How Long Does It Take You To Get To Disney World.

Nicole

tigsmom said:
When we hit Fayetteville we know we will be in WDW soon! :sohappy:

Funny, that's how I feel about Jacksonville. LOL

edited to clarify that I mean Jacksonville Florida, since I read Laura's post and was reminded there's a Jacksonville NC too.

MuRkErY

Leave the house from Birmingham, England.

Drive down to Gatwick about a 2-3 hour drive, all though we could fly from Birmingham Airport but we normally fly with Virgin Atlantic, Cheaper and Better Service.

Flight usually takes around 7-8 hours. Land, get Rental car, drive to Disney or Villa if were not on-site.

Overall I’d say about 12-13 Hours from Birmingham to WDW. :D

PigletIsMyCat

I've been told it would be a 22 hour drive to Disney, but I will never drive it!! It takes us 40 - 60 minutes to drive to either JFK or LGA, then a couple of hours at the airport, then a 2 hour, 40 minute flight to MCO, then DME to whatever resort we're staying at!!!

In twelve days, we will wake up about 4:30am, be picked up at 5-ish by our *limo*, then to JFK for flight to MCO, leaving at 7:05am and landing at 9:50am, DME to SSR....

We're planning on being at Casey's for lunch :)

Nemo14

JMishy said:
Sweet! Thanks! :wave:

Any tips on resisting the urge to book a spontaneous trip to WDW...? :lookaroun
Actually they posted $47 "Ding" fares this morning for Providence to Orlando 'til Jan 31, and it really took a lot of self-control to not book a little weekend trip!

Nemo14

wannabeBelle said:
C'mon Nemo you could be going to the E:E preview!!!! Belle
Actually we'll be down there in 4 weeks; otherwise I don't think I could have resisted, even if I had to go alone!

wannabeBelle

I did the Mission:Space preview alone as no one I knew could make it!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!! I made friends as I went and had an amazing time!!! Belle

Nemo14

I'd have no problem going alone (DH might mind though) - in fact I'd love to try it sometime. It's just the extra $$$ to go now when we'll be there in 29 days (but who's counting!). Plus it would mean taking more time off work which wouldn't go over too well either.

camshron55

It usually takes me 2 1/2 days from Minneapolis. Day 1 is usually Mpls to Indianapolis; Day 2 - Indianapolis to Macon; and Day 3 - Macon to WDW.
Since I don't like to fly, it's worth the drive; plus, it serves to get me out of the 'work mode' and into a holiday mode by the time we arrive.

CAPTAIN HOOK

taverner said:
We travel from Wiltshire in UK, but fly with Virgin Atlantic, who go Gatwick to Orlando direct. Door to door therefore about 15 hours.
We live about 45 mins away from Manchester airport. Add 2 - 3 hours waiting to depart. Add 10 hrs flight direct to Orlando Int (Virgin) - A very similar time, but what a long day it makes it

Dippy Dawg

Leave house 2PM Friday (2/24 -five weeks from today:sohappy: ). Pick up DD6 and DS4 from school 2:30PM - DS1 already in truck. Start to drive to WDW. Kids wonder where are we going?? (we plan on letting them figure it out on the way.:drevil: ). Arrive in Gainesville FL 11PM stopping for dinner on the way (Cracker Barrel:hammer: ). Have they figured it out yet??:lol: Get a hotel room and :snore: :snore: :snore: Wake up around 5AM eat breakfast at hotel drive to WDW (2 hours?), park truck, check in, get tickets go to parks before 10AM. Well at least that is the plan. Total drive time about 10 hours.

MayKit

T.F. Green! (much smaller than Logan)

I'm not sure how long it is from Mashpee, MA to Warwick, RI (where Green Airport actually is, not in Providence as it's known) but I do know one thing-- I'm glad I don't have to deal with Logan anymore!

JMishy

MayKit said:
I'm not sure how long it is from Mashpee, MA to Warwick, RI (where Green Airport actually is, not in Providence as it's known) but I do know one thing-- I'm glad I don't have to deal with Logan anymore!

I had to go to the Logan airport just last month. OHMYWORD!! :brick:

PamelaNiebergal

From Saskatchewan, Canada it usually takes about 10-12 hours with 7 hours flying time, and that's if the flights are relatively close together since there are no direct flights. I am so jealous of you people who drive or have a short flight. For us driving is not an option. It would take four days, non-stop.

figmentfan

From Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Orlando (WDW) 3 Hours!!!!!!!!!

Just take the Florida Turnpike all the way up, 3 HOURS!!!!!!!!!:)

Just thinking about it makes me want to go, see you guys later.......:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom