Imagination Demolition?

InfernalPenguin

Man, I really hope this is a re-tooling...a re-furb... a re-whatever...

Having had my thrill-o-phobia for so long, and being the spaced-out kid I was, I loooooved Journey since the first time I visited (let's see I was born in '88... I must've gone on when I was at least three so... '91). I had a plush Figment that I lugged around everywhere and was my favorite stuffed animal. I wanted to go on that ride all the time.

Sadly the original version is a faint memory to me, and thank GOD I never got to see the figment-less version.

I'm sort of fond of the current one. Might have to do with the fact that I am a big Eric Idle fan.

But hey, if the parks are facing this fabled golden age...well...more like platinum age I keep hearing about, bring it on!

mcjaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Monorail
There wasn't any speculation as to what was happening. We knew exactly was happening.
:wave:

Yeah, you're right. There's only close to 10 pages of speculation. :rolleyes: I'm just confirming what we found out after that. :brick:

As I said before, the Imageworks was only the beginning. This is the beginning of the end for the Imagination Institute. Let the carnage of the former pavilion begin as we prepare to make a triumphant return to the Dreamport... And no, I am not kidding.

But to the permit, this is for interior and exterior construction to the pavilion, but they aren't knocking down the whole pavilion. It is essentially the first in many permits to cover the work to be done.

I don't see them making small changes like what was reported, and then doing a major rehab in the next year or two. It's a waste of time and money.

So here are two possibilities to consider...

1) Could the first OCC filing be to refurbish the *upstairs* post-show? Light, carpet, projectors, etc would most likely be required to be replaced upstairs before it could be used again. And then "demolition" woudl refer to the current downstairs post-show.

Or more likely, 2) Perhaps "demolition" just means that they're changing out some of the post-show exhibits and it requires removing some interior walls. Like the ones that create the "conducting in the air" exhibit, or around the giant camera demonstration thing on your left just after you come down into the post-show.

-Rob

More specualtion from earlier.

Why would they bother refurbing ImageWorks if a major overhaul was going to be happening sometime soon? :veryconfu

Exactly. Which is why I pay no attention to "insiders."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom