I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

lighteningqueen

Here is my chime. I sorta side with the vendor guy. I am in the business of selling our copyrighted childrens furniture. We have signs in our booths etc and the shows we do have signs out front saying no photos, but.....I agree that it is Disney and is on Disney property and the last thing you would think of is not to take any pictures of anything while there. But the poster should have stopped there... STOPPED when he was asked.. He kept on and on and made the guy mad. It could have all been dropped had he heeded the guys wishes. We do not like people taking pictures and it is not allowed when we ask them to stop we mean just that. If they get smart a****y with us it just makes it more frustrating. And then to go back. That is mean and rude..You were asked first and should have stopped. We that create and develop something totally unique really protect it. Why should someone else get credit or make money off something we took years hours to create. I ask every one if you are asked not to... just listen and try to imagine if it were your things and you didn't want this to happen then stop stop stop..He does not know what you are doing with the photos etc. I went to market 25 years ago in Dallas and for 4 hours an asian decent man stood in front of my booth and within 2 months toddler beds were all over walmart. Nothing like mine or the first one and then boom the dollhouse bed was copied. I should have turned him in but really didn't think alot of it. I thought maybe he was deciding what to place an order with,. He had an interpretor with him. There were no Toddler beds anywhere in the usa until we developed built and handpainted them. It really hurts all that we put into them and then it was this one guy who had to ruin it for us. But needless to say ours was wood and much cuter than metal but still. So when someone says no they mean it. Also why not aask first if you can take a photo of their things first... It is the courteous thing to do. is simply to ask....and then abide by their rules.

SirNim

The tee shirt was a nice touch, but I think it was a joke - I don't think anybody actually had them made and went and flaunted them in front of Mr. or Mrs. Nizin or anything remotely like that.
As the designer of said t-shirt and accompanying website I can assure you that I did indeed receive orders for the t-shirt, printed them off my computer onto iron-on transfer paper, and hand-ironed them onto white t-shirts I bought at Old Navy. Then I stuffed them into a soft envelope and mailed them to the recipients.

So the shirts were real, baby! Oh yeah! :wave:

KingStefan

As the designer of said t-shirt and accompanying website I can assure you that I did indeed receive orders for the t-shirt, printed them off my computer onto iron-on transfer paper, and hand-ironed them onto white t-shirts I bought at Old Navy. Then I stuffed them into a soft envelope and mailed them to the recipients.

So the shirts were real, baby! Oh yeah! :wave:

Oh, I know that. I'm not saying that they weren't real. (I almost ordered one myself!) I'm just saying that there was no organized plot to intimidate the Nizin's maliciously with those shirts.

_Scar

Wow, can't believe I missed this.

I remember another thread where a lady wanted to go into WoL pavillion, but wasn't aloud in... and she wasn't having that. I never knew F&G was so intense!

xtina72

He is in the land of cameras, you are hard pressed to find a person in Disney NOT wearing a camera and snapping a thousand pictures, was he bouncing off everyone like that all day?

Serious note here....if he would have gotten in my face foaming at the mouth like that....my husband would have clocked him dead out, and at 6 foot 5 and 280 lbs, fat boy there would have been a slab of cooking meat in the Fla sun.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, I just read four years-plus of this thread (no, no I don't have anything better to do this morning) and all I can say is wow. Great thread!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom