I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What if the purpose of those teens was the same but they didn't know about the guest assistance card?

What are the chances of twenty members of a tour group that all need a GAC and none of the whole tour group or tour operators having never heard of such a thing?

unkadug

And may I ask how old you all are :rolleyes:

And unkadug unless your being Facetious, thats exactly what im talking about.

It is ageism. All the people here who are adults know the meaning of line cutting and what is acceptable behavior.

All the children/teenagers here think that line cutting is perfectly acceptable.

NOW...the line has been drawn....where do you stand?

Hrudey3032

It is ageism. All the people here who are adults know the meaning of line cutting and what is acceptable behavior.

All the children/teenagers here think that line cutting is perfectly acceptable.

Couldn't have said it any better Dug my boy!

Im commenting not on this issue, on issues in general. There seems to be a clear distaste for anything that "teenagers" do. I myself am not one, but I still choose to defend the demographic, because some ruin it for others. I believe that for many on this site they feel teenagers in general, or the younger generation ruin things, which isnt true.

Ive stated my opinion, its either a yay or nay. If one person can do it, like a family of 4, where dad waits, and the kids and mom use the bathroom, then a tour group or any group can do it for that matter. But if the circumstances are that someone has to get out of the line and come back in thats understandable and not considered "line jumping". But again its either its allowed or its not. I see no difference.

unkadug

Im commenting not on this issue, on issues in general. There seems to be a clear distaste for anything that "teenagers" do. I myself am not one, but I still choose to defend the demographic, because some ruin it for others. I believe that for many on this site they feel teenagers in general, or the younger generation ruin things, which isnt true.

Ive stated my opinion, its either a yay or nay. If one person can do it, like a family of 4, where dad waits, and the kids and mom use the bathroom, then a tour group or any group can do it for that matter. But if the circumstances are that someone has to get out of the line and come back in thats understandable and not considered "line jumping". But again its either its allowed or its not. I see no difference.

The main issue is that officially Disney has NO stance on line cutting.

Other parks have official policies that will get you booted out of the park.

Disney is afraid to take a stance on the chance that they may offend some self entitled teenager.
(yes I had to throw that last word in there for your benefit Innoventions :lol::wave:)

The main issue is that officially Disney has NO stance on line cutting.

Other parks have official policies that will get you booted out of the park.

Disney is afraid to take a stance on the chance that they may offend some self entitled teenager.
(yes I had to throw that last word in there for your benefit Innoventions :lol::wave:)

Its a belief I have, and have had. Not just in disney but in the world in general. Those that are younger are seen not to have as much knowledge as those that are older. When in general this is not always the case. So there is a distaste for the younger generation. Its always been there. Just look at the movie "The Graduate", im sure you've heard of it

Grizzly Hall 71

On the teenager side because I am one. And your right we won't know the true definition about line cutting in Disney unless it is posted somewhere on the rides.

Grizzly Hall 71

Its a belief I have, and have had. Not just in disney but in the world in general. Those that are younger are seen not to have as much knowledge as those that are older. When in general this is not always the case. So there is a distaste for the younger generation. Its always been there. Just look at the movie "The Graduate", im sure you've heard of it

Couldn't have said it better myself. And yes Mike Nichols is a genius for playing with the idea of ageism in the film.

I also see a lot of anti-tour groupism which isn't even a word but hey.

GenerationX

its a belief i have, and have had. Not just in disney but in the world in general. Those that are younger are seen not to have as much knowledge as those that are older. When in general this is not always the case. So there is a distaste for the younger generation. Its always been there. Just look at the movie "the graduate", im sure you've heard of it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

unkadug

I don't have a distaste for those younger than I. I just remember what it was like. Don't forget those older than you were once your age.

I, too, thought that I knew it all when I was younger, but the older you get the more you realize how much you never knew.

Grizzly Hall 71

I don't have a distaste for those younger than I. I just remember what it was like. Don't forget those older than you were once your age.

I, too, thought that I knew it all when I was younger, but the older you get the more you realize how much you never knew.

True.

How about we settle this like this: we won't know the true definition on line jumping in Disney until Disney says something about it.

End of it. Now let us all eat, drink, and be merry. Who's with me?

G-bone

Its line jumping if for a given guest their actual wait time is changed in-queue by someone going in front of them that wasn't there previously, regardless of the reason. If they couldn't get to the line in time to join with their friends then they will have to wait the same amount of time as everyone else entering the line at that point in time, or make there friends come back to meet them in the back of the line.

The example with kids already in line and the restroom is not line jumping, because whether or not the kids had to go or not, the wait time for those behind them would remain unchanged. However, the example with the kids having to go prior to lining up and them sending dad or whoever to join and hold a spot for them is line jumping.

If part of a group wants to join the remainder further up in line it is jumping, because it will extend the wait time of everyone behind the in-line group because the joining group was never there, unlike in the first kids situation.

I believe in this comment. If I enter the line and I am #65 I should remain #65 until I get on the ride. If persons #41 & #42 want to leave for what ever reason and come back, fine. I should not have to let 6 "friends" join their friends and me become #71. If people are on different rides call their cell phones and say "Lets me in front of Tower Of Terror at 5:00." I always ask my kids if they have to go to the bathroom in between rides.

sweetpee_1993

The "ageism" and the "prejudice" issues were cards played by the 2 trying to make excuses for rude behavior. It matters not what my age is. It boils down to upbringing. If I was that self-absorbed to not wait my turn for anything my folks would have beat my behind, made me apologize, and made sure I learned my lesson. Again, age matters not. The people on these boards being accused of "ageism" wouldn't have a bit of problem from my teen/pre-teen. In fact, they'd likely enjoy their company. Why? Because I raised them to be polite, conscientious, caring young gentlemen. I don't have to point that out to them either. They see the rude people of any age or nationality & comment to me why those people are messed up.

Argue all you like. Have a good time. Like I said, if you're ever in line behind me with your friends in front of me you'll remain behind me and we'll have a lovely conversation about it then. Perhaps you'll learn a little lesson....like the Golden Rule....

misterID

No.

If you don't like someone jumping in front of you, you are totally right to stop them. And for the record, I've seen CM's send people back many, many times for doing that "I'm meeting my friends up there" bit.

It's different if its a wife who's bringing her kid from the bathroom to meet the husband at the front of the line than 10 people snaking there way through the line to get with their "friends" at the front. I don't see what's wrong with not letting them pass.

If they and their friends wanted to ride together (because of course all 10 people can ride together) they should have planned to meet up and got in line with each other to begin with. I think its more "smart" to send their azz's back to the end of the line when they pull that.

And I don't see this as aiming towards Brazilian tour groups, when its basically all nationalities of people who do this. Stop with the tender feelings. I didn't see the OP aim at any specific "group."

You don't think its a big deal, let them pass. The people in front of you who think its a big deal, shouldn't. There, now its solved :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom