Hyperion Wharf Begins

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I was very specific. I think you are looking for how many lightbulbs there will be or something.

And if the stock market tanks again then they will scale back capital spending. Again that is pretty specific.

Main thing is, I got all my favorite critics on the record now and that is the most important part of this thread.

:wave:

Well so far according to Disney's own blueprints, we have grassy areas where motion, BET, and AC were/are and a amphitheater that takes up half the space RRBC did. Clearly they have no direction on this. The only thing even labeled for future entertainment area is the CW building.

source: http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

inluvwithbeast

Easy to critisize when you never go out on the limb yourself.

No risk, no reward.

Keep playing it safe and yell from the stands rather than taking the field. That will get you far in life. :lol:

You didn't really go out on a limb. You basically said "This is what should happen if things go well. This is what will happen if things go bad." I can do that too. If it thunderstorms tomorrow, people on campus will carry umbrellas and wear rainboots. If it doesn't, they won't.

You didn't really PREDICT anything.

lazyboy97o

I just don't understand people coming to Disney to do adult type things. Yes, I know Disney caters to it and I don't understand that either.
Because that is the audience upon which both Disneyland and Walt Disney World built their success.

Just keeping it real. Disney announced publicly what they planned to do.
Yes, noisy lights.

Still, a prediction of "this will either happen or it won't" just isn't very useful.

And yet, you're demanding apologies if you're right. I'm not even sure what you're predicting. :confused:
He has wised up to not say anything specific because it just bites him in the but. From coining "Bold new vision", to the drunk drivers, to Blackstone consolidating their Orlando parks against Disney, to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train being a lie.

And Fantasyland Forrest fits exactly into what was being said. Walt Disney World had no interest in doing anything big at the Magic Kingdom, Burbank decided otherwise.

draybook

Because that is the audience upon which both Disneyland and Walt Disney World built their success.

Club 33 is where the alcohol is served in DL and it wasn't opened until 1967. The park opened in 1955. So you're telling me that they weren't sucessful for those 12 years?

TP2000

Exactly what you see in the artwork accouting for the usual tweaking. Two new eateries and several small shops plus all the eye candy. No idea what will become of the AC complex. They seemed to hint there would be more announcements in the future.

jt, I'm not sure they'd waste energy and time to "announce" minor stuff like that at the D23 Expo. And if they do, then the 2011 D23 Expo is going to be a huge bust. :(

The Expo in '09 was huge and big and splashy and full of high-power execs and A list celebrities. At the 2009 D23 Expo, Jay Rasulo packed the 10,000 seat Anaheim Arena for the Parks Showcase and announced Fantasyland Expansion and Star Tours 2, big budget projects with big emotion behind them. In the 100,000 square foot Imagineering Pavilion they had intricate models and sprawling exhibits of Cars Land and DCA mega-expansion, Hong Kong Disneyland expansion models and schematics, giant Disney Cruise Line and Aulani models, and shows and exhibits about future animatronic and interactive technologies being developed for the parks.

It was big, bold and glamorous at D23 Expo. E Tickets! Wow Factor! Glamour!

4110682079_9b3932c3b9_z.jpg

Anything about a few new retail and restaurant tenants at DTD could be announced in a press release, and maybe a mid-level TDO executive offered up in the parking lot for short interviews with 2 or 3 local Orlando TV stations for the 6 o'clock news. Announcing future Downtown Disney tenants at the D23 Expo would be like Joe's Muffler Shop buying a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl. It's just the wrong venue and the wrong league.

jt04

Original Poster
jt, I'm not sure they'd waste energy and time to "announce" minor stuff like that at the D23 Expo. And if they do, then the 2011 D23 Expo is going to be a huge bust. :(

The Expo in '09 was huge and big and splashy and full of high-power execs and A list celebrities. At the 2009 D23 Expo, Jay Rasulo packed the 10,000 seat Anaheim Arena for the Parks Showcase and announced Fantasyland Expansion and Star Tours 2, big budget projects with big emotion behind them. In the 100,000 square foot Imagineering Pavilion they had intricate models and sprawling exhibits of Cars Land and DCA mega-expansion, Hong Kong Disneyland expansion models and schematics, giant Disney Cruise Line and Aulani models, and shows and exhibits about future animatronic and interactive technologies being developed for the parks.

It was big, bold and glamorous at D23 Expo. E Tickets! Wow Factor! Glamour!

4110682079_9b3932c3b9_z.jpg

Anything about a few new retail and restaurant tenants at DTD could be announced in a press release, and maybe a mid-level TDO executive offered up in the parking lot for short interviews with 2 or 3 local Orlando TV stations for the 6 o'clock news. Announcing future Downtown Disney tenants at the D23 Expo would be like Joe's Muffler Shop buying a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl. It's just the wrong venue and the wrong league.

We will see. Much of DCA had been announced but that did not keep them from talking about those attractions and then adding more details. They seemed to hint that there were more announcements for the DTD area and I am sure WDW will have a presence and presentations at the Expo. Certainly more detals about the FLE will be revealed, the new Animation resort, new DVC adds (?), Nextgen details, possibly new MK offerings the always unreliable wdw74 has been blathering about, and possible new plans for the other three parks. I just think they will use the opportunity to add details about DTD. Rather a no-brainer IMO. And the Expo will be here before we know it!

lebeau

I was very specific. I think you are looking for how many lightbulbs there will be or something.

And if the stock market tanks again then they will scale back capital spending. Again that is pretty specific.

Main thing is, I got all my favorite critics on the record now and that is the most important part of this thread.

No, you weren't. You said they will either build the concept art or they won't.

No, I'm not looking for the number of light bulbs. I'd say it was a nice try at deflection, but it really wasn't.

Oh, I see. You don't understand what the word "specific" means. Because saying "all bets may be off if something else happens" is the opposite of specific.

Okay, if that's all you were shooting for, congrats I guess?

(I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make beyond something either will or will not be built on the former location of PI....)

jt04

Original Poster
You didn't really go out on a limb. You basically said "This is what should happen if things go well. This is what will happen if things go bad." I can do that too. If it thunderstorms tomorrow, people on campus will carry umbrellas and wear rainboots. If it doesn't, they won't.

You didn't really PREDICT anything.

I see the disconnect now. Lee and some of the insiders have stated that the areas marked for "mulch" will be all that we will be getting. Lee described a drawing he saw that indicated the same "mulch" description for the area where the AC is now. He also indicated that this is the long term plan as in years. Others agreed with him. I am saying they are wrong. That these areas will be built on soon just as Disney announced and as indicated by the artist renderings. Some have said Disney can't find tenants as happened at Flamingo Crossing. Again, I don't believe this.

I know there are people here who can't remember the evolution of a topic from one day to the next and have to continually be brought up to speed each day as though yesterday never happened. But I guess I did not realize just how severe the problem is. I blame video games :p

lebeau

Ouch.

Just checked out the plans outlined at Save Pleasure Island.

Man, this is just depressing!

We have some wonderful grassy areas at the park down the street. They even have playgrounds for the kids and picnic areas. Making them superior to the plans I'm looking at in just about every way.

lebeau

I see the disconnect now. Lee and some of the insiders have stated that the areas marked for "mulch" will be all that we will be getting. Lee described a drawing he saw that indicated the same "mulch" description for the area where the AC is now. He also indicated that this is the long term plan as in years. Others agreed with him. I am saying they are wrong. That these areas will be built on soon just as Disney announced and as indicated by the artist renderings. Some have said Disney can't find tenants as happened at Flamingo Crossing. Again, I don't believe this.

I know there are people here who can't remember the evolution of a topic from one day to the next and have to continually be brought up to speed each day as though yesterday never happened. But I guess I did not realize just how severe the problem is. I blame video games :p

That's better!

I think the problem is that most of us on the thread don't follow all your disagreements as closely as you think. Next time you want to make a point, you might want to actually make it instead of vaguely referencing some conversation you had with someone else on another thread...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's better!

I think the problem is that most of us on the thread don't follow all your disagreements as closely as you think. Next time you want to make a point, you might want to actually make it instead of vaguely referencing some conversation you had with someone else on another thread...

But when one is vague, one has less of a chance of being wrong. It's only when you make a concrete statement (HSR is Definite!) that you get into trouble......

jt04

Original Poster
Ouch.

Just checked out the plans outlined at Save Pleasure Island.

Man, this is just depressing!

We have some wonderful grassy areas at the park down the street. They even have playgrounds for the kids and picnic areas. Making them superior to the plans I'm looking at in just about every way.

Further proof PT Barnum had it exactly right. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom