How Long Does It Take You To Get To Disney World.

jmenjes

When I go to WDW with the family, we drive, and it's about a 4-hour or so trip from Hollywood, FL.

Last year I went up by myself and took the train. Got to my room at All-Star Sports in about 6 hours.

awalte7

We drive overnight from PA I81 to I83 to I95 the whole way. It takes between 12 and 15 hours and we always stop at south of the border on the way down.

astewart

Leave house around 4:30 - 5:00 am
Drive 10 minutes to airport
Fly out of airport @ 5:30am
1 hour 40 minute flight
Land in montreal @ 7:10am
Fly out of Montreal @ 8:40am
3 hour 20 minute flight
Land in Orlando @ 12 noon
Find baggage, and towncar driver so leaving airport @ 1:00 or 1:30pm
to the pop century however long that takes

So about 10-11 hours door to door

Don't give us much time between our house and our airport, cause our airport is very small, and doesn't require being there much in advance. We have 2 gates. One for incoming, and one for outgoing passengers :)

Horizons1

Now that alot of the construction is done on the road I take to get to WDW, it usually takes 35 to 45 minutes to get there. Just long enough for a nap.:p

tidoubleguher

Drove down in '99, took us about 18 hrs driving plus multiple stops w/2yr Granddaughter,3 days total trip time, flew out of Newark in '01, 6hrs total trip , drove in '03, got it down to 2 days, less stops, better bladder control, then flew out of local airport (W-B/Scranton,PA)in '05, 5 1/2hrs this time, will be driving down again in '07

Chape19714

1.5 hours from my front door to Cindy's Front Door! If i hurry....and there's no traffic...it's more like 2 hrs most times.

jeffs10

18hrs driving straight threw the night leaving friday night after work from chicago.

about 8 hrs flying

1 hr drive to airport
1.5 hour before flight
2.5 hr flight
1 hr getting luggage and rental car
1.5 hr stoping at superwalmart for food, snacks, and drinks
.5 hr checking in

I switch it up every years But the older i get im liking the flying part better. More relaxing and i can spend more time in wdw.

Cliffordsmon

If Southwest is having a good day and depending on the connecting city, about 5-7 hours.

If I fly American, add 2-3 hours for equipment failure, flight delays and general chaos.

If I drive to Houston to pick up my sisters and niece it takes a little over 24 hours driving time, it all depends on who is driving.

bigorangeandy

It took us about 7 hours or so last June to drive down from outside Atlanta, and more than double for the return. My wife had a kidney stone so we spent about 8 hours at the emergency room in Gainsville (nice folks at the ER), then an unexpected night at a motel.

Flying, it takes us about 5.5 hours from door to door, provided all goes well. This doesn't sound so bad until you consider that we must leave home no later than 2 a.m. We have about a 2 hour drive to the airport, a time change (We're in Central, and the airport is in Eastern.), and a long ways to travel between long term parking and the terminals. Ours is not the most efficient airport (and I'm being kind when I state it this way), so we must allow the full 60 minutes (prefarably more) before the stated departure time. Also, we almost always have to fly Delta (only direct flights from here to Orlando -- next best has a loooonnnnngggg layover in Atlanta), which has become not so reliable (as in we've had flights cancelled at the last minutes and long delays are expected). The plus side of flying is that we can snooze for the 2 hour flight, and we get to Orlando early (provided the flight leaves on time). If all goes smoothly, we can be at our resort by 10 am (using towncar service not a rental or DME). The negative, we've been up all night and, often, had to deal with the not-so-friendly staff at our regional airport and the Delta counter (no complaints with flight staff -- just the counter people).

When we take our children, we always drive. (This is not a cost issue, as driving now costs more than flying with cheap rates. Instead, it has more to do with flying with a 3, 5, and 13 yo on flights that are often delayed, sometimes re-routed, and occasionally cancelled. NOT FUN!!!) Not that driving 15+ hours with them is a barrel of laughts. Actually, it's not too bad after they fall asleep. Thus, we leave home in the early evening hours, drive through the night, and arrive mid-morning at our resort...if the kids sleep. Otherwise, we are constantly stopping for snacks and bathroom breaks. (If you have children, you already know this: No two children ever have to eat or go to the bathroom at the same time...or even within 10 minutes of one another.) One trip took us 21 hours!! I never thought we were going to get to WDW. Instead, I expected the entire week to pass at rest areas, gas stations, and fast food franchises. Ugh!

ICP06

Let's see...

1.5 hours drive to airport that handles international flights...
3 hour wait between check-in/departure
5 hour flight to Atlanta/NYC
1 hour stopover
3 hour flight to Orlando
30 minutes waiting/picking up baggage
20 minutes renting a car
10 minutes getting to car, loading with baggage, leaving airport
30 minutes drive to WDW

So that's...
15 hours at least?

PBarton

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
We live about 45 mins away from Manchester airport. Add 2 - 3 hours waiting to depart. Add 10 hrs flight direct to Orlando Int (Virgin) - A very similar time, but what a long day it makes it
Ditto!

Which is about half the time it took us to get to Disneyland Paris by coach :brick:

The coach had to make several pickups enroute to the Docks at Dover, so it took about 7 hours to get from Southport to Dover :hammer:

Can't complain though, it cost about £100 for a two night stay at the seqoia (spelling) lodge.

theatzbachs

A15 hour car ride from Ohio. We split it up by visiting relatives in SC. Couldn't imagine flying with DD's 3 and 6 they are too spoiled ny there own DVD players. NEver here a peep from them.

Angie

WDWrox

5 hour drive
30 minute flight from Tallahassee, which is a 30 min drive from my house (1 hr total) but we usually drive to save money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom