How Long Does It Take You To Get To Disney World.

New2WDW

We drive down from area just outside Atlanta, GA. Best time, 7 hrs. worst time 8.5 hours. It all depends on how many potty breaks my wife and girls need!:lol:

Uponastar

Just under 2 hours by plane.
Driving, about 18 hrs. straight through. We did do one 15 hour white-knuckle-hang-on-for-dear-life-drive, once.
I'd rather leave the thrill rides for the parks, though. :lol:
Give me the plane anytime. I just want to get there!

Nicole

I drive from Fayetteville NC (which ironically is the halfway point for lots of people) and it takes us anywhere from 8-9 hours. Usually we try to leave home by 8 am which means we're actually on the road by 9, and we get to our hotel between 5 and 6 pm. If I drive by myself with my kids we generally only eat dinner the first night, if my DH is with me to help with the driving we may hit a park if they are having EMH.

tigsmom

Nicole said:
I drive from Fayetteville NC (which ironically is the halfway point for lots of people) and it takes us anywhere from 8-9 hours. Usually we try to leave home by 8 am which means we're actually on the road by 9, and we get to our hotel between 5 and 6 pm. If I drive by myself with my kids we generally only eat dinner the first night, if my DH is with me to help with the driving we may hit a park if they are having EMH.

When we hit Fayetteville we know we will be in WDW soon! :sohappy:

JMishy

Driving from Conway, NH to Orlando, FL it's about a 26 hour drive, so it takes us a good two days if we push it, three days if we take it easy. If we wanted to fly, we would first drive three hours to Boston and then take a plane to Orlando. That's about a 4/5 hour straight flight.

I miss the 2 1/2 hour drive from Jacksonville to Orlando. :cry:

Nemo14

JMishy said:
Driving from Conway, NH to Orlando, FL it's about a 26 hour drive, so it takes us a good two days if we push it, three days if we take it easy. If we wanted to fly, we would first drive three hours to Boston and then take a plane to Orlando. That's about a 4/5 hour straight flight.

I miss the 2 1/2 hour drive from Jacksonville to Orlando. :cry:
Do you ever fly out of Manchester?

hcswingfield

From Birmingham, AL it takes about 9 or 10 hours, depending on traffic getting out of town and how many breaks we take. We avoid the freeway most of the way, finding we make better time on the more scenic state highways through Alabama and Georgia than we do trying to drive through Atlanta and down I-75 through Georgia. We generally get onto I-75 around Valdosta or Tifton, sometimes we take the back roads through west Florida and don't get on the freeway until just above Ocala.

tigsmom

hcswingfield said:
From Birmingham, AL it takes about 9 or 10 hours, depending on traffic getting out of town and how many breaks we take. We avoid the freeway most of the way, finding we make better time on the more scenic state highways through Alabama and Georgia than we do trying to drive through Atlanta and down I-75 through Georgia. We generally get onto I-75 around Valdosta or Tifton, sometimes we take the back roads through west Florida and don't get on the freeway until just above Ocala.

We try to avoid all the cities...we are above NYC so we don't have that problem, but we go around DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Atlanta and the like. I know they say its longer mileage wise, but you don't get stuck in all the traffic james, so it ends up being faster.

Tinkrbell

When we drive down it takes about 2 & a half days. We leave Milwaukee at around 5:00am, get to Nashville around 6:00pm. The next day we get to Valdosta by 7:00pm (depends on what time we leave Nashville). The last day we finish up by driving the rest of the way to WDW. It usually takes us longer though because we stop to visit family along the way.

JMishy

Nemo14 said:
Do you ever fly out of Manchester?

We have flown out of Manchester for other flights, but not to Orlando since they have no direct flights. It takes us about 2+ hours to get to Manchester and then we'd have to have a layover. So, it's easier driving the extra hour to Boston and getting the direct flight. We also have the Portland, Maine option, but that includes a layover too.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by disneydude2000
I live in Ashford, Kent, UK. I leave my house about 6 and get a 12 o'clock GMT flight from Gatwick with Travel City Direct. After about a nine hour flight we arrive in Sanford at 5.00pm EST. So about 16 hours door to door (after getting the car keys and the villa keys and driving to either Davenport or Southern Dunes)

Don't flights leave from Bristol to go Florida?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Couldnt you go straight to Orlando?

no because Travel City Direct only flies to Sanford unless you book a larger airline and not just their own.

Nemo14

JMishy said:
We have flown out of Manchester for other flights, but not to Orlando since they have no direct flights. It takes us about 2+ hours to get to Manchester and then we'd have to have a layover. So, it's easier driving the extra hour to Boston and getting the direct flight. We also have the Portland, Maine option, but that includes a layover too.
I only ask because I know that Southwest flies out of there, and we can usually get a direct flight at great prices to Orlando from Providence with them.

Chase24

Leave home @ 6:00 AM, Arrive Pittsburgh Airport by 6:30 AM. Check in and Leave at 8:20 and in Orlando by 10:30 AM. My only Concern in the time is the Magic Your Way, I do not know how long it will take to get me to Pop Century. I hope to be in MGM shortly after lunch.

:sohappy: 9 More Days:sohappy:

taverner

disneydude2000 said:
I live in Ashford, Kent, UK. I leave my house about 6 and get a 12 o'clock GMT flight from Gatwick with Travel City Direct. After about a nine hour flight we arrive in Sanford at 5.00pm EST. So about 16 hours door to door (after getting the car keys and the villa keys and driving to either Davenport or Southern Dunes)

Don't flights leave from Bristol to go Florida?

How come its 6 hours from Ashford to Gatwick? There are no direct flights from Bristol to Orlando - only US destination is New York.

JMishy

Nemo14 said:
I only ask because I know that Southwest flies out of there, and we can usually get a direct flight at great prices to Orlando from Providence with them.

Really? I'll have to keep my eye on that then. Thanks! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom