show. 2nd favorite 3D behind Muppets). Things are certainly looking up at Epcot right now!

PigletIsMyCat

So, Imageworks was originally upstairs? And the ride took up the whole ground level? That's pretty cool.

That was there until 1998? And then it switched over to the current version? Well, it did look like it could be updated. The Dreamfinder guy in the ride is downright frightening, and so was the CM 'Dreamfinder' (to me, at least). The score to the ride was definitely incredible, but during Part 2, it seemed like some kind of nightmare scene, I was getting uncomfortable just watching it. It seemed kind of scary. (Do I sound like a whiny kid, or what? lol)

There are definite differences. I don't see how that makes one so much better than the other. I do agree that the lack of lines at the current JIYI is sad. If it is that unpopular, it makes sense to do something with it. Why did the redo it instead of updating it? Was the last incarnation as unpopular as the current one?

PigletIsMyCat

This is VERY exciting stuff.

I'll go on record and say that I've enjoyed both of the sequels to the original JII attraction (yes even Journey Into Your Imagination) and I actually love the whole Imagination Institute theme, but if this is the beginning of something big and important, bring on the wrecking balls. It's time for a HISTA replacment as well (as much as I LOVE the show. 2nd favorite 3D behind Muppets). Things are certainly looking up at Epcot right now!

I'd also like to see a HISTA replacement. Those movies are no where near as popular as they once were, and while I think the show is okay, I have seen it twice and have no plans to see it again. Unlike Muppet 3D, which I see just about everytime I go to DHS.

The Imagination Institute theme is good, but they could do more of it. Now that I'm actually thinking about it, what do the current JIYI and HISTA have to do with 'imagination'? Hmmm.....:shrug: Pulling both attractions together in the same theme would be nice.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I dont understand why HISTA is still playing..

A quick breakdown on what was in the theater there..

Magic Journeys: 175 weeks

Captain EO: 407 weeks

HISTA: 694 weeks

HISTA has been playing for over two years longer then EO and Magic Journeys combined. There is no way any 3D film has that sort of longevity. Even being played at Magic Kingdom, the film Magic Journeys tops out at 8 years, exactly the same as EO's total run.

There is no excuse for HISTA to be running for nearly 14 years. It's going on 6 years past its expiration date.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Giving Living with the Land a point because it changed its speil style and lost the on-boat guides in 2006 - HISTA is the oldest attraction in Future World.

Only Impressions de France is older and unchanged in the entire park.

CaptainMichael

To add, just watch this youtube video and see how elaborate the queue area was, the portal for the vehicles into the ride, and the first scene - all 10x better then anything in the current ride.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7nhEEBPnuro

And PT2 with some high quality video of some of the amazing effects (the painting effect is AWESOME)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9E4yNg_eFI

And pt 3: What about Science?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vpSpNCg0MV8

That is a billion times better than what is there now: Black walls, an annoying scientist, and the only redeeming factor, Figment.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That is a billion times better than what is there now: Black walls, an annoying scientist, and the only redeeming factor, Figment.

Just from a basic aesthetic standpoint, looking at the show sets, i can't fathom how anyone thinks the current version is an improvement.

CaptainMichael

I don't remember the original all that well, but after viewing those videos, it looks like EPCOT lost something really amazing. The score, sets, story, everything of the original puts the new one to shame.

*wants to skip school tomorrow and drive to Florida right now*

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
We'll need...electron beams and crystal prisms,

gyroscopes and WRECKING BALLS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrecking.gif

:lol: you forgot...

Figment: "Holy cra..."

Dreamfinder: "Hold on Figment..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7nhEEBPnuro

Its at 6:20(ish) in the video. :lol::lookaroun

Buzzforprez

*Ahem*

(to the tune of "One Little Spark")

A wrecking ball, a big sledge hammer.
They've heard the call, the fans have clamored.
Some paint, some lights and even some new 'bots!
A decent ride would hit the spot!

A demolition! A demolition!

This big refurb is so far overdue!
It can't be worse than the last two!

:D

But then its done, again its crappy.
Just like the last, dull, boring and sappy.
Just make it right, and don't get us real mad.
If not a store, we might be glad.

Anticipation! Anticipation!

So here we wait, and cross our fingers too.
Welcome Pixar, we'll soon hate your guts too. :ROFLOL:

Sorry, had a few, couldn't resist.

*Ahem*

*Standing Ovation*

Bravo! :ROFLOL:

Passport

Yesterday the wait time board said Misson:Space was 20 minutes, Test Track 70 minutes and Imagination Renewal. I can find anywhere what they mean by renewal.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Finally! Something big to rumour and discuss at length now SSE is nearly complete :lol:

Hank; great song :D

TheBeatles; I`ve got the first 2/3 of Magic Journeys at MouseBits :wave: (and am still looking for the rest!)

Regarding the upstairs, remember this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=174579

Here`s the old composite I drew of V1 and V2/3s track layouts http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21981&d=1136494195 (I really need to do a much better one soon!)

As for the news.... here we go! I`d also assume demo is for WDI to work on the walls put up in 1998. As it stands the original 1982 building structure is still intact. The entire original 1983 track bed is still in place throughout the ground floor as is the rotating flight to imagaination `turntable` - but don`t expect it to turn again. All original load bearing beams and coloumns are still intact, with new walls and openings placed inbetween them for the 1999 version. It wouldn`t be too difficult to restore the ground floor back to its 1983 layout. I`m not suggesting they will, or should, but the building itself is still as it was 25 years ago, with bits added here and there.

I guess Seas and Mexico gave the project the bump it needed. Thank god for little blue budget thieves ;)

dxwwf3

HISTA is the oldest attraction in Future World.

Only Impressions de France is older and unchanged in the entire park.

IMO, these are two of the best films on property though :lol:

HISTA, as I said earlier, could use a change. I'll miss it a lot, but can't complain. I've got to see it more than other great attractions. And even though I could live with O' Canada changing, they better not touch Impressions any time soon ;)

PoTCGuy

*Ahem*

Love it! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom