If you could ride only one extinct WDW attraction...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Those boats that took you around Magic Kingdom in front of the castle!!

psbcp1.jpg

I second this, as I never rode it.

I think I've probably done everything else at one time or the other.

scpergj

Horizions....definitly Horizions.

Horizions is the main "old" ride in all of WDW that we both rode together and is now gone. We didn't do Body Wars (I had ridden it before and it made me sick), Mr. Toad was OK, but wasn't a favorite for us. I also have fond memories of World of Motion (it was my maternal grandmothers favorite ride), but we like Test Track (I still think motion was better, but she never rode it...it was being built when we visited our first time).

Horizions...definitly Horizions.

Kevin

Thiger

The question is...if you could ride only one extinct attraction from Walt Disney World, what would it be?

Mine would be the old Eastern Airlines "If You Had Wings".

I watch the youtube video almost everyday i love that ride so much.

Horizons is a close second

and...if they ever opened Lafitte's portrait deck I would take a family portrait there in a second.

Kristamouse

I didn't go to WDW 2002 so I miss out on 20k. Our trip that year was last minute, as in Naples is boring lets go to WDW and we did that afternoon. The whole drive my DH and BIL were talking about how much they were looking forward to that ride. (We didn't know anything about WDW then and obviously that the ride was gone). We were all bummed that it was gone. DLR has one right, I guess I could get DH to go there now.

kc1296426

Horizons ......Hands down.
Remember...Toad is still at D.L.
Yeah, yeah Toad is still at DL...but it definitly isn't the same. Especially since WDW's had 2 two tracks. That ride at DL feels like the Eisner version of it. :dazzle:

My vote definitly goes to Mr. Toad's. Wild. Flipping. Ride.

Sabrefan14

mr. toads, horizons, and journey into imagination. its also too bad alien encouter is gone. i also pray carousel of progress never leaves

Yes, I am with you on the Carousel of Progress, that show is my favorite and I have many fond memories going on that ride with my family. As for a ride I wish I could go on is Horizons, I went on that ride once but I was too young to remember.

daverube

There are lots of attractions I'm hazy on due to riding them many years ago....

I do remember enjoying Mr. Toad, Skyway and Imagination........

However, I think I'd like to see the ORIGINAL Tropical Serenade.....and then get a plastic orange filled with orange juice as "brought to you by the Orange Bird".....

my 2 cents....

dave

Kwit35

1. Horizons
2. World of Motion (never got to see it)
3. Journey into Imagination
4. Mr. Toads Wild Ride

I second that motion. Horizons is definately #1. Without a hesitaion, Horizons. But WOM, JII, and Mr. Toad come in a close second, third, and forth. I miss Horizons...:(
*If you had wings is a tie for forth*

CThaddeus

Yeah, yeah Toad is still at DL...but it definitly isn't the same. Especially since WDW's had 2 two tracks. That ride at DL feels like the Eisner version of it. :dazzle:

My vote definitly goes to Mr. Toad's. Wild. Flipping. Ride.

The Mr. Toad at Disneyland was redesigned in 1982 before Eisner came along (1984). Personally, I think it's currently thousands of times better than the one at The Magic Kingdom was. To me, MK's felt like a day-glo drug trip gone bad.
I would have to say World of Motion would be the one I'd like to go on, only because I never got to go on it. I've seen many videos - enough to know I really like what was there. Otherwise, I'd go with many others and say Horizons...a classic that didn't deserve the awful fate it was given (then again, neither did World of Motion).

tigger248

I have to do a top 5....it's way too hard to pick just one!

1. Horizons - hands down
2. 20,000 Leagues - I only rode it once and as a 5 year old, I really believed that we were in a submarine!
3. Skyway to tomorrowland/fantasyland
4. the original Journey into Imagination
5. World of Motion

I hated Toad as a kid...I was terrified of the scene when Toad went to hades!

I think I remember Disneyland's subs more than 20,000 Leagues since I went there more often as a kid, what with living in Southern California. Which, I think, is why I was so interested in WDW's version. Sadly, I didn't make it back to WDW until 1997, 3 years after their closure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom