Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

dxwwf3

Really dxwwf3, if you're allowing yourself five days to see the parks, it should be plenty of time to get most done, even if it's packed. I hope you have a great time. You are going to love their Fantasmic :sohappy:

Well in staying 5 days strictly at the two DL parks, we're hoping to get most of the stuff done with multiple rides. We're kind of looking at 3 1/2 days for Disneyland and 1 1/2 day for DCA.

Fantasmic at MGM blows away ROE and Wishes, IMO, so I fully expect to enjoy DL's version even more.

manutdfan1

this might sound crazy but it could be true. the day they are having the press conference(jan. 26) is autralia day. i know someone said that they think that concept art might be for a park in autralia. so i was thinking that it could be really true. just a thought...............

what yall think???????

jedimaster1227

The Sentinel said that when they interviewed one of the imagineers, he said that not all of these concepts will definitely see fruition-hence the "Dreaming" tag.

But then again, the Sentinel only relays information-it doesn't gather it.

CubsRock

I don't know why they would build anything in Chicago. No offence but that place is seriously hurting. The unions have made it so bad for coprorations to hold conventions there they are no longer comming.. and some areas of Chicago are so bad that cab drivers wont even go there.

I agree that Chicago is an unlikly location for the urban entertainment center but it is because of the way the concept art is drawn. it is drawn in a park-like setting and Chicago wouldn't let ANYONE build in our city parks. In reguards to the crime, Most cities have neighborhoods like that and Disney would build problably near downtown areas where "bad crimes" are less. Disney had chosen Chicago for a Failed disney quest as others have mentioned so it is not totally impossible for Chicago to see it, but makes it unlikely. Also other reports, including from others on this site, said that it is to likely go in Singapore.

socalkdg

Wow it's things like this that us WDW home park people just are not used to looking at when planning. If the flights are the same prices, we might try and look at moving it into mid July. We usually don't go to WDW early in the morning because there is never any sense of urgency because we know we'll be back in a few months, so the extra rest is worth it. With DL, we might not ever get to go back, so I think we'll be putting in some pretty full days. Or at least I will and the rest of the group can go rest at the resort in mid-day :lol:. Thanks so much for the advice.

EDIT: It looks like we wouldn't be able to go past the 1st week of July, which is usually a very crowded time for WDW, but as it's been said before DL is a different beast. So do you still think the 1st week of July would be less crowded than the last week in June? I know it's impossible to plan trips around new attractions, but we were REALLY looking forward to Submarine Voyage. If you and others think it is still unlikely that it would be open the 1st week of July, we would probably just go in the middle of June. So yeah we would be planning around one attraction :lol:

Also sorry for the thread drifts here dudes. I have needed the advice though :)
The park closes due to capacity on the 4th, thus a very crowded day. Then again if Nemo Subs is what you want, then I'd wait as long as possible before going, thus the week of the 4th might be the safest bet.

Remember that the two parks FP systems are not linked, additionally Grizzly River Rapids and Roger Rabbit are not on the system as well. So you can have 2 FPs from DCA as well as 2 FPs from DL.

Staying onsite or off?

dxwwf3

The park closes due to capacity on the 4th, thus a very crowded day. Then again if Nemo Subs is what you want, then I'd wait as long as possible before going, thus the week of the 4th might be the safest bet.

Remember that the two parks FP systems are not linked, additionally Grizzly River Rapids and Roger Rabbit are not on the system as well. So you can have 2 FPs from DCA as well as 2 FPs from DL.

Staying onsite or off?

Well we really want to see the Subs, but we possibly should trade off that attraction for a less crowded time. And going June 17-24 (one day at Universal Hollywood) might be the best bet for us. We're still not set in stone about anything. And we could just hope that they hit their target opening date for the Submarine Voyage.

We want to stay on-site for our first trip because we are so used to Disney World and staying in the "bubble", so we're hoping that if we stay at Paradise Pier, we'll be more comfortable in our new surroundings. We're the type of people who do not feel comfortable if we have to stay at a non Disney hotel when we go to WDW (and we had to do that for the first time last month on a last minute trip).

Expedia also has about $300 off a flight/hotel combo to Paradise Pier (and SNA airport) in the month of June and no discount in July. We have AAA, but not sure about the kind of discount you would get at the Disney hotels for that.

socalkdg

Well we really want to see the Subs, but we possibly should trade off that attraction for a less crowded time. And going June 17-24 (one day at Universal Hollywood) might be the best bet for us. We're still not set in stone about anything. And we could just hope that they hit their target opening date for the Submarine Voyage.

We want to stay on-site for our first trip because we are so used to Disney World and staying in the "bubble", so we're hoping that if we stay at Paradise Pier, we'll be more comfortable in our new surroundings. We're the type of people who do not feel comfortable if we have to stay at a non Disney hotel when we go to WDW (and we had to do that for the first time last month on a last minute trip).

Expedia also has about $300 off a flight/hotel combo to Paradise Pier (and SNA airport) in the month of June and no discount in July. We have AAA, but not sure about the kind of discount you would get at the Disney hotels for that.
The pipe problem in the lagoon was fixed fairly quickly and there is now an official release date of the week of June 4th. AP previews may start as early as late April. Last two weeks in June should be better than the 4th, it will save you money, and Subs looks to be open.

AAA used to offer a room/ticket package that gets you a FP for every ride at both parks for each day of tickets that you have. Check them out.

dxwwf3

The pipe problem in the lagoon was fixed fairly quickly and there is now an official release date of the week of June 4th. AP previews may start as early as late April. Last two weeks in June should be better than the 4th, it will save you money, and Subs looks to be open.

Excellent. Hopefully nothing else comes up.

AAA used to offer a room/ticket package that gets you a FP for every ride at both parks for each day of tickets that you have. Check them out.

WOW! I was going to call them about room only discounts, but that would be amazing.

ToTBellHop

I didn't think they offered the Unlimited Fastpass thing anymore...I got to take advantage of it in 2003, and it was very nice, so if they are still offering it, by all means utilize that option.

kaos

I don't know why they would build anything in Chicago. No offence but that place is seriously hurting. The unions have made it so bad for coprorations to hold conventions there they are no longer comming.. and some areas of Chicago are so bad that cab drivers wont even go there.

Know from that which you speak...

Chicago is the number 3 tourist city in the WORLD behind New York and Jerusalem, so know a little something about what you say before you say it.

Chicago is a good spot for a Disney venture, as evidenced by DisneyQuest, ESPN Zone, and the Disney Store. The entire "taking DIsney beyond the theme park" concept originated with an idea to make a Main Street shopping district in Chicago. The idea materialized as the Disney Store chain. ESPN Zone and DisneyQuest debuted in Chicago, and beyond any of that, recent surveys have shown that the majority of domestic visitors to WDW have been from the Chicago area. Further evidence to that was a few years back, Illinois residents qualified for the EXACT SAME program as Florida residents did for theme park admission, passes and specials. Disney also sponsors the Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights in Chicago every holiday season.

As for your comment on Corporations no longer holdig conventions in Chicago, please explain how the 4 new convention centers built in Chicago are booked through 2016, with McCormick Place set another huge expansion...

Know from that which you speak before spouting.

ToTBellHop

Majority of domestic WDW visitors from Chicago? No. That would mean at least 50% of WDW visitors are from Chicago. No way in heck. Nothing against Chicago, but that's a bogus statement.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Know from that which you speak...

Chicago is the number 3 tourist city in the WORLD behind New York and Jerusalem, so know a little something about what you say before you say it.

Chicago is a good spot for a Disney venture, as evidenced by DisneyQuest, ESPN Zone, and the Disney Store. The entire "taking DIsney beyond the theme park" concept originated with an idea to make a Main Street shopping district in Chicago. The idea materialized as the Disney Store chain. ESPN Zone and DisneyQuest debuted in Chicago, and beyond any of that, recent surveys have shown that the majority of domestic visitors to WDW have been from the Chicago area. Further evidence to that was a few years back, Illinois residents qualified for the EXACT SAME program as Florida residents did for theme park admission, passes and specials. Disney also sponsors the Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights in Chicago every holiday season.

As for your comment on Corporations no longer holdig conventions in Chicago, please explain how the 4 new convention centers built in Chicago are booked through 2016, with McCormick Place set another huge expansion...

Know from that which you speak before spouting.

Thank you!! Chicago is amazing, and with some of the plans they have for the future (i.e. indoor waterpark at navy pier, HUGE projects for Olympics), the city should be the obvious choice for something Disney does.

Majority of domestic WDW visitors from Chicago? No. That would mean at least 50% of WDW visitors are from Chicago. No way in heck. Nothing against Chicago, but that's a bogus statement.

You are right, it is not technically the "majority". But, lets take a look at this fictional chart.

15% New York 12% L.A. 18% Chicago.

Which one, out of these three, have the majority?

Because Chicago rocks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom