Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

ToTBellHop

Fantasmic! has been at DL for...what? 15 years? Those of us who have seen Fantasmic! 20 times are not really the ones Disney needs to impress. We keep returning, don't we. It's the new visitors they need to impress, and Fantasmic! easily does so.

missionspace

Fantasmic! has been at DL for...what? 15 years? Those of us who have seen Fantasmic! 20 times are not really the ones Disney needs to impress. We keep returning, don't we. It's the new visitors they need to impress, and Fantasmic! easily does so.

You are right,but only untill we can't take it anymore! Which I am soon at that point!

netenyahoo

Jim Hill has comments about the artwork and a couple other new pieces of artwork on his site.

Carland will be for DCA, lagoon show is for DCA, Midway Mania is also for DCA. The urban entertainment center is for Singapore. The pirate themed area is for HKDL. The new park is probably for China. I would like to see a water themed park - Disney Sea or this park somewhere in the US. I'd love to have the indoor urban theme park in Minneapolis. I always wish Disney would take over the Park at the Mall of America. The place is so nasty and could use some good Disney theming.

I'd be so happy if the urban resort thing came to Boston. Don't know where it would go, and I haven't heard anything about new construction in Boston (except the Big Dig).

Pete C

I know a lot of you are down on Midway Mania, but to me it looks like a very entertaining attraction. The only problem I foresee is a lot of spinning with riders sitting back to back. If it's a combination of Spiderman at IOA and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin than I think it could be an unbelievable attraction. I was very impressed by Spiderman, and I think adding the interactive element to a 3d rover attraction is a very strong concept.

This ride does not look like it will be on that level. I think we are going to be disappointed if we are expecting Toy Story to be on par with the 100 million dollar Spiderman.

Lee

Adventurer
This ride does not look like it will be on that level. I think we are going to be disappointed if we are expecting Toy Story to be on par with the 100 million dollar Spiderman.

Yep. It ain't nothing like Spiderman.
More like MiB....kinda....

Scar Junior

Clearly the urban entertainment center is in Chicago, look at the skyline, it's Chicago. And for the fool who said Chicago is falling apart, they are a moron, i was born and raised in Chicago for 25 years and it's not like that all!!!! It's THE best city in the World.

Toy Story live, i'm not sure where this is going, but it looks like another replacement for Stich???

Pirate-themed adventure is going in the Western way area.

nighttime show is going to AK, it will be in the new land where that concept art for the new Disney Park is being built, (CMM)

We all know about toy story

Monsters inc is going to MGM also

Carland is an overlay for test track, yet one more move to make epcot into pixar land

HAHAHAHAHA!

Most ridiculous post ever. Everthing you said was just... perfect. Thanks for the laughs.:wave:

JimboJones123

Jim Hill has comments about the artwork and a couple other new pieces of artwork on his site.

Carland will be for DCA, lagoon show is for DCA, Midway Mania is also for DCA. The urban entertainment center is for Singapore. The pirate themed area is for HKDL. The new park is probably for China. I would like to see a water themed park - Disney Sea or this park somewhere in the US. I'd love to have the indoor urban theme park in Minneapolis. I always wish Disney would take over the Park at the Mall of America. The place is so nasty and could use some good Disney theming.

Didn't the actual mall get bought out a month or so ago?

Could this open up a door for a new Disney Theme? Maybe this new park concept is actually for in the MOA?

They could scrap what exists and build the MiniDisneySea inside. :zipit:

basas

Didn't the actual mall get bought out a month or so ago?

Could this open up a door for a new Disney Theme? Maybe this new park concept is actually for in the MOA?

They could scrap what exists and build the MiniDisneySea inside. :zipit:

They're already starting to build the next phase of the mall including a new roller coaster in The Park at MOA. I quite like the place though (even the theme park)...I've never found it 'nasty'.

basas

Yep. It ain't nothing like Spiderman.
More like MiB....kinda....

I wish we would eventually get something like Spiderman...even though its now 8 years old, it still amazes me every time.

So is that MK e-ticket still looking possible or has that been shelved for now?

dxwwf3

I wish we would eventually get something like Spiderman...even though its now 8 years old, it still amazes me every time.

That's because it was one of the most thought out, well planned, and best executed attractions in the world. When you mention the Splash Mountains and the Tower of Terrors of the world, Spider Man also has to be in that discussion. And to be honest, I don't think Universal OR Disney has built an attraction that has topped it yet.

SirGoofy

Everything looks great. I have some high hopes for Toy Story Mania. Now I realize that it's not gonna be Spiderman, but it looks like it's gonna be fun.

On another not, PRINCE OF PERSIA! OMG! I can't wait for that! If Adventureland need a new E-ticket, how bout some PoP.

SilentWindODoom

Clearly the urban entertainment center is in Chicago, look at the skyline, it's Chicago. And for the fool who said Chicago is falling apart, they are a moron, i was born and raised in Chicago for 25 years and it's not like that all!!!! It's THE best city in the World.

Wait. Wait a minute. In the words of Kyle's mom, "What what WHAT?!" I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. The great City of New York is the best city in the world.

:king:
"Start spreadin' the news. I'm leavin' today.
I'll make a brand new start of it in old New York."

Pete C

That's because it was one of the most thought out, well planned, and best executed attractions in the world. When you mention the Splash Mountains and the Tower of Terrors of the world, Spider Man also has to be in that discussion. And to be honest, I don't think Universal OR Disney has built an attraction that has topped it yet.

I agree 100%. While I generally prefer Disney to Universal, Spiderman is the one ride that has yet to be topped anywhere. This ride is so well done it is literally mind-boggling. I remember when I first went on this ride, and came off in total shock. My jaw was actually open in disbelief. It's a truly special ride.

dxwwf3

I agree 100%. While I generally prefer Disney to Universal, Spiderman is the one ride that has yet to be topped anywhere. This ride is so well done it is literally mind-boggling. I remember when I first went on this ride, and came off in total shock. My jaw was actually open in disbelief. It's a truly special ride.

I'm with you. I mean, I still prefer Splash and Tower to Spider Man, but as far as since 1999 goes, Spider Man hasn't been beat, IMO.

ciscobee

"Concept for new Disney theme park = This doesn't look like Shanghai. I would think this is a new concept in Disney parks meant for mid-sized markets like Australia, Singapore, Brazil, etc. I had heard Shanghai was to be a Disneyland style park. "

My thought is that the new park would be in Virginia. They let that colonial park die too soon. Maybe it's coming back around based on the interest that was drummed up by the "behind the magic" museum displays over this past couple of years. Sure would be cool to have something close enough to drive to!

Mansion Butler

Thats because there ain't many other choices! You got Wishes and Illininations! And after essing each for the 20 time, it would be nice to see something new for a change!

Fantasmic! is far too popular to get rid of. It's not because "there aren't many choices." People aren't required to stay to go to a night show, they choose to. If the show isn't good, they won't stay (or leave other parks to get there), as they do for Fantasmic.

I'm not a Fantasmic fan, but it is still insanely popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom