If you could ride only one extinct WDW attraction...

Mr.EPCOT

I would say HORIZONS, my all-time favorite attraction, unless I could spend a day exploring CommuniCore, which I never really got to visit very much, and seemed so much nicer and better than Innoventions.

Of course, just being able to spend a day at EPCOT Center would be nice.

I second the vote for River Country, too, I never got to go there.

hpyhnt 1000

Horizons hands down. It was gone by the time I visited Epcot for the first time in 2000. It's the one attraction that I really have a longing to experience in person.

LenYJr

Horizons or Skyway.

I just barely remember going on Skyway but remember that it was really cool

I definately remember going on Horizons twice in the 90's and was crushed when I couldn't go on it again in 2001.

kc1296426

The Mr. Toad at Disneyland was redesigned in 1982 before Eisner came along (1984). Personally, I think it's currently thousands of times better than the one at The Magic Kingdom was. To me, MK's felt like a day-glo drug trip gone bad.
I knew that Eisner went on the Disney board after the Toad at DL, but it just always reminded me of him. It just seemed like an attraction that Eisner would
have control over.

kc1296426

With all of this talk about Horizons, do you think Disney would ever consider rebuilding it? Maybe in a different location and updated of course. I mean the wand is gone so they do know we like the classic Epcot (Center)!
Haha, I wish. It's kind of "impossible" in a certain way to re-erect Horizons, even if it was an updated version of it. Lots of the props and cars and old artifacts of it and gone, some to ebay, some to the lost world of backstage disney archives, and just...most of them are gone. But it never heards to dream, right? Because if we can dream it, we can do it.

:lookaroun...:cool:

jessfriends

Definitely HORIZIONS!!!

I miss this ride so much! I rode it like 7 times in a row on the last day of my trip since I knew it was going to close. My parents said that was enough and we had to get going, but I remember beging to go on again until they closed the park for the day. I actually cried when I rode it for the last time. That ride is my all time favorite and has inspired me. It's hard to explain.

PintoColvig

This is easy.

It would have to be Horizons

No, Universe of Energy

No, the original SSE

No, Journey into Imagination, the original

Oh, I know. The Swan Boats.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As a young'un who hasn't gotten to experience all of the classic rides, I'd have to go with the original Jouney Into Imagination with the same post-show place they had then.

tomm4004

1. Horizons
2. World of Motion
3. Timekeeper
4. 20,000 Leagues
5. Superstar Television
6. Journey into Imagination
7. Monster Sound Show

The bottom five are the saddest actually because they were replaced with an awful comedy show, a temporary playground, nothing, a dreadful replacement ride, and a mediocre sound show, respectively. At least 1. and 2. got decent replacements, although not as good as the originals.

Also, honourable mention to the Hunchback show at MGM, but I always expected it to be temporary. And it actually lasted longer than I thought. But it was and is my favourite WDW stage show.

JEANYLASER

1. Dreamflight
2. Journey into Imagination
3. Horizons
4. 20,000 League
5. Skyride
6. Mission to Mars
7. Universe of Energy
8. If You Had Wings
9. Mickey Mouse Review
10. SpaceShip Earth Walter Conkite

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom