Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

Mansion Butler

Clearly the urban entertainment center is in Chicago, look at the skyline, it's Chicago. And for the fool who said Chicago is falling apart, they are a moron, i was born and raised in Chicago for 25 years and it's not like that all!!!! It's THE best city in the World.

Toy Story live, i'm not sure where this is going, but it looks like another replacement for Stich???

Pirate-themed adventure is going in the Western way area.

nighttime show is going to AK, it will be in the new land where that concept art for the new Disney Park is being built, (CMM)

We all know about toy story

Monsters inc is going to MGM also

Carland is an overlay for test track, yet one more move to make epcot into pixar land

What the heck? Where do you get this stuff?

SpaceMountainUK

The new disney park is most probably the early concept design for HKDLs second gate.....the mountains in the distance suit the location of where HKDL is located and it fits the time frame of when the 2nd park is due 2010-2012...thats 3-5yrs away just the right amount of time to plan a new park and get it built

jedimaster1227

The new disney park is most probably the early concept design for HKDLs second gate.....the mountains in the distance suit the location of where HKDL is located and it fits the time frame of when the 2nd park is due 2010-2012...thats 3-5yrs away just the right amount of time to plan a new park and get it built

I don't think so, considering that HKDL doesn't even have the signature Magic Kingdom attractions yet. Until it gets the necesscary attractions like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I don't see a second gate happening.

ToTBellHop

I would also point out that people wait the longest for Fantasmic! Whereas you can show up for IllumiNations! or Wishes 5 or 10 minutes before showtime and get a great spot, during busy seasons you have to show up no later than 30-45 minutes before Fantasmic! to get a seat--an hour for a good seat. If people did not like the show, they would not spend that hour sitting on uncomfortable bleachers when they could be riding the Tower of Terror after dark...of course, thanks to EMH, I can now see Fantasmic! and ride the ToT after dark :-D

SilentWindODoom

Hmm... Almost everyone here doesn't think that the new park is a 5th gate, but in the event it is, and they do the volcano in the center, does that mean the return of 20,000 Leagues to WDW? :D :D :D

dxwwf3

I would also point out that people wait the longest for Fantasmic! Whereas you can show up for IllumiNations! or Wishes 5 or 10 minutes before showtime and get a great spot, during busy seasons you have to show up no later than 30-45 minutes before Fantasmic! to get a seat--an hour for a good seat. If people did not like the show, they would not spend that hour sitting on uncomfortable bleachers when they could be riding the Tower of Terror after dark...of course, thanks to EMH, I can now see Fantasmic! and ride the ToT after dark :-D

Dang. I'm really looking forward to seeing the original show at DL and I'm the kind of guy who does walk up to Illuminations or Wishes about 5 minutes before and walks into the 2nd showing of Fantasmic 5 minutes before and get in the Standing Room Only section. I knew there was obviously less space for the DL show, but I didn't think I'd have to wait about 45 minutes for both Fantasmic and Remember (for the hub viewing spot, which I was already expecting to wait that long for).

Scar Junior

Is the entire annual report available online?

PS. The Park at MOA was sold to the Mall (from Cedar Fair)... I don't think the Mall was sold. Like mentioned before, the Mall is going to double in size soon!

PPS. Chicago is hardly the best city in the world.

PPPS. Anyone think the non-WDW attractions might be cloned and brought to the World? Which ones would you like to see? Which ones are most likely to come? (Personally, I'd rather have a Monsters Dark Ride than comedy club)

jedimaster1227

Hmm... Almost everyone here doesn't think that the new park is a 5th gate, but in the event it is, and they do the volcano in the center, does that mean the return of 20,000 Leagues to WDW? :D :D :D

I don't think it will happen, but in the event that the 5th gate is announced, which I highly doubt for this year, Mysterious Island won't make a transition over to here, nor will the volcano from Journey to the Center of the Earth. I don't see 20,000 Leagues under the Sea making a return any time soon...

Damien666

Let's see, Carland is going in the Timon Lot of DCA I believe. Quite frankly I can't wait for it since it does look like a solid E ticket. (Even though the breakdowns may be higher since it looks like Test Track x2.)

The lagoon show is going to DCA, and I believe Toy Story live might replace the Aladdin show there.

The Pirate area is going to HKDL no doubt and I'm going with the urban entertainment area at Singapore.

Monsters Inc is going in TDL's Tomorrowland and I have a feeling they will show they can make a better version then anything in the US...again. :p

As for Midway Mania in MGM and DCA, I'm hoping the actual attraction's turn out better then the concept art. It does seem to be a bit above MIB, but I can't really say yet due to I prefer shooting darkrides with AA's then on a screen. As for being something like Spiderman, it's not even close. Spiderman has yet to be matched or topped by anyone.

SpaceMountainUK

You say that but I may be wrong on this but I belive the contract with the HK government meant disney had to come up with a 2nd park concept to get the land that has been reclaimed...otherwise it cld be sold off, much like Disneyland Paris...the studios was only built because the agreement said a park had to go there in a certain time frame otherwise the land was going to be sold off (in paris's case to some supermarket!) hence the half-baked park that got built there!

I don't think so, considering that HKDL doesn't even have the signature Magic Kingdom attractions yet. Until it gets the necesscary attractions like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I don't see a second gate happening.

jedimaster1227

As for being something like Spiderman, it's not even close. Spiderman has yet to be matched or topped by anyone.

Thats a pretty hard attraction considering how much work, money and technology went into that ride. The ride system, use of 3-D ride synching while in motion and multi-dimensional illusions and effects made this ride hard to trump.

You say that but I may be wrong on this but I belive the contract with the HK government meant disney had to come up with a 2nd park concept to get the land that has been reclaimed...otherwise it cld be sold off, much like Disneyland Paris...the studios was only built because the agreement said a park had to go there in a certain time frame otherwise the land was going to be sold off (in paris's case to some supermarket!) hence the half-baked park that got built there!

Also a deal like the one for Tokyo Disneyland, but I don't think the deal encompasses a short time frame of only 5 years, considering that Hong Kong Disneyland only opened in 2005.

SpaceMountainUK

Ive heard Universal is looking to buy the land opposite HKDL but this sounds like a crazy rumour!?

Thats a pretty hard attraction considering how much work, money and technology went into that ride. The ride system, use of 3-D ride synching while in motion and multi-dimensional illusions and effects made this ride hard to trump.

Also a deal like the one for Tokyo Disneyland, but I don't think the deal encompasses a short time frame of only 5 years, considering that Hong Kong Disneyland only opened in 2005.

TP2000

Original Poster
TP2000, don't take this the wrong way I am just curious....this isn't a slam comment. But when you say some of these rides are "cleearly" overseas rides and stuff is that solid info. or just your opinion.:wave:

My opinion based on stuff I've read online from Al Lutz, etc. These pictures all match up with projects and proposals that Miceage has been talking about repeatedly in Al Lutz updates.

Jim Hill has a story online today about these pictures too. Mr. Hill is late to the party on this one, but he basically confirms that these are all projects coming to parks in Anaheim and Asia. With the exception of the Toy Story Mania clone going in to both DCA and MGM at the same time next year, none of this stuff is currently planned for Florida.

Hope that clears up my "clearly" statements! :D And I used to live in Acton, out from Boston on Route 9, so I hope all is going well there in Mass! :wave:

culturenthrills

Dang. I'm really looking forward to seeing the original show at DL and I'm the kind of guy who does walk up to Illuminations or Wishes about 5 minutes before and walks into the 2nd showing of Fantasmic 5 minutes before and get in the Standing Room Only section. I knew there was obviously less space for the DL show, but I didn't think I'd have to wait about 45 minutes for both Fantasmic and Remember (for the hub viewing spot, which I was already expecting to wait that long for).

The best thing to do is do Remember and then walk over for the 2nd Fantasmic. We did it both nights this past summer. For Fantasmic at DL for the second show you can walk up 10-15 minutes before the 2nd show and get a spot dead center if you don't mind standing. Yes, you have to get there early for Remember if you want that spot in the hub right in front of the castle.

dxwwf3

The best thing to do is do Remember and then walk over for the 2nd Fantasmic. We did it both nights this past summer. For Fantasmic at DL for the second show you can walk up 10-15 minutes before the 2nd show and get a spot dead center if you don't mind standing. Yes, you have to get there early for Remember if you want that spot in the hub right in front of the castle.

OK that sounds good. I haven't been able to look at some old DL park schedules, so I didn't know if they had two Fantasmic shows or not (especially with Remember going on at the same time). I thought everyone had to stand at Fantasmic anyways, so I don't mind that at all. Thanks for the info.

ToTBellHop

OK that sounds good. I haven't been able to look at some old DL park schedules, so I didn't know if they had two Fantasmic shows or not (especially with Remember going on at the same time). I thought everyone had to stand at Fantasmic anyways, so I don't mind that at all. Thanks for the info.
When are you going to Disneyland? Fantasmic! is not showing again until like...May. Also--10-15 minutes before the 2nd Fantasmic? Not by my experience. My experience is this:

1) Show up for Remember by 9 pm for any reasonable spot.
2) after Remember, there are throngs of people and since you are at the hub, you are stuck with them. One way traffic does allow you to get from the hub into Frontierland, but they typically block traffic heading west toward the Fantasmic! area, but immediately upon opening up those walkways, people lunge themselves into the area. If you aren't in that pack of people, there will be nothing front and center about your view. I never got a front seat but I always had a reasonably good view.

I was referring to MGM's Fantasmic! in my original post, though. Someone had mentioned it getting old compared to the newer IllumiNations! and Wishes, and I said people still waited the longest for Fantasmic! Things work a little differently at Disneyland b/c nighttime entertainment is so packed together, but there are always throngs of people rushing to get seats along the banks of the Rivers of America right after Remember ends. It might be different depending on when your trip is, though--I went in August...but from my understanding, Disneyland is packed every weekend night, which is why they are open so late (by WDW standards) every weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom