Hyperion Wharf Begins

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For preservation sake as we know there will be a quick edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-2sqg6FDA&list=PL0EAFC797D5EFA651&index=46&playnext=2

I also saw a story from an Orlando affiliate (NBC I think) that said there will be 4 new restaurants. No qualifier at all. They stated it as a fact and as if the leases are signed. My hunch is they are they just have chosen not to announce all the new tenants. I think though it is obvious Silk Road has signed. That is how these things work with all sorts of confidentiality agreements between parties etc.

jt04

Original Poster

I think that could be correct. You can clearly see 3 in the artist renderings which do not include the west side of the 'island'. Again though that was information from the legacy media so I take it with a grain of salt. They may have meant 4 new eateries which would include resaturants and walk up stands. Or possibly 4 new restaurants for all of DTD although that seems a bit much. I'll go with 4 new restaurants/stands/carts on PI, sure. And 8,212 new lightbulbs on the island. You are in charge of counting them.

:wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think that could be correct. You can clearly see 3 in the artist renderings which do not include the west side of the 'island'. Again though that was information from the legacy media so I take it with a grain of salt. They may have meant 4 new eateries which would include resaturants and walk up stands. Or possibly 4 new restaurants for all of DTD although that seems a bit much. I'll go with 4 new restaurants/stands/carts on PI, sure. And 8,212 new lightbulbs on the island. You are in charge of counting them.

:wave:

I know how difficult it may be to reach that number for you and your incessant need to spin, but simply providing details on the 4 restaurants you claimed will be introduced shouldn't be too difficult of a leap for you. I mean, you assured that "Silk Road" would be one of them, no? Which would simply leave 3, a far cry from the number of lightbulbs.....

Krack

You guys are letting jt04 defecate in the thread (again) by responding to him. The next thing he gets correct will be his first. Everyone knows this. If a person could have less than zero credibility on an issue, jt04 would have accomplished it regarding his knowledge of WDW. Sadly, he will have to settle for zero credibility.

No need to point it out repeatedly and drown out our conversation of what is more important to the long term success of Hyperion Wharf: Seed? Or mulch?

lebeau

You guys are letting jt04 defecate in the thread (again) by responding to him. The next thing he gets correct will be his first. Everyone knows this. If a person could have less than zero credibility on an issue, jt04 would have accomplished it regarding his knowledge of WDW. Sadly, he will have to settle for zero credibility.

No need to point it out repeatedly and drown out our conversation of what is more important to the long term success of Hyperion Wharf: Seed? Or mulch?

As jt is quick to point out, this is his thread. Defecation is called-for.

I'm going to go with "seed". Never cared for the smell of "mulch".

jt04

Original Poster
I know how difficult it may be to reach that number for you and your incessant need to spin, but simply providing details on the 4 restaurants you claimed will be introduced shouldn't be too difficult of a leap for you. I mean, you assured that "Silk Road" would be one of them, no? Which would simply leave 3, a far cry from the number of lightbulbs.....

Actually you can see the lighthouse which the insiders say will be a grill stand, a tented structure near the new amphitheater which also seems to be a quick service eatery and the new eatery in the closed down Mannequins. That leaves all the new storefront being created behind Raglin and the entire west side of the island where the AC, Soundsatge and CW are. I would assume some sort of eatery will be on that end of the island. Therefore that makes four. Simple deduction Watson.

As for lightbulbs, if you go to Miceage and check there monday resort update for DLR you will see a picture of some lightbulbs that were just installed at one of their minor attractions. I believe that this is a taste of what will be coming to HW. Can't wait for a video! So my prediction of over 8,000 lights could possibly be low.

Yup. D23 Expo just five short summery months away now, in mid August in Anaheim USA.

Yes, everyone is going to Anaheim. As for me, the D23 Expo will send me on another trip to Vindicationland when once again I am proven right about Hyperion Wharf. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Actually you can see the lighthouse which the insiders say will be a grill stand, a tented structure near the new amphitheater which also seems to be a quick service eatery and the new eatery in the closed down Mannequins. That leaves all the new storefront being created behind Raglin and the entire west side of the island where the AC, Soundsatge and CW are. I would assume some sort of eatery will be on that end of the island. Therefore that makes four. Simple deduction Watson.

So now you're going to blame the "insiders" should your prediction fail to come to fruition? Why am I not surprised? And just where will "Silk Road" be placed?

And if it was so simple, why did it take you this long? Why dispute you made the statement to begin with?

jt04

Original Poster
So now you're going to blame the "insiders" should your prediction fail to come to fruition? Why am I not surprised? And just where will "Silk Road" be placed?

And if it was so simple, why did it take you this long? Why dispute you made the statement to begin with?

If Silk Road is destined for HW it will go in the former Mannequins per the artwork. There is some doubt as to if that will be the actual name but little doubt that it will be converted into a table service. I forgot to mention that the building fronting the lighthouse could be the the boat themed restaturant Lee broke the news on. So that is possibly a 4th eatery shown in the artwork right there.

I am not looking to "blame" anyone for anything. I have just stated that HW will be similar to what Disney announced and I will stick with that. Why that bothers so many people is a mystery. :shrug:

TP2000

As for lightbulbs, if you go to Miceage and check there monday resort update for DLR you will see a picture of some lightbulbs that were just installed at one of their minor attractions. I believe that this is a taste of what will be coming to HW. Can't wait for a video! So my prediction of over 8,000 lights could possibly be low.

Valid point. The lighting industry is really going through a big change that is showing up in real projects now, all due to the new LED fixtures for sale in commercial settings. They really can do neat things with them, as seen in the viewing areas of World of Color where ornamental Victorian themed fixtures turn into 21st century dazzlers that play a part in the show. Mickey's Fun Wheel also got a dramatic transormation when the 2001 incandescent bulbs were all swapped out with computer controlled LED lights that can change into a bajillion colors, for general atmosphere or as part of the World of Color show.

Your reference above jt at Miceage is for the new Disney Junior Live On Stage attraction at DCA that got a big facade redo and refurbishment as part of its 3 month winter closure to change to the new Disney Junior show.

They installed LED lighting on the marquee and entry area, and it does all sorts of patterns and tricks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lvVfzJ8F0

Buried20KLeague

Should we begin petitioning the immigration department?:wave:

Oh, I know all KINDS of people high up in the immigration department. Problem is, I can't tell you who any of them are. And I can only share parts of what they tell me with you.

SEE?!?!?!?!?!?!? Doesn't feel so hot when someone does it to YOU now, does it???

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom