If you could ride only one extinct WDW attraction...

btk2333

For me it's definitely Horizons, then World of Motion.

Those are the two that I miss the most

And to the posters hoping the CoP never goes away, I feel the same way, I remember many a crowded, hot day at WDW when my family would ride that over and over to stay out of the sun. My mom hated that song but my little brother and I would sing it over and over again :lol:

InfernalPenguin

Most definitely Horizons. I have fond memories as a kid of that ride, and when I came back they had taken it out, but since I was so young (probably like 6 or 7) I didn't understand the concept of a ride in Disney being decomissioned so I always asked to go on "the ride where you push the button and look at space and stuff"... which would of course lead my mom to put me on Spaceship Earth. She just assumed, sort of ignoring the button stuff.

Oh, and 20k Leagues Under The Sea. I was too afraid as a kid the first four or five times I went.

It was also a case of mistaken identity. I would ask for "the submarine ride" (meaning The Living Seas) and my mom would think I mean 20k Leagues... which I would then reject, then lose interest in what I wanted and go ride something else.

Man, I was a flighty kid, wasn't I.

Always regret I never got on the "the submarine" tho.

Fun2BFree

World of Motion... only seen it on videos and old guidebooks. I remember riding Horizons, but being four or five, I didn't pick too much of it up.

I would love to ride "If You Had Wings" once more. As for an overall attraction, I really miss "The Mickey Mouse Revue". I saw it only once in 1978. It was charming and beautiful classic Disney. I still think it's awful that they ripped it out and shipped it to Tokyo.

Would like to re-ride Alien ancounter, that ride was so much better than stitch.

But also loved the skyway and 20,000 leagues under the sea (even though I only ever managed one ride on this back in the 80;s)

Hrudey3032

It is tough but my top 5 would be

1. Horizons
2. If you Had Wings
3. World of Motion
4. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
5. Skyway

Laura

Premium Member
Gosh I have no idea what I'd choose. Horizons and World of Motion were nice, but they were just the same thing as Spaceship Earth except a different theme, so I don't think I'd choose them.

I absolutely loved Mr. Toad, but I think I'm gonna pick 20,000 leagues, just because it was so corny that I hardly ever rode it when it was there.

And if it wasn't a ride we were talking about, I'd love to see ImageWorks fully restored to it's 1980's glory.

Disneyfanman

I never got to ride Horizons. Of the ones that I experienced:

1) 20,000 Leagues. I really wish my kids could see this one.
2) Skyway. I loved it.
3) Imagination 1.0. My memories of that attraction are wonderful. I get really POd every time I ride the current version.

Mr. Toad always gave me a "meh" at WDW. Disneyland's is much better. I wondered if I was remembering that wrong, but I went on Youtube and watched both attraction ride through videos. It still made me go "meh". I still really liked DLs.

Disney Rocks.

DougK

With all of this talk about Horizons, do you think Disney would ever consider rebuilding it? Maybe in a different location and updated of course. I mean the wand is gone so they do know we like the classic Epcot (Center)!

montyz81

With all of this talk about Horizons, do you think Disney would ever consider rebuilding it? Maybe in a different location and updated of course. I mean the wand is gone so they do know we like the classic Epcot (Center)!
I have been saying all along they could rebuild it in DCA or whatever it will be called!

jeffb

My Top 5 would be

1. Horizons
2. Imagination V1
3. If you had Wings
4. COP - Now is the Time version
5. 20K

tmaziarz

Alien ENCOUNTER

I remember my wife yelling "He's behind me, he's behind me"

Now that was a ride, Disney shouldn't have changed that ride, adults need ride too at the kingdom.

waiting for my tax return to book my flight for NOV trip:sohappy:

Kwit35

It is just wishful thinking. However, I am wishing right along with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom