Imagination Demolition?

Though just to keep you from getting your hopes up...at my last track talk they said Journey was going to be down just because it was getting a brand new floor while Image Works was being refurbed. Just throwing it out there...

And it does make sense if this is all they do. As someone stated earlier, they have to file permits to not only do wall work but also floor demolition. HOPEFULLY they do update Imagination to it's former glory, but with current evidence, this is all it suggests.

KaliSplash

Well, this seems to be good news. How good, we'll have to wait.

I liked the first version best. And the best part of the first version was the turntable. I liked Dreamfinder and the introduction/creation of Figment and the Sherman Brothers ORIGINAL song. After that, the ride was ok, not my favorite.
The first attempt to replace the ride was awful. This version is better, but I'd still prefer the original. On the other hand, the orginal wasn't such a big draw when they closed it 10 years ago.

Hopefully, they'll come up with something wonderful. But I truly would love to see the turntable scene return with the ORIGINAL song.

EPCOT Explorer

This thread has kept me on a very happy mood all day.Just popping back in to say that I'm thrilled that this is happening for Epcot...Who knows,That Redeication Ceremony might have actually ment something!:sohappy:

Figments Friend

*Ahem*

(to the tune of "One Little Spark")

A wrecking ball, a big sledge hammer.
They've heard the call, the fans have clamored.
Some paint, some lights and even some new 'bots!
A decent ride would hit the spot!

A demolition! A demolition!

This big refurb is so far overdue!
It can't be worse than the last two!

:D

Dude, you just totally made my night! ( Laughs like crazy.....)

:ROFLOL:

Figments Friend

This thread has kept me on a very happy mood all day.Just popping back in to say that I'm thrilled that this is happening for Epcot...Who knows,That Redeication Ceremony might have actually ment something!:sohappy:

Of course it ment something...our "message" was heard LOUD AND CLEAR at Disney big time. Absolutely no doubts about that at all.

I am very pleased to have started it all off on it's little road......you just never know how far you can go until you try.

Epcot and Figment's pavillion deserves all the love it can get.

EPCOT Explorer

Of course it ment something...our "message" was heard LOUD AND CLEAR at Disney big time. Absolutely no doubts about that at all.

I am very pleased to have started it all off on it's little road......you just never know how far you can go until you try.

Epcot and Figment's pavillion deserves all the love it can get.

Heck Yeah!

MAGICFLOP

No offense to the Brits, but that Brit that is in Figment and HISTA is hard to watch, very annoying whine.:mad: This new figment is truly aweful. That is the only attraction we are routinely bypass on each trip. They should have left it the original way.

I would vote to Demolish it and put in a nice flower garden !!!:shrug:

TOTGuy

Well, this seems to be good news. How good, we'll have to wait.

I liked the first version best. And the best part of the first version was the turntable. I liked Dreamfinder and the introduction/creation of Figment and the Sherman Brothers ORIGINAL song. After that, the ride was ok, not my favorite.
The first attempt to replace the ride was awful. This version is better, but I'd still prefer the original. On the other hand, the orginal wasn't such a big draw when they closed it 10 years ago.

Hopefully, they'll come up with something wonderful. But I truly would love to see the turntable scene return with the ORIGINAL song.
I pretty much agree. I just watched a ride-through and I wasn't that impressed by the original except by the turntable. Also I find it interesting that it was more of an omni-mover and never really stopped during loading and now it does. I'd like to see them put the turntable back in keep the institute and bring back dreamfinder. Best of both worlds?

so are we saying that something major is happening? or is it still not safe to say?

also, i never saw magic journey, but with everyone talking about it, im totally intrigued and want to find somewhere to watch it

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I pretty much agree. I just watched a ride-through and I wasn't that impressed by the original except by the turntable. Also I find it interesting that it was more of an omni-mover and never really stopped during loading and now it does. I'd like to see them put the turntable back in keep the institute and bring back dreamfinder. Best of both worlds?

Did you see it only on video? This is one of those attractions where a video doesn't do it justice IMO

aladdin2007

Is Kodak pulling out? Since it has been ten years now Im wondering when the sponsorship contract ends? They probably wont sign on again after what happened last time but its all def very interesting. It would be nice to see a sponsor for Imagination though just for tradtions sake but the Seas carried on without one and redone.
We are either going to be really dissapointed and it turns out to be nothing, or something really great. Only thing is there have been no rumblings about the ride closing for a long period of time or anything this year. But with Disney they can surprise us.

Ellura

I hope this is gonna be good.

This makes me miss all the good old ride days.

I loved Magic Journeys.

I just hope they bring back the old song. /sigh

JWG

Is Kodak pulling out? Since it has been ten years now Im wondering when the sponsorship contract ends? They probably wont sign on again after what happened last time but its all def very interesting. It would be nice to see a sponsor for Imagination though just for tradtions sake but the Seas carried on without one and redone.
We are either going to be really dissapointed and it turns out to be nothing, or something really great. Only thing is there have been no rumblings about the ride closing for a long period of time or anything this year. But with Disney they can surprise us.

I thought Kodak had threatened to pull sponsorship before and changed their mind when concerns over Fuji stepping in came up. Frankly, I don't think Kodak is the only interest in the pavilon. This is a sponsorship deal that keeps product in the parks. If Kodak didn't sponsor I bet a competitor very well would to get their product in the park.

That's the sponsorhsip Disney needs to go after - organizations that have a vested interest in getting in front of the audience with product placement or sales opportunities. As organizations look for "tax" opportunities now and moving forward it's all about charitable giving, not so much corporate sponsorship. But, if they can swing sponsorship deals that ensure product placement - win-win for the sponsor (0 competition with a huge base of expendable income) and for WDW (funding).

Anyway, JI(Y)I is one spot where I think a sponsor is available whether Kodak or other. Maybe Energizer or Duracell could sponsor UoE and have sole right to sell their batteries in the parks.

TOTGuy

Did you see it only on video? This is one of those attractions where a video doesn't do it justice IMO
Well I was really young the last time I rode JII. I like the original message but it gets kinda trippy with the water crystals and stuff. Plus the dark part of the imagination where he says blood and killer. South Park anyone? LOL!!!
"IMAAAAAAGINATION, IMAGINAAAAAAATION"
Still JII is a worthwhile attraction, even if I miss horizons more...
Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but is Journey into Imagination currently closed? I'm too tired to read through the previous nine pages to find out what is going on. So could someone give me the shortened version? :shrug:
JII is currently closed for about a month while Imageworks is being rehabbed. Floor is getting replaced at the attraction which prompted its closure. HISTA is still open.

Figment571

I don't really care if they bring back MJ. I don't remember the show but I love the music. I think that they should try to create a totally new show, maybe incorporate the song some, but that's it.

As for the ride itself, use the original layout with a new ride with Fig and Dreamfinder. Or one just as long as the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom