If you could ride only one extinct WDW attraction...

hokielutz

With all of this talk about Horizons, do you think Disney would ever consider rebuilding it? Maybe in a different location and updated of course. I mean the wand is gone so they do know we like the classic Epcot (Center)!

I know I am going to get beat over the head for saying this... and this is just my opinion.. but I think the majority of the public, including those on this board, would be underwhelmed if Disney did bring back Horizons, in its prior form. (alas, doing a modern refurb would draw skepticism from those here also)
I think we (this message board population) would ride it once or twice for nostalga reasons... but then immediately make tracks to TT and Soarin. I just highly doubt that it is a viable attraction today.

jakeman

I know I am going to get beat over the head for saying this... and this is just my opinion.. but I think the majority of the public, including those on this board, would be underwhelmed if Disney did bring back Horizons, in its prior form. (alas, doing a modern refurb would draw skepticism from those here also)
I think we (this message board population) would ride it once or twice for nostalga reasons... but then immediately make tracks to TT and Soarin. I just highly doubt that it is a viable attraction today.
Get out of here with your logic and forward thinking!:ROFLOL:

I agree with you 100%.

PrincessMiko

Though I agree with the post above that we all probably have an over-glorified memory of Horizons, that's what gets my vote!

or Delta Dreamflight...that was the very first ride I ever went on at Magic Kingdom!

daringstoic

The original Imagination ride with Figment in all his glory. I only remember parts of it, but it was always one of my favorite rides when I was little. I also loved the upper floor of the pavilion with that rainbow tunnel. We were so sad when they re-did it and basically killed off that whole pavilion.

yellowrocket

just one!?!?

• Original Complete Disney/MGM Backlot Tour
  • Mission to Mars
  • Horizons
  • Superstar Television
  • Monster Sound Show
  • Countdown to Extinction (original ride profile)
  • Living Seas Seacabs with Original Film
  • World of Motion
  • Journey into Imagination (origional)
  • Kitchen Kabaret
  • Mike Fink Keelboats
  • Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes
  • Swan Boats
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Water Ski Show on the Seven Seas Lagoon
  • Emperess Lilly (not a ride, but oh well...)

but if only one... it'd have to be If You Had Wings

hokielutz

My original response was only targeted at the notion to bring horizons back. I didn't mean to defame anyone's wish to ride it again. I'd ride horizons again, but it is not my favorite of years past.

Bringing an old ride back is just not very Disney. Walt was always looking to the future.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

pelham304

Horizons 2108

Hello imagineers?

Epcot can become Epcot center if thet could imagine life in the 22nd century right?

I miss Horzons, World of Motion, and the old vision of Epcot CENTER!

I am a lover of Disney who now lothes the name NIMO.

CThaddeus

I know I'm not the whole board, but I for one would not be at all underwhelmed if Horizons reopened tomorrow. Sure technological updates to it would be great, but I can still watch my 1996 videos or listen to Mousebits audio and be happily taken back to a time when EPCOT's vision of the future seemed promising and bright instead of a future dominated by lame thrill rides (Test Track), non-educational Imax films in barely moving seats (Soarin'), or rides about fish that teach you nothing about fish...except that they seem to get lost a lot (Journey Into Your Imagination ;) ). Personally, I always thought of Horizons like I thought of the pre-Depp Pirates of the Caribbean - one of the jewels of the Park...an amazing experience you couldn't get anywhere else in the world. Sadly, Disney now seems to prefer to pawn their best jewels (instead of just polishing them up a bit) and replace them with cubic zirconia. Maybe they should call it QVCOT.

Hrudey3032

Hello imagineers?

Epcot can become Epcot center if thet could imagine life in the 22nd century right?

I miss Horzons, World of Motion, and the old vision of Epcot CENTER!

I am a lover of Disney who now lothes the name NIMO.[/quote]

I loathe that guy too.He is trying to ride his little brother NEMO's coattails.
:animwink:

Disney_Belle

Though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic, I miss the old Lion King Show they had there. I was fascinated by it.

And as previous posters have said the original Backlot Tour, the original JIYI and the Seacabs at the Living Seas. Though for some reason, the preshow movie with how the oceans and what not were formed, and the plan for Sea Base, it all scared me I have no idea why, but I just didn't like it lol.

Number_6

I would definitely have to go with Horizons. It was my favorite ride growing up and I went on it multiple times each trip.

Others I would like to be able to ride again:
20,000 Leagues (I went on this a couple of times, including with my grandfather on my first ever visit to MK back when I was 3 or 4).

Journey Into Imagination(Original) I loved it. It was longer than the current version, far more amusing and had a great post show area.

World of Motion, I remember the lighted footprints going up the wall alongside the ride vehicles, the caveman blowing on his foot and all sorts of other great scenes that I really miss.

SSE (Walter Cronkite Narration) This was the first version of SSE that I got to ride, and still my favorite. The narration was fantastic and we had the great descent with "Tomorrow's Child" playing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom