Imagination Demolition?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*Ahem*

(to the tune of "One Little Spark")

A wrecking ball, a big sledge hammer.
They've heard the call, the fans have clamored.
Some paint, some lights and even some new 'bots!
A decent ride would hit the spot!

A demolition! A demolition!

This big refurb is so far overdue!
It can't be worse than the last two!

:D

But there's a sale on touch screens...

kc1296426

Well I suppose the only reason why they are filing the permits is because of the refurb lasting until February 24th. I'm sure its just tuning up the ride, the post exhibits and whatnot, nothing serious.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What do you see in the clouds?

Quintessential Magic Journeys quote:

You are riding on the winds where the universe begins through the atoms that we pose in the heartbeat of a rose.

EpcotServo

You are riding on the winds where the universe begins through the atoms that we pose in the heartbeat of a rose.

I'm sorry...but the guys who wrote that were high. They were so high.
:lol:

(sorry, had to paraphrase Joel.)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster

Well, while being exceptionally trippy - the sentiment that the world was full of wonder around you and there were hidden things to be seen and explored in the mind was a very fitting compliment to Journey into Imagination. Thus, the Magic Eye theater was aptly named and well in the theme. The 3D movie showed you things you normally cant see.

sillyspook13

Maybe it was this guy...
ihasaherb1.jpg

Enchantâmes

Well I suppose the only reason why they are filing the permits is because of the refurb lasting until February 24th. I'm sure its just tuning up the ride, the post exhibits and whatnot, nothing serious.
So they are filing demolition permits just to tune up a poor attraction, I think there is more going on here than that. They can "tune up" a attraction without these kind of permits. I really hope they are finally kicking out Eric Idle and bringing Dreamfinder back he has been gone for far too long. He shouldn't have left in the first place.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Why would they bother refurbing ImageWorks if a major overhaul was going to be happening sometime soon? :veryconfu

Maybe they need to re-use some of the old track-work for the overhaul (where the imageworks is now), but don't want to close the ride itself down yet.

PigletIsMyCat

Why all the JIYI hatred? I love Eric Idle. I love Figment in his current incarnation. And, no, I never saw the 'old' Figment or Dreamfinder. I get it that everyone seems to think the old version was better.

I'm not saying that I'm not excited for Disney to be doing something new, changing things up. I just feel bad for Figment, having all these haters :cry:

I personally love 'this' Figment, and this version of JIYI. I'll be sad to see it go, if it is indeed going, but still excited to see something new.

SirNim

P.S. Epcot really needs to embrace its prior geekin— er-, let's just say optimism ( ;) ), and reviving the song "Magic Journeys," with old lyrics or new, as part of a preshow, a 4-D spectacular, new background music, a postshow, or something else would go a long way to that effect. Great song, really sublime melody and instrumentation. Watching the YouTube clips of it being played at Park close on 1-Oct-07, echoing around the park, wafting over everybody and everything, sealed the deal for my love of that particular song...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Why all the JIYI hatred? I love Eric Idle. I love Figment in his current incarnation. And, no, I never saw the 'old' Figment or Dreamfinder. I get it that everyone seems to think the old version was better.

I'm not saying that I'm not excited for Disney to be doing something new, changing things up. I just feel bad for Figment, having all these haters :cry:

I personally love 'this' Figment, and this version of JIYI. I'll be sad to see it go, if it is indeed going, but still excited to see something new.

Did you ever ride the original Journey?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom