Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

Buford

Carland is definitely not an overlay for Test Track. Where exactly would they be having a bridge over the outside loops at Test Track? However, if you do look at the concept art, first of all the cars are identical to Test Track cars--two rows of three guests each. The track is banked like Test Track. The cars are blurring b/c they are going so fast...and the guests have their arms up in the air. This definitely isn't anything at WDSP. It's a Test Track-type ride. I'm just not sure where it would fit at DCA...and where the money would come from. Maybe this is John Lasseter's doing...I hope it ends up being a blended dark ride/thrill ride starting with some slower scenes showing off the various sets from the movie and ending with a high-speed race set to Rascal Flatts' version of "Life is a Highway" from the movie.

The nighttime show very well could be adapted for AK, but in the form shown in the pics, it's an obvious shoe-in for DCA.
LOTS of money being pumped to DCA.....

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
to comment on Walt_Disney statements....
(his/hers in black...mine in blue)

Toy Story live, i'm not sure where this is going, but it looks like another replacement for Stich???

I can't see them having Buzz on one side of Tomorrowland and then Woody on the other...that's a little overkill for in TML if you ask me

Pirate-themed adventure is going in the Western way area.

Again, just don't see that from all other accounts of what the Western Way area is going to be like.

Nighttime show is going to AK, it will be in the new land where that concept art for the new Disney Park is being built, (CMM)

Possibly, but I don't think AK is ready for the nighttime droves of people that the other three parks handle. Just not enough attractions yet - and one 'major' nighttime show won't change that.

Monsters inc is going to MGM also

Don't know where you got that from - Midway Mania is, but not Monsters Inc. There has been (from my searching) no mention of Monsters coming to MGM at all.

Carland is an overlay for test track, yet one more move to make epcot into pixar land

There is no way they could do a new overlay for test track (without shutting it down for at least two years or longer) - and costing them millions and millions to do that sort of concept. Plus - I haven't heard GM is pulling out it's sponsership as of yet---anyone?
It took them years to get Test Track operating correctly as it is and the attraction is only right at 10 years old. Not to mention the HUGE wait times. I've never known TT to be a walk on as of yet. I don't think they would touch that right now.

Just my two cents...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ just to add....

DAK dosn`t have the infrastructure or sightlines needed yet for a night time show. Steve Davidson supposedly has one for when the park is ready and able. As for new land.... if there was one there is no way what is in the art would fit into the SW plot. Beastly had one moderate floorplan rollercoaster, a hedge maze and a small outdoor boat ride.

This Monsters Inc attraction is for Tokyo; using the newly developed (as per the WDI statement) technology of illuminating an object and making it appear transparent.

Test Track is NOT having an overlay. Even if it were there are 4 major rehabs to go even before TT sees one. The TT technology being used for a DCA Cars attraction has been widely reported for a year or two now. Budget was the main hurdle; if it`s come to fruition the new regieme overseeing DCA may have got it`s act together.

Unless you can give us some idea of the legitimacy of your statements? (note to Darth Plank; that`s not asking for names)

FutureCEO

no more theme parks in other countries....Japan, Paris, Orlando and Anaheim are fine....I have no clue what they were thinking about in China even though it has 1.5 billion people...the government is horrible

MiRi

That water show looks like it will be amazing. I would love for it to come to WDW.

I am curious to see where the new theme park would go. *crosses fingers it's WDW*

csm

Right..... Pixar land....

The Carland looks like an impression of the Cars spiner for WDSP - despite the fact the cars arn`t Cars themed, and all concept art and construction omits that bridge. Guess we can scarop that.

Carland is not going anywhere near a Paris park.

The night time show I`d almost certainly say is TDS. It`s extravagent enough, and looks to have the same Mickey on a raised platfrom that DisneySea Symphony had. Plus, single characters would have a poblem being seen on WS Lagoon. They`d be miniscule.

The DisneySea lagoon is quite large as well. Though I have a feeling it's not at all a park you're thinking it's for.

So now we have a title - Toy Story Mania. Maybe it`ll change, maybe it won`t. I hope the flat props in the show scenes come out better than they look - compared to the similar full dimensional props of Monsters Inc for TDL it looks cheap.

Whatever they're calling the ride these days, it is what it is. And it definitely is *not* Monsters Inc: Ride & Go Seek. Don't expect big elaborate scenes from the Toy Story ride.

I hate to say it, but the Pirates themed adventure and new park look too expensive for the US parks.

While I'd disgree that the bottom line is about how expeisnive something looks, you are correct that both of those concepts are not for a US park. Not surprisingly, both are for Asia, but neither are for Japan.

And please, remember Camp Minnie Mickey is a temporary placeholder.

In the same way Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toyland/Toontown Fair is a temporary placeholder :dazzle:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Carland is not going anywhere near a Paris park..
Nope, it`s not. That`s why I scrapped it with my bad spelling :lol:
The DisneySea lagoon is quite large as well. Though I have a feeling it's not at all a park you're thinking it's for.
Indeed it is, but the show concept worked for DSSymphony in exactly the same format.
Whatever they're calling the ride these days, it is what it is. And it definitely is *not* Monsters Inc: Ride & Go Seek. Don't expect big elaborate scenes from the Toy Story ride.
Sadly, I`m not expecting anything of the kind.
In the same way Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toyland/Toontown Fair is a temporary placeholder :dazzle:
In exactly the same way :wave:

RSoxNo1

I know a lot of you are down on Midway Mania, but to me it looks like a very entertaining attraction. The only problem I foresee is a lot of spinning with riders sitting back to back. If it's a combination of Spiderman at IOA and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin than I think it could be an unbelievable attraction. I was very impressed by Spiderman, and I think adding the interactive element to a 3d rover attraction is a very strong concept.

pacochran

I know a lot of you are down on Midway Mania, but to me it looks like a very entertaining attraction. The only problem I foresee is a lot of spinning with riders sitting back to back. If it's a combination of Spiderman at IOA and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin than I think it could be an unbelievable attraction. I was very impressed by Spiderman, and I think adding the interactive element to a 3d rover attraction is a very strong concept.

I have to agree with RSoxNo1 (go Red Sox). We did Universal for the first time this past December and we thought on of the best rides at IOA was Spiderman it was really unbelievable.

basas

The reason why DisneyQuest Chicago failed is because it was right next door to ESPNZone. Even the majority of the games in both places were the same. :lol:

Do you think it's location (way downtown) was part of the problem? It may have been to far for most suburban families and such to get to, park the car, etc. I wonder if they had built it more like WDW's near Woodfield Mall or something if it would have been more popular...

Walt_Disney

Do you think it's location (way downtown) was part of the problem? It may have been to far for most suburban families and such to get to, park the car, etc. I wonder if they had built it more like WDW's near Woodfield Mall or something if it would have been more popular...

I would like to know why it failed too. Every time I went there was a line out the door and often you had to wait at least an hour to get in because it was over crowded. Yes putting it next to ESPN zone was a bad idea, but to call it a failure, i disagree.

jedimaster1227

For one, I can say that this new park won't be going to Texas, as Fisher has been arguing...:rolleyes: But, has anyone noticed the strikingly obvious version of DisneySea's Mermaid Lagoon and an updated version of Port Discovery, both on the far left hand corner of the lagoon. The village on the right seems almost like a more European version of the fisherman's village on the face of the volcano from Mysterious Island... Any thoughts? :animwink:

Does this go back to my Western Way prediction that I made about a half a year ago? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom