I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

gwhb75

Really...how old are you? Yiou have taken this thread so far off track that I must declare:
ThreadDerailed.jpg
Isn't that train guilty of "line" jumping?

cdunbar

Have you ever been nearly knocked over or seen your child overrun by 50 or so teenagers all catching up with therir friends in line?
Or been literally stampeded...till you have you wouldn't understand
Sometimes you just have to P.ee and then get in line to catch up with family.
Exactly

It's just you and Grizzly:shrug:
Pretty much

*cuts in line*

:lookaroun
Nice...I love it fishy!:sohappy:

Tater48

How about we settle this like this: we won't know the true definition on line jumping in Disney until Disney says something about it.

I don't need Disney defining this for me. Me and my "ageism" have this covered, and I have my own definition and as already stated, you're not going to do it. You are welcome to try, though.

The Empress Lilly

Line cutting is a private fastpass system.

You send one person in a line, while the others do something nice. Then when your designated return time has come, the other people join the front of the line where the one person is waiting.

Sadly, this abusive behaviour has a detrimental effect on all guests' behaviour. Sometimes people just had to go to the bathroom. Or a friend / family member who got hold up for some reason or another just wishes to join his party ahead of them. I would let these people go right ahead, most people would. But sometimes the difference with the private fastpass system isn't clear, which creates a lot of irritation for all parties involved.

The bad ruin it for the good. Even moreso than having to wait longer just so the tour groups have their way, this deterioration of park manners might be a more worrtsome development. It is why Disney ought to clamp down on tourgroups. The atmosphere of the park changes, becomes harsher, more 'realworld'ish.

I don't have a distaste for those younger than I. I just remember what it was like. Don't forget those older than you were once your age.

I, too, thought that I knew it all when I was younger, but the older you get the more you realize how much you never knew.

By the way, I do not know everything nor will I know everything. And while your point is good, my point is that in some cases, ageism is occurring. Of course everyone is young, but if the same people that were mistreated, mistreat the next generation, then its an on going cycle. It has nothing to do with one being smart or one being dumb. Just because you are older does not make you "wiser"

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Okay so how does 4 people who are in line waiting, then 2 leave to go to the bathroom and come back hold up, or change the wait time? The wait time stayed the same. Unless the 2 who stayed literally did not move or let anyone by until the other 2 came back.

If you are that idiotic to think that 2 people WAITING in line...JUST those 2 people waiting allow 2-3-4-5-6-7 or however many people in line who were in the bathroom, or experiencing something else does not effect the line. Then you really need to re evaluate your reason for being on earth.

The 2 people leaving actually help you out a bit, but eventually put you right back in the same predicament you were originally in. If it changed your wait time by 1 second then it would be wrong. But it does not change a thing.

The 2-3-4-5-6-7 people coming who WERE NOT in line already being they were just standing at the entrance talking to the CM, or picking their nose CHANGE your, and everyone else time on the ride.

Its freaking obvious...think about what one is wrong and right.

DABIGCHEEZ

Okay so how does 4 people who are in line waiting, then 2 leave to go to the bathroom and come back hold up, or change the wait time? The wait time stayed the same. Unless the 2 who stayed literally did not move or let anyone by until the other 2 came back.

If you are that idiotic to think that 2 people WAITING in line...JUST those 2 people waiting allow 2-3-4-5-6-7 or however many people in line who were in the bathroom, or experiencing something else does not effect the line. Then you really need to re evaluate your reason for being on earth.

I was trying to stay out of this thread because it is pretty silly and ridiculous. Thankfully my kids do not go to the same school as 2 of the posters in this thread.

So thank you blackthidot for saying, in a much nicer way, what I would said. :D

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I was trying to stay out of this thread because it is pretty silly and ridiculous. Thankfully my kids do not go to the same school as 2 of the posters in this thread.

So thank you blackidiot for saying, in a much nicer way, what I would said. :D

Ohhhhhhh noooo you di'int...you spelleded my name wrong!!! :mad:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I just don't see what age has to do with it. It's an excuse, or an easy way to blame something on someone.

I am 31, I am probably the most immature acting 31 year old you will ever meet. That being said I know right from wrong. If something you are doing is effecting someone elses ability to enjoy something then you are wrong. If you cared so much about keeping your group together then you should have stayed together. If its that important that you have to sit on each others laps during a ride...why the hell did you separate in the first place. I wish some kids would try and skip me in line...You're gonna grow up real fast.

All that crying about how do we know those kids who came late in line weren't in line and went to the bathroom...That would have been the first thing they said the minute they met resistance.

There comes a time when age is thrown out of the window and pure ignorance, and stupidity creeps in.

kaos

Stitch cut in front of me last week... He was wearing a neon lime green t-shirt and had a flag on his hat and was chanting something that sounded foreign... :lookaroun And then to make it worse, my wife and I had to enter seperate chambers of SGE because they were one seat short after he cut in front of me. Luckily, I got into the other chamber, and when my wife and met up for SM, she told me all about this neon lime green group that were kicking around some sort of round black and white object during the entire show. It took me awhile to find her though... I had to say excuse me to about 200 people that were in between my wife and I because I wanted a Mickey ice cream bar while she got inside of SM to hold my spot...:drevil:

Line jumping is, plain and simple, moving ahead of people in line that were there before you. If your intent is to meet up with a group of friends because you were there 20 minutes after they got in line, sorry, to the end of the line with ye! If you are in line, and have to use the facilities, then the people behind you would have seen you leave the line, then return, knowing full well that you were already there.

For Grizzly Hall 71- I doubt you're are who you are portraying yourself to be... could it be a return of the General perhaps? :fork: Do we really need to put up with the pointelss and purposeful instigating yet again?:fork:

AND- The Brazillian tour groups bring on this reputation all on their own. These are groups of 100+ teens that tour the country in smaller, presumeably well behaved groups, then meet up for a final week or so at WDW before returning to Brazil. By that time, the group leaders have lost control of the teens, as happens when you put that many together (I speak from experience, both as a teen and as a youth advisor) and they begin to transform into a blob of misbehaving and intolerable masses of neon green descending and trampling people, running through crowds, and screaming loudly and annoyingly during shows, including Illuminations (where I unfortunately wind up), acting like, well, a big group of teens whose parents are thousands of miles away! And why does Di$ney put up with it?:hammer:

PalisadesPkteer

I call it being rude. When we used to go as a family, if anyone stopped to look in a shop, buy a drink, use the bathroom, or whatever, we didn't race ahead and save them a place in line. Usually we'd head to our ride and wait to get in line until everyone was with us. My kids didn't always appreciate having to wait, but they learned manners.

Nemo14 wins! This is the way it should be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom