Imagination Demolition?

cococola44

Not too sure

Figment has been and is a great source of energy for Epcot Center. He has evolved into a figure that represents positive motivation as well as immagination. I truly hope they change the ride back to how it was with Dreamfinder...because to say goodbye to Figment, is just harsh. :(

kcnole

This can only be good news that something is happening since WDI has the permit. My guess is that the demolition means all the walls they put up to shorten the ride and the lower stairs post show. Maybe we'll see a return to the long and wonderful ride we once had with the upstairs again re-opened for our enjoyment.

If done correctly, I could easily forgive the descent of SSE. Oh to have one of my favorite rides as a kid back. That would be the best.

natalia1681

Oh to have one of my favorite rides as a kid back. That would be the best.

Oh, me too!! I remember being so thrilled to see the Dreamfinder and Figment when we went to Epcot. My brother and dad and I just loved that ride as a family. When I saw the JIYI version for the first time, I was speechless and nearly cried.

I hope that they bring back the magic.:wave:

WDW Monorail

Merf, where do you find documents like these? Is it just a skill that you only have? :D

Aww, I really hope they mess anything up in the imagination place. I really love the figment ride, even though it always has like no lines and it sure is a "failure". If only these documents mean they're opening the upstairs again...:rolleyes:

A quick search on the OCComp site reveals very much. :)

JimboJones123

If they want to add another hard ticket to WDW, I'd gladly pay $5 for each of my family members to walk through the rainbow tunnel each and and every trip.

CaptainMichael

Exciting news! EPCOT just keeps getting better and better. It'll be nice to have a reason to visit Future World West for something besides the Land.

Lee

Adventurer
Interesting.
Doesn't match the time frame I had been told of. Looks like something got moved up to the front burner.
Cool....I guess...:shrug:

Captain Hank

*Ahem*

(to the tune of "One Little Spark")

A wrecking ball, a big sledge hammer.
They've heard the call, the fans have clamored.
Some paint, some lights and even some new 'bots!
A decent ride would hit the spot!

A demolition! A demolition!

This big refurb is so far overdue!
It can't be worse than the last two!

:D

Rob562

So here are two possibilities to consider...

1) Could the first OCC filing be to refurbish the *upstairs* post-show? Light, carpet, projectors, etc would most likely be required to be replaced upstairs before it could be used again. And then "demolition" woudl refer to the current downstairs post-show.

Or more likely, 2) Perhaps "demolition" just means that they're changing out some of the post-show exhibits and it requires removing some interior walls. Like the ones that create the "conducting in the air" exhibit, or around the giant camera demonstration thing on your left just after you come down into the post-show.

-Rob

jt04

So here are two possibilities to consider...

1) Could the first OCC filing be to refurbish the *upstairs* post-show? Light, carpet, projectors, etc would most likely be required to be replaced upstairs before it could be used again. And then "demolition" woudl refer to the current downstairs post-show.

Or more likely, 2) Perhaps "demolition" just means that they're changing out some of the post-show exhibits and it requires removing some interior walls. Like the ones that create the "conducting in the air" exhibit, or around the giant camera demonstration thing on your left just after you come down into the post-show.

-Rob

^Doesn't quite match with what Jedimaster said though:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom