Hyperion Wharf Begins

jt04

Original Poster
Nice hedge. Goes well with all that grass.

Just keeping it real. Disney announced publicly what they planned to do. And they seem to be right on track. Only another economic downturn would change that. And there are signs everyday that is possible. Check todays headlines. It isn't pretty.

Personally I think Disney should plow through just like at DCA. People will be looking for an escape and DTD should be OK no matter what the future holds. Iger seems like the cautious type though when it comes to spending.

jt04

Original Poster
Hahaha! Exactly! It's a go...unless it's not. It will making a killing...unless it doesn't.... :p

If I could predict economic ups and downs I wouldn't be posting here. If there is another downturn everyone will know why Disney has stopped spending. It will be quite obvious.

jt04

Original Poster
Hahaha! Exactly! It's a go...unless it's not. It will making a killing...unless it doesn't.... :p

Hey, look. I'm 100% confident this will either happen, or not. Trust me.

Easy to critisize when you never go out on the limb yourself.

No risk, no reward.

Keep playing it safe and yell from the stands rather than taking the field. That will get you far in life. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

If I could predict economic ups and downs I wouldn't be posting here. If there is another downturn everyone will know why Disney has stopped spending. It will be quite obvious.
But you'll still be expecting public apologies if one side of the coin you called both sides of lands face up, naturally. ;)

menamechris

Just keeping it real. Disney announced publicly what they planned to do. And they seem to be right on track. Only another economic downturn would change that. And there are signs everyday that is possible. Check todays headlines. It isn't pretty.

Personally I think Disney should plow through just like at DCA. People will be looking for an escape and DTD should be OK no matter what the future holds. Iger seems like the cautious type though when it comes to spending.

I think I can now see where you are more optimistic than many of us (regardless of who is right or wrong). I think the vast majority of us see this project as being void of any sort of direction or "track". Quite frankly, they couldn't be more vague about what is happening - and more underwhelming in what they are releasing. Have you ever worked with someone who seems to work SO hard - shuffling papers, moving things around on their desk, constantly running around - but at the end of the day they don't have much to show for it?

This is a project probably delegated to a group or committee, and I think there is probably pressure at the top to get something done. Whatever is being done sounds to me like desperate action as opposed to a genuine plan of attack. I am sure many have faith that there is some grand magical experience in the near future (and I would be thrilled if there was), but right now, all I seem to hear are spinning wheels..just my opinion.

lebeau

Still, a prediction of "this will either happen or it won't" just isn't very useful.

And yet, you're demanding apologies if you're right. I'm not even sure what you're predicting. :confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

No risk, no reward.

Keep playing it safe and yell from the stands rather than taking the field. That will get you far in life. :lol:
There is a distinct difference between going out on a limb and throwing crap on a wall to see what sticks.

fyn

No risk, no reward.

I think the difference is that we don't have any information other than what's out in public, and we say as much. I think you don't have any other information either, but you pass it off as if you do.

There's a difference between "I think", and "I have strong evidence that suggests...". You post like the latter, when the former is more appropriate.

lebeau

I think I can now see where you are more optimistic than many of us (regardless of who is right or wrong). I think the vast majority of us see this project as being void of any sort of direction or "track". Quite frankly, they couldn't be more vague about what is happening - and more underwhelming in what they are releasing. Have you ever worked with someone who seems to work SO hard - shuffling papers, moving things around on their desk, constantly running around - but at the end of the day they don't have much to show for it?

This is a project probably delegated to a group or committee, and I think there is probably pressure at the top to get something done. Whatever is being done sounds to me like desperate action as opposed to a genuine plan of attack. I am sure many have faith that there is some grand magical experience in the near future (and I would be thrilled if there was), but right now, all I seem to hear are spinning wheels..just my opinion.

Exactly. I haven't been overly critical of HW because I still don't know what it's going to be (other than well-lit). Of course, it's cause for concern that so little has been announced. You'd think if they had great stuff lined up, they'd have given us a little more than that vague concept art.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

JT, quite frankly I love your optimism in all things TDO. This opinion may not be popular, but I think you are an essential member of these forums. I enjoy your posts, I enjoy your predictions, regardless of how much I may disagree with some of them.

This is an instance where I feel you have arrived at the correct conclusion, that HW will be underwhelming. Where I believe you are mistaken is thinking TDO has a sound plan for development. All real evidence points to them not having a clue. The only thing we have to make us think they have an exciting plan is some vague concept art. I personally don't think that is enough to dive headfirst into the pool backing TDO up. I think its great that you have maintained your seemingly never ending optimism though, it can be refreshing.

Buried20KLeague

Nice hedge. Goes well with all that grass.

Hey, look. I'm 100% confident this will either happen, or not. Trust me.

But you'll still be expecting public apologies if one side of the coin you called both sides of lands face up, naturally. ;)

Still, a prediction of "this will either happen or it won't" just isn't very useful.

And yet, you're demanding apologies if you're right. I'm not even sure what you're predicting. :confused:

There is a distinct difference between going out on a limb and throwing crap on a wall to see what sticks.

I think the difference is that we don't have any information other than what's out in public, and we say as much. I think you don't have any other information either, but you pass it off as if you do.

There's a difference between "I think", and "I have strong evidence that suggests...". You post like the latter, when the former is more appropriate.

:ROFLOL:

Again, it's funny because it's true.

I see a trend. :lookaroun

jt04

Original Poster

I was very specific. I think you are looking for how many lightbulbs there will be or something.

And if the stock market tanks again then they will scale back capital spending. Again that is pretty specific.

Main thing is, I got all my favorite critics on the record now and that is the most important part of this thread.

:wave:

fyn

Again that is pretty specific.

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

m33cbccaa0008_1_28386.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom