I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
well i guess im the odd one out, im 17 therefore a teenager and personally if youre not in the line with your group when they get in line you have no right to join them. because that IS line cutting/jumping whatever you want to call that. so if you are so against people being racist or prejudice about tour groups you better not make similar comments about age groups.

Welcome...you'll fit right in! :wave:

nibblesandbits

As someone who has worked in a theme park, (granted it was Six Flags, but still...) I know what line cutting is and isn't. It's pretty easy to understand.

If someone has to leave the line to go to the restroom or some other necessary reason that allows you to function as a human being...(ie...needing water or something so they don't pass out from heat, ect.) that is not line cutting. You are not impacting the wait of the guests behind you.

If you are coming up to a line that you haven't previously been standing in and try to join others that have been standing in line, no matter what the situation, teenagers, parents with children, etc that is indeed line cutting because you haven't been in the line previously and you are therefore impacting the guests wait times behind you.

As for Fastpass, you are not cutting in line because as Disney says, when you get your Fastpass, it is saving your place in line and making you wait to ride the attraction at a later time. Your wait time has been prolonged, therefore, you are not cutting in line because you've had to essentially "wait in line" by doing other things. (Be it other attractions, eating, or shopping.) Also, it is not considred cutting in line if the theme park sanctions and creates it.

As for the Guest Assistance Card...that is more of a sticky issue with many, however, to me, it is not cutting in line because they have enough they have to go through in life. And that's all I'm going to say on that matter.

In the example of the tour group having 20 people that don't know about the guest assistance card, sure, it could be feasable, however, more than likely, not all 20 people have some sort of disability that would require them to not be with their party originally. Even if they had someone with a disability, 20 people are not necessary to hold back to wait with the disabled person. Matter of fact, I believe when people do use the Guest Assistance Card, there is a limit to the number of people that can ride with the disabled person.

Finally, you also have to look at the number of people joining a group. 1 or 2...I'm more likely to be a little leinent. 4 or more....when you get those kinds of numbers, those are people that should have known better and had their party wait for them before they got in line for the attraction.

It all comes down to common sense.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
As someone who has worked in a theme park, (granted it was Six Flags, but still...) I know what line cutting is and isn't. It's pretty easy to understand.

If someone has to leave the line to go to the restroom or some other necessary reason that allows you to function as a human being...(ie...needing water or something so they don't pass out from heat, ect.) that is not line cutting. You are not impacting the wait of the guests behind you.

If you are coming up to a line that you haven't previously been standing in and try to join others that have been standing in line, no matter what the situation, teenagers, parents with children, etc that is indeed line cutting because you haven't been in the line previously and you are therefore impacting the guests wait times behind you.

As for Fastpass, you are not cutting in line because as Disney says, when you get your Fastpass, it is saving your place in line and making you wait to ride the attraction at a later time. Your wait time has been prolonged, therefore, you are not cutting in line because you've had to essentially "wait in line" by doing other things. (Be it other attractions, eating, or shopping.) Also, it is not considred cutting in line if the theme park sanctions and creates it.

As for the Guest Assistance Card...that is more of a sticky issue with many, however, to me, it is not cutting in line because they have enough they have to go through in life. And that's all I'm going to say on that matter.

In the example of the tour group having 20 people that don't know about the guest assistance card, sure, it could be feasable, however, more than likely, not all 20 people have some sort of disability that would require them to not be with their party originally. Even if they had someone with a disability, 20 people are not necessary to hold back to wait with the disabled person. Matter of fact, I believe when people do use the Guest Assistance Card, there is a limit to the number of people that can ride with the disabled person.

Finally, you also have to look at the number of people joining a group. 1 or 2...I'm more likely to be a little leinent. 4 or more....when you get those kinds of numbers, those are people that should have known better and had their party wait for them before they got in line for the attraction.

It all comes down to common sense.

That's exactly what I said.

Walt 1901

I would call it line cutting. if the members of your party are not with you then you should either wait for them or they wait for youto get off the ride or the final options would be to ride it by themselves

Walt 1901

I wouldnt blame the tour groups. I hate to say it but the people visiting Disney are getting less polite. I was there Thursday for Fantasmic and waited in line for an hour and a half and when the time came to go in I had to argue with a lady with a stroller who decided that the stadium was big enough that her and her party could just cut in line in front of the other guest lined up down the street who also had wait over an hour. I know I dont have to mention the people at Toy Story mania who cant keep there partys together even after being told by a cast member to make sure your party is together before entering the line.

AstareGod

Even if they had someone with a disability, 20 people are not necessary to hold back to wait with the disabled person. Matter of fact, I believe when people do use the Guest Assistance Card, there is a limit to the number of people that can ride with the disabled person.

If memory serves me, I believe the total number of people, including the guest with disabilities, that can use the GAC/GAP is limited to 6. There are also different kinds of GACs/GAPs - some allow you to bypass the line altogether, while some make the group wait the same amount of time that a regular guest would, just in a different area.

mrerk

Premium Member
That's what some GAC have. A cast member or someone from your party waits in the line while the person with the needed assitance waits in a shaded area. When the person gets to the front the rest of the party joins that cast member or person.

So by that definition, the party that is in front should stay in place until the party behind catches up. I don't have a problem with that.

the-reason14

I remember years ago having a debate about this with a few members on here that probably aren't even active posters here anymore. Back then, I had no problem with meeting up with a group, be it one person meeting up or 3. But now I think that it is terribly inconsiderate. I will admit that I've done it in the past, even recently, but if everybody did it, it would completely mess up the lines. I remember when i would purposely do it, but now my take on it has changed and I rarely stand in line anyways.

hemloc

Oouuuuhhhh....I'm telling....:lol:

I suggested something similar and was called a racist.

Oh...I'm pretty sure that neither of them have a driver's license much less a learner's permit.

Sadly, they always play that darned racist card.. Sorry, but Brazil is not a race, right?? The only "racists" these days are the first ones to cry "racist"!!!

Either way, American teen tour groups get stupid too, but nowhere near as bad!! But I would be happy to see ALL those groups do 'overnight only' visits. I went to one of the overnighters back when I was a kid at DLR and it was actually a blast, because there was hardly any wait for any ride.

Bottom line is, DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Sadly, they always play that darned racist card.. Sorry, but Brazil is not a race, right?? The only "racists" these days are the first ones to cry "racist"!!!

Either way, American teen tour groups get stupid too, but nowhere near as bad!! But I would be happy to see ALL those groups do 'overnight only' visits. I went to one of the overnighters back when I was a kid at DLR and it was actually a blast, because there was hardly any wait for any ride.

Bottom line is, DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

Actually thanks to that wonderful organisation the UN and pressure from the permanently offended country of origin can now be classed as race in cases of alleged prejudice. Seems theres plenty of money to be made for legal people and compensation chasers. You can now even rewrite history to help justify being offended.

Mickey is King

This just makes me shake my head at your post, I agree line jumping is not permitted, but do we need to put the "brazilian tour group" spin on it. There is not a battle going on in WDW between non tour group v. tour group people

Well....... I'm not racist, in any way, I think if it were Scottish tour groups acting the same way, many would have a lot to say about that as well, I think pointing out that a certain group is from a certain place is just a way to identify a person /family/group.
my family is a "white" family of three. There, I have now just labeled myself also.:cool:

devoy1701

This just makes me shake my head at your post, I agree line jumping is not permitted, but do we need to put the "brazilian tour group" spin on it. There is not a battle going on in WDW between non tour group v. tour group people

there definitely is a battle between Brazilian tour groups and the rest of us!

tizzo

If you didn't know already, there are a lot of tour groups at WDW right now

Slightly off topic, but I was at the SLS concert on Saturday, and during the obligatory thank-you-audience-for-coming spiel, the singer noted that people had come from all over the world. He said "I know Brazil is here - they've been here all week". Made me smile.

Slightly closer to topic, I had an experience a couple of years ago when my wife and I were queuing up for a ride and a family of maybe 8 or 10 ran up and pushed their way in between my wife, who had already entered the queue, and me. When I excused my self to try to get around them, I got a dirty look and a "what?" from the evident matriarch. It was only when responded "may I rejoin my wife?" that she realized what she'd done, and apologized.

Not at all the same situation of course, as my wife wasn't saving a spot for me, and we weren't separated getting on line - the people separating us literally had to shove me to get between us. For some reason your story brought this experience to mind however. For what it's worth, I see a lot more of the thing you're describing with groups of 4 or 5, often including adults who should know better, than I do with tour groups.

tizzo

Well when regular non tour group people do the same thing I bet the people in line would probally let them pass right? Because they weren't tour group people.

I don't call it line jumping if your party is already ahead waiting on line and your trying to get up with them because you were enjoying something else in the park. I call it being smart.

You can call it what you want, but it IS line jumping and isn't permitted. It's not as if the reason everyone else isn't doing it is because they didn't think of it and you're smarter than they are. They aren't doing it because it's rude, inconsiderate, and against the rules.

And the reason it generally goes unchallenged is the same reason you give your wallet to a mugger when he tells you to - because the behavior of someone who would do this is unpredictable.

tizzo

The difference is intent.

Believe me, Mom & Dad would much rather the little ones go potty at convenient times but particularly in longer lines that just doesn't always work out. Can't be avoided sometimes. It's unintentional.

Teens just getting out of Captain EO should meet their friends at the end of the line for Soarin'. In this case it's about getting in front of people by sending your friends on into the line for you.

Big, big difference.

It's actually even more than intent. Mom and the child were on the line with the rest of the family to begin with.

tizzo

Fastpass is like someone waiting in the line for you. And when they are up to the front that's when your return time is.

So fastpass should be out-ruled to then?

Some guest assistance cards require you to wait in a shaded area while cast member waits on line for you and then when they are at the front the guest come along.

So should that be out-ruled to?

These hypotheticals would be appropriate, to the very limited extent to which FP is similar to the specific type of line jumping you're advocating, for a different type of discussion. If we were talking about a permitted practice that people would like to see banned, then a valid defense of keeping the practice legal would be to compare it to similar practices that people do not want to see banned.

But in this case, the most important difference between FP and allowing one or two people to hold a spot in line for a larger group is that FP is allowed and place holding is not.

In addition, there are other differences between FP and line jumping that are smaller, but still sufficient to disqualify FP as a defense for line jumping. Specifically, FP is controlled and line jumping is not. FP distribution is restricted in ways that allow Disney to continue to be able to for example predict standby wait times, and to ensure reasonably equitable distribution of FP among guests.

But again, the bottom line is that FP complies with rules and saving spots on line does not.

tizzo

Notice my Brazilian Tour Group is in quotes. And being a large part of the south american tour groups i took it that way. I was commenting on the way things are taken on these boards. Doesn't come out well in text. But anyway to make a guy look bad that doesn't agree with you i guess :cool:

The OP didn't say "South American" tour groups either, he just said "tour groups".

tizzo

That's what some GAC have. A cast member or someone from your party waits in the line while the person with the needed assitance waits in a shaded area. When the person gets to the front the rest of the party joins that cast member or person.

The main difference is that the guest needing assistance waits. The guest's party waits in line (or if they are alone a cast member waits in line for them) for the specific purpose of making sure that they do not get the unfair advantage that is realized by those jumping the line to rejoin member of their party sent ahead as placeholders.

In order for the practices to be comparable, the people waiting in line would have to leave the line when those for whom they were holding the spot arrived.

Mickey is King

Marilyn Manson is Banned from WDW forever for attempting to scare little childern while there and more or less just raising "HELL" in the parks:fork:........... read it in his autobio.

Just thought it might lend some weight to the conversation somehow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom