Imagination Demolition?

santa's surpriz

Well I certainly hope Journey to Imagination stays! Last night while putting my daughter to bed she was quietly sing a song, when I asked her what it is was she told me it was the one little spark song. My daughter loves Figment as I am sure most kids do. It was one of the moments you just want to hop on a plane to WDW!

biggy H

I did notice that the addresses on the permits where different. One was for 1990 Avenue of the Stars and the other 1991. Does the imagination pavilion cover both addresses or is on for somewhere else?

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Maybe if we all pool our resources we could buy every projector and piece of screen material in the world so we can be sure to not see any in the new JII. :hurl:

kcnole

There were projectors and screens in the original Journey. They were just used very well and not the only basis for the ride.

mightynine

Considering the amount of merchandise that features Figment, I'd be surprised if any redo didn't include him. You would think they learned their lesson last time.

Perhaps this is why we're seeing so much retro Figment/Imagination stuff?

rwdavis2

I would maybe make a guess that Kodak is getting ready to pull sponsorship. The overall trend for their stock since about 1997 is down.
Bob

EPCOT Explorer

Considering the amount of merchandise that features Figment, I'd be surprised if any redo didn't include him. You would think they learned their lesson last time.

I don't think so...We already saw Figgy leave once and he was promptly brought back because of the fans.I don;t think Disney would be that foolish to do that again.

New Retro in nice though.:)

loweyan

*Ahem*

(to the tune of "One Little Spark")

A wrecking ball, a big sledge hammer.
They've heard the call, the fans have clamored.
Some paint, some lights and even some new 'bots!
A decent ride would hit the spot!

A demolition! A demolition!

This big refurb is so far overdue!
It can't be worse than the last two!

:D

Too Funny, but Definately good news to have the work to commence. Thanks for the update Adam. Always love having a good reliable source of Epcot info.

~Marcus

TOTGuy

I do remember this summer they were preparing to release a pin set of disney characters dressed up like dreamfinder which someone told me was a sign he would be making a return. Who knows... Maybe I can be on the grand reopening team!!! If it is done by summer.

Why all the JIYI hatred? I love Eric Idle. I love Figment in his current incarnation. And, no, I never saw the 'old' Figment or Dreamfinder. I get it that everyone seems to think the old version was better.

I'm not saying that I'm not excited for Disney to be doing something new, changing things up. I just feel bad for Figment, having all these haters :cry:

I personally love 'this' Figment, and this version of JIYI. I'll be sad to see it go, if it is indeed going, but still excited to see something new.

I agree with you, I like Eric Idle in the new version! Obliviously the original ride was better, more show pieces, better score, etc, but I also like the Imagination Institute theme. There's no question, I think most people will agree the original was better (I personally didn't care for The Dreamfinder) and to be completlely honest, I don't remember too much of the original ride. But this new permit makes me happy, Figment needs some TLC! Just please leave Eric Idle :zipit:

Edeyore

Why all the JIYI hatred? I love Eric Idle. I love Figment in his current incarnation. And, no, I never saw the 'old' Figment or Dreamfinder. I get it that everyone seems to think the old version was better.

I'm not saying that I'm not excited for Disney to be doing something new, changing things up. I just feel bad for Figment, having all these haters :cry:

I personally love 'this' Figment, and this version of JIYI. I'll be sad to see it go, if it is indeed going, but still excited to see something new.

Honestly, it is not that everyone "thinks" it was better, it seriously was better.

hauntdmansion79

mousermerf...thanks for the scare
jedimaster1227...thanks for clearing things up

I'm excited about this. The Imagination ride has been one of my favorites since my first WDW visit in 1986. I've been on all three versions and I firmly believe that the original is the best, the second version was the worst, and the current version is just OK. I like Eric Idle in Monty Python, but don't like him in the Imagination attractions.
But there's a sale on touch screens...
:mad::mad::mad: Don't even go there. If what jedimaster1227 said was right about this project making Imagineering proud, then there will be none of that involved.

PigletIsMyCat

Honestly, it is not that everyone "thinks" it was better, it seriously was better.

Based on what you feel makes a good ride. Not everyone who goes to Disney gets to see a ride at every incarnation. I've only ever seen this JIYI, and I love it. From ride videos, I can see why people loved the last version too, but I can also see why Disney felt it needed updating. It's sad that they seem to have shortened the ride so much, and stopped using like half the building though. If they are going to do some major work, I hope they use the space they have and make a different show.

djramone

Opinions are not facts... Just as you (and me) have a strong attachment to the original version, there are countless others who have the same attachment to the current version.

WDWNT

10 years later, and what was old is new again. Adam is right, the dreamport is never far away when you use your imagination, or when McPhee opens his wallet.

It took two and a half years to get this budget in order, but i think the wait has been well worth it. As said in another GREAT attraction "You ain't seen nothin yet!"

This one may even make you forget the original......

kcnole

Based on what you feel makes a good ride. Not everyone who goes to Disney gets to see a ride at every incarnation. I've only ever seen this JIYI, and I love it. From ride videos, I can see why people loved the last version too, but I can also see why Disney felt it needed updating. It's sad that they seem to have shortened the ride so much, and stopped using like half the building though. If they are going to do some major work, I hope they use the space they have and make a different show.

The problem with this version of the institute is that it lacks heart and instead of Figment being a lovable dragon with very childlike innocence, he has grown up a bit and is an annoying dragon who acts like a spoiled 13 year old throughout the ride. Where Figment was once a heartwarming and lovable character, he has become a torture device.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom