Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

dxwwf3

When are you going to Disneyland? Fantasmic! is not showing again until like...May. Also--10-15 minutes before the 2nd Fantasmic? Not by my experience. My experience is this:

1) Show up for Remember by 9 pm for any reasonable spot.
2) after Remember, there are throngs of people and since you are at the hub, you are stuck with them. One way traffic does allow you to get from the hub into Frontierland, but they typically block traffic heading west toward the Fantasmic! area, but immediately upon opening up those walkways, people lunge themselves into the area. If you aren't in that pack of people, there will be nothing front and center about your view. I never got a front seat but I always had a reasonably good view.

We're looking at late June because of Fantasmic being back as well as the Submarine Voyage slated to be open by then (I know they're having some trouble, but mid June is still the target opening from what I've heard).

So at Disneyland you can't get around the crowds by going in the shops on Main Street and coming out on the other side for an easy walk into the lands?

And as I said when talking about MGM's Fantasmic, I'm sort of used to being on the sides to view the show. However is DL's show designed where front and center is really the only way to see the show good? At MGM, I've been on the FAR right hand side and it didn't bother me.

I was referring to MGM's Fantasmic! in my original post, though.

Oops. I just read your previous post about the DL version and didn't read the next post clearly enough. My bad.

ToTBellHop

We're looking at late June because of Fantasmic being back as well as the Submarine Voyage slated to be open by then (I know they're having some trouble, but mid June is still the target opening from what I've heard).

So at Disneyland you can't get around the crowds by going in the shops on Main Street and coming out on the other side for an easy walk into the lands?

And as I said when talking about MGM's Fantasmic, I'm sort of used to being on the sides to view the show. However is DL's show designed where front and center is really the only way to see the show good? At MGM, I've been on the FAR right hand side and it didn't bother me.

Oops. I just read your previous post about the DL version and didn't read the next post clearly enough. My bad.
there are no "easy walks" anywhere after Remember. It is literally wall-to-wall people. i.e. you don't move. I have always gone to WDW during crowded periods and never seen crowds like I saw after Remember--it can take 10-15 minutes to get from the hub to the entrance of Frontierland (and it's Disneyland...so that's like 25 feet). The park is just too small to handle that many people in the hub. There is one-way traffic set up, as well, so you can't, for example, walk into Adventureland from the hub.

You certainly don't have to be front and center for Fantasmic!, but you also don't want to be way to either side. Keep in mind that since the walkway that you sit/stand on to watch the show is no where near as wide as the seating in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre, so that limits how many people can fit there...and they have to keep a walkway for people to move, too, so they have specifically roped-off sections. They have crowd control down pretty well at Disneyland, but they will never be able to fix the fact that the park is simply too small for the crowds it sees...and it all comes to a boil at night before the shows...or all day in Adventureland.

dxwwf3

there are no "easy walks" anywhere after Remember. It is literally wall-to-wall people. i.e. you don't move. I have always gone to WDW during crowded periods and never seen crowds like I saw after Remember--it can take 10-15 minutes to get from the hub to the entrance of Frontierland (and it's Disneyland...so that's like 25 feet). The park is just too small to handle that many people in the hub. There is one-way traffic set up, as well, so you can't, for example, walk into Adventureland from the hub.

You certainly don't have to be front and center for Fantasmic!, but you also don't want to be way to either side. Keep in mind that since the walkway that you sit/stand on to watch the show is no where near as wide as the seating in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre, so that limits how many people can fit there...and they have to keep a walkway for people to move, too, so they have specifically roped-off sections. They have crowd control down pretty well at Disneyland, but they will never be able to fix the fact that the park is simply too small for the crowds it sees...and it all comes to a boil at night before the shows...or all day in Adventureland.

Well that should save us some headaches then. Since we're staying for 5 days at DLR, I guess we could try and see the shows on separate nights. Although I would like to have a lot of spare time at night to ride outdoor attractions then, so if we could see both nighttime spectaculars on the same night it would help some.

We're really trying to set it up so our 5 days are all on weekdays so that might help a little as well. But I know it will still be very crowded because it's June. However, after spending New Year's Eve at Epcot this year, I think we'll be a little more prepared for huge crowds :lol:

ToTBellHop

Well that should save us some headaches then. Since we're staying for 5 days at DLR, I guess we could try and see the shows on separate nights. Although I would like to have a lot of spare time at night to ride outdoor attractions then, so if we could see both nighttime spectaculars on the same night it would help some.

We're really trying to set it up so our 5 days are all on weekdays so that might help a little as well. But I know it will still be very crowded because it's June. However, after spending New Year's Eve at Epcot this year, I think we'll be a little more prepared for huge crowds :lol:
If you only want to see them once, see them on the save night. It's stressful but you'll waste less time overall. I just love the nighttime shows...so I saw Remember and Fantasmic! EVERY night...one caveat though: most of the park becomes a parking lot at night. Fantasyland is basically closed before and after Remember (most of the rides close due to the pyro) and the entire western half of the park is a nightmare due to Fantasmic!, so stick to Tomorrowland (thankfully Rockin'-free by then), DCA, and DTD. DTD actually offers a pretty cool view of Remember from over near the Rainforest Cafe.

TP2000

Original Poster
one caveat though: most of the park becomes a parking lot at night. Fantasyland is basically closed before and after Remember (most of the rides close due to the pyro) and the entire western half of the park is a nightmare due to Fantasmic!, so stick to Tomorrowland (thankfully Rockin'-free by then), DCA, and DTD. DTD actually offers a pretty cool view of Remember from over near the Rainforest Cafe.

True. But all bets on Tomorrowland are off by next June. Once Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opens, Tomorrowland will likely become much more congested during all park operating hours.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have to cancel the evening bands at Tomorrowland Terrace because the dancefloor is being used for submarine queue switchbacks! :lol:

ToTBellHop

oh yeah...I had forgotten...what a nightmare that will be...they'll have to figure something out so the lines aren't out of control...it's a pity the ride has such low capacity.

SilentWindODoom

I don't think it will happen, but in the event that the 5th gate is announced, which I highly doubt for this year, Mysterious Island won't make a transition over to here, nor will the volcano from Journey to the Center of the Earth. I don't see 20,000 Leagues under the Sea making a return any time soon...

Oh, we know a 5th Gate likely isnt coming any time soon, but it's nice to dream. Now, are you saying that, if a 5th Gate did come, it wouldn't be Disneysea, or that if Disneysea came, it wouldn't have Mysterious Island and/or 20K and JTTCOTE?

Disneysea in WDW would be amazing. I'd also like to see Disney's America. I don't know what Disney was originally planning, but I imagine it as kind of like a larger version of the World Showcase with various cities and regions instead of countries. The entrance could be Orlando, and the icon of the park would be an oversized version of the Washington Monument in the D.C. pavillion. One of these days I gotta get it in the Imagineering Board, but I've made a crapload of sketches... in class.

:lookaroun

tirian

If anyone would like to open a fifth gate at Walt Disney World, simply go to Home Depot, buy a gate, and stick it in a ditch somewhere on property. Then charge people to walk through the gate and back around again until Disney catches you.

Epcot82Guy

If anyone would like to open a fifth gate at Walt Disney World, simply go to Home Depot, buy a gate, and stick it in a ditch somewhere on property. Then charge people to walk through the gate and back around again until Disney catches you.

Well, to be honest, there are already 5 gates at WDW... Epcot's got two! :p So, 6th gate anyone?

RSoxNo1

Well, to be honest, there are already 5 gates at WDW... Epcot's got two! :p So, 6th gate anyone?

I suppose we should count the water parks too... is there a gate anywhere in downtown disney?

Will we be hearing any surprises at these upcoming press events, or does this leaked info pretty much cover everything we'll be hearing?

Epcot82Guy

I suppose we should count the water parks too... is there a gate anywhere in downtown disney?

Will we be hearing any surprises at these upcoming press events, or does this leaked info pretty much cover everything we'll be hearing?

Oooooh. Good point. Plus DQ. Let's see. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..

THE 8TH GATE WILL THE THE MAGICAL WORLD OF HARRY POTTER! You saw it here first, folks! :cool: Lee, you can come clean now since I spilled the beans. :zipit:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oooooh. Good point. Plus DQ. Let's see. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..

THE 8TH GATE WILL THE THE MAGICAL WORLD OF HARRY POTTER! You saw it here first, folks!
NO NO NO! It`s Villans Kingdom I tell you. Harry Potter will be the mythical land of franchises that disappeared as part of phase 3. Of course, none of this will be started until the monorail is extended since it`ll be out at the Western Way resort area. Yep, that`s the one. Next to the nightclub and restaurant complex.

Of course the monorail spur will come from the new T&TC South at Epcot. And you thought that long ramp from the current platform was just a crowd control device?

You`ve still goto feel sorry for the Swan and Dolphin. Just finished a multi million dollar rehab and they`ll be covered in dust again whilst the central blocks of rooms are removed for the monorail track.

socalkdg

Do not go the week of June 24-29. Its the last week that So Cal Passholders can go until the end of Summer. Its packed.

If you have to go in June then go June 10-15 or June 17-22 as the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week are blackout days for So Cal Passholders.

I wouldn't expect Nemo Subs to be open before the 4th of July. There have been some delays, plus they want to wait until the two lowest levels of passholders(the So Cals) are blacked out.

This past year I found July to be less crowded then June. No matter what, just use FP frequently at both parks, go early, and you should be ok.

dxwwf3

Do not go the week of June 24-29. Its the last week that So Cal Passholders can go until the end of Summer. Its packed.

If you have to go in June then go June 10-15 or June 17-22 as the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week are blackout days for So Cal Passholders.

I wouldn't expect Nemo Subs to be open before the 4th of July. There have been some delays, plus they want to wait until the two lowest levels of passholders(the So Cals) are blacked out.

This past year I found July to be less crowded then June. No matter what, just use FP frequently at both parks, go early, and you should be ok.

Wow it's things like this that us WDW home park people just are not used to looking at when planning. If the flights are the same prices, we might try and look at moving it into mid July. We usually don't go to WDW early in the morning because there is never any sense of urgency because we know we'll be back in a few months, so the extra rest is worth it. With DL, we might not ever get to go back, so I think we'll be putting in some pretty full days. Or at least I will and the rest of the group can go rest at the resort in mid-day :lol:. Thanks so much for the advice.

EDIT: It looks like we wouldn't be able to go past the 1st week of July, which is usually a very crowded time for WDW, but as it's been said before DL is a different beast. So do you still think the 1st week of July would be less crowded than the last week in June? I know it's impossible to plan trips around new attractions, but we were REALLY looking forward to Submarine Voyage. If you and others think it is still unlikely that it would be open the 1st week of July, we would probably just go in the middle of June. So yeah we would be planning around one attraction :lol:

Also sorry for the thread drifts here dudes. I have needed the advice though :)

LilDucky

I went last year on June 29th, and it didnt seem that bad, even with POTC having just been opened with the last 3 or 4 days.

Although really, it may not have seemed that bad considering Ive done 7 consecutive NYE's :dazzle:

Really dxwwf3, if you're allowing yourself five days to see the parks, it should be plenty of time to get most done, even if it's packed. I hope you have a great time. You are going to love their Fantasmic :sohappy:

hauntdmansion79

I really hope this attraction is similar to Spiderman and not as much like Buzz Lightyear at MK.

Amen to that! I would love it if the Toy Story attraction was constructed with 3-dimensional sets more like Spiderman or Men In Black rather than 2-D cut-outs such as Buzz, or only have screens. However, from the concept art, it looks like Monsters Inc. will have 3-dimensional props and sets, and Toy Story will be cardboard cut-outs. It's probably so it can be replaced more easily. Hopefully the 3-D effects will make up for the lack of detail to the actual physical environment.

Fingers crossed....as always!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom